Status: Writing in it When I Want to

New and Pretty

Forget-Me-Not

After the pizza place Keelan and I decided to go to the park together. I didn't tell him about my dream just in case he thought I was weird for being scared.
But of course, nothing was out of the ordinary at the park. There were still kids playing, dogs playing fetch, young couples making out everywhere, and the elderly feeding birds. Pretty much your average park.

We left a couple hours later and he told me he'd call me when he got home. Mom was baking when I got home and it smelled delicious.
"Muffins!" She responded when I asked what it was. I was a little upset it wasn't cookie dough but muffins were good too.

I was getting worried when it got dark outside and still no word from Keelan. The phone rang breaking my thoughts and I grabbed it before anyone else had a chance to.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's Keelan." He said, as if it wasn't obvious.
"Why'd you take so long to get home?" I asked, being the nosey girlfriend I was. He yawned loudly into the phone.
"Didn't you get any of my texts? I told you that dad had gotten into a car accident and we had to go to the hospital to get him checked over." Keelan said his voice sounding extremely tired out. My heartbeat seemed to stop completely.
"Babe, you still there?"
"Ke-Keelan..." I said, my voice shaking.
"What is it, Babe??" He asked urgently, sounding really worried about me.
"I think I left my phone in the park..." I whispered. He laughed.
"Don't do that. I thought it was actually something serious. I was worried." He said. I heard something crunch in the background.
"What was that?"
"I stepped on a bag. Do you want to go looking for it tonight?"
"For my phone?"
"No, of course your phone. Do you want to or not?" He asked, pretending to be irritated. I sighed and told him about my dream.