Pallid

black, black, black and blue

"Did he do this?"

"Can I just get some ice please?" she asks me quietly, fingers pulling on the end of her coat while her teeth pulled on her lip.

I pull her in and shut the door behind her. She takes a seat on the cramped counter, in the space between the wall and the microwave, while I look in the fridge for the ice tray. After I find some ice, I break it up in a dish rag and tie it up, handing it to her. She presses it to her cheek, staring at the floor.

"Thank you."

"Wanna stay?" I ask her quietly, leaning my forehead against hers. She starts to cry. "Hey, it's okay," I murmur, stroking her hair. "I'm still here." She's silent, her face twisting in to a frown as she starts to cry harder.

This is one of her few moments of affection.

She wraps her legs around me, resting her forehead on my shoulder as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Take me to bed, please."

We're silent, my footsteps barely making a sound. Her hiccups are drowned out by the sounds of the train outside. We sit and she crawls off, going under the covers.

"I love you."

She turns to face the other direction, crying even harder.

She'll deny all of this in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys. really. omg. i love you all. The Color Abi, vices, and throw up. xox