Pallid

i played soldier

"Why?"

I glance at her, chewing my pancake slowly. She hasn't touched anything on her plate, and I know she won't, but I always hold on to the slightly vain hope that she'll eat. Maybe. I don't know. She stirs her tea with a spoon as she looks at me with a patient look.

"Why what?" I ask, confused.

"Why didn't you just let me drown?" I set down my fork, knitting my eyebrows.

"What?"

"I didn't stutter." I sigh, propping my head up with my hands.

"You know why." She puts her plate on the floor and crawls over, leaning on me. "I love you, Celeste. I can't just let you kill yourself."

"I told you it was an accident," she mumbles softly.

"How was that an accident? I don't understand."

"I just--I don't know, I wanted to relax a little and take a bath and I guess I mistook my sleeping pills for my uppers instead, I don't know." She shrugs her bony shoulders, sticking her finger into the syrup on my plate. She licks it, frowning. "It's too sweet."

"Aren't you hungry?"

"No. You doing anything today?"

I'm afraid to leave her by herself, so I shake my head no, even though I'm supposed to be at the gallery in fifteen minutes. She smiles and wraps her arms around me, laughing.

"Lovely. Let's just stay inside and cuddle all day, yeah?"

Celeste didn't cuddle.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALL YOUR FEELS~ arie, thunderstorms., CaffinatedKitty trolol~ only three chapters left~