Gentle Heart

I Swear

Talen peered up at the grey sky with solemn. Why did it feel like ages since the last time she has seen the prince? Her heart broke at the mere thought of him. How she broke their bond, the small bond that kept her sane. Talen craved to be near him and had the look of approval from him, but that was all stripped away when Loki got his hands on Jane.

Jane. Talen thought, sadness clouded her eyes.

Her horses wandered all around her grazing at the field staying by her side for comfort. They could all sense the sadness that was within their friend and wanted to be by her side. She thanked her trustworthy friends for being so kind to her.

Talen licked her dry lips when she felt something cool drop on her pink tresses. Furrowing her brows in confusion she stuck her hand out to feel a few drops fall into her hand. The rain continued to sprinkle down upon her and she didn’t care. It didn’t matter that her body was soaked to the bone within minutes. Talen didn’t want to concern her horses so she dismissed them back into the stables.

They quietly galloped their way back leaving Ralph in awe as he stared at the goddess from a distance. Not once has he seen something so amazing. He found it odd that Talen unlatched all their stables in the early hours of the morning and walked off into the fields. Seconds later the horses trailed behind her before forming a circle of where she sat.

She quietly pondered for a few hours living in solace. Ralph didn’t think she would have control over the animals as much as she did. He knew that she had some deep connection with them on how she handled each one differently during the years they worked together, but this was different.

As the horses finally entered the stables, Ralph turned his head when he heard the captain share his concern with him. “Talen should come inside before she catches a cold.”

Ralph pursed his lips as he stared out to see the flurry of pink. “I don’t think goddesses get sick.” He paused when he watched Steve climbed down the porch steps and into the fields instantly becoming just as wet as her. The boy scratched his head before he headed towards the stables to help keep the horses in tact letting the captain go to Talen.

“Talen.” He whispered, he didn’t think she could hear him in the rain and was surprised to see her turn around with a look of despair. Steve kneeled down beside her, “We should head inside before you catch something.”

Talen’s gaze was elsewhere as she pointed out that she couldn’t catch a cold. Her body felt the warmth of Steve’s coming off of him and onto hers while the drops pelted onto her pale skin. “Tell me Captain. Do you think I’m useless?”

The question threw him off wondering why she would ask such a loaded question. He shook his head in disapproval, “I haven’t known you long, but I do know you aren’t useless.”

Talen gave a wry smile, “As time passes you will start to think just like all the Asgardians and the Prince. I’m nothing compared to them, there is no point of me being a goddess or wielding the power that I have, but I carry it anyways because I have no other choice. I wouldn’t have received this much attention if Brisingamen wasn’t embedded within me. I have to make it up to Prince Thor somehow. I have to get Jane back to redeem whatever honor I had in the first place.”

The pink haired goddess stood up with a sad smile, “I’m sorry I have to do this.” She didn’t know if he could hear her over the rain, but the speed of knocking him out was simple. Holding her rod over the unconscious hero something told her that he would have probably talked her out of doing what she was going to do even if he wasn’t aware of it.

She had to find Thor and beg to let her aid them.

The stormy skies gave her an indication that Thor was somewhere nearby or that is what she hoped. Talen took off running in a direction letting her feet take her someplace. Tree after tree passed, her eyes couldn’t see passed the wall of rain. It felt like hours when her legs wanted to give up, her lungs felt like they were on fire.

Talen pushed forward as her run slowed down to a jog her lungs tightened, coughing violently she came to a halt as she leaned against one of the tall trees. Covering her mouth, her lungs felt hoarse. Was someone screaming? It took her a minute to realize it was her that was screaming into the wilderness. She felt like a true failure not even knowing where Thor was, she couldn’t even do one measly task just like the prince had said.

She was truly pathetic.

A sniffle passed through her nose letting her tears mix in with the rain. Her pink curls were stringy and became a darker shade of pink. Rolling her body onto the ground she slowly breathed in and out as the tree she was leaning against protected her from the rain.

She closed her grey eyes when she felt Anvindr giving her a soft rumble against her thigh. Ignoring her weapon, she felt like it giving up. Maybe she should go back home where she belonged and hoped that the Prince saved Jane before it was too late. She highly doubted that Prince Loki would hurt the human wanting to hurt Thor in every possible way, he might dangle the poor woman in front of him before escaping with her once again just to let his heart bleed again.

Like once wasn’t enough.

She never knew why Prince Loki’s heart was shrouded in complete darkness. Even when he discovered his true heritage, there were people that loved and cared for him despite what the other Asgardians felt about him. He was different like her, but she dealt with it in a different way. He kept in his anger while she was more hurt and left to avoid her people again.

“You didn’t leave for a different reason, Talen.” Talen opened her eyes; she slowly turned her head to see Loki standing a few feet away from her. The cold hit her hard as she tried to catch her breath. How did he find her? Loki’s mischievous smile appeared on his thin lips as he answered her question, “I find you like I always do, little bird or do you think you have a talent for hiding?”

Talen lifted her body from the ground, pressing her back against the tree. Her hair matted against her face as she softly demanded what he wanted from her. She watched as his eyes glanced at her bosom before staring into her eyes again. She felt vulnerable, open like a gutted fish revealing all of her contents for him to see.

She turned away avoiding his gaze as he chuckled, “You know what I want from you. It’s the very thing that is attached to you and the only thing that is keeping the human alive. She’s a feisty one, I give her that.” Loki smirked when Talen’s head snapped towards his direction again. “Ah, the girl has captured your heart as well. Pray tell, Talen. What will you do for her? Will you sacrifice yourself for her?”

Talen’s breath hitched when she felt something softer pressed against her back. The cool breath hit her ear; Loki leaned closely as he whispered, “What will you do in order to make your lovely prince happy? To do in order to have your love gain true happiness again is quite an easy task.”

Something deep within her knew that something was telling her that he wanted something more from her. More than turning herself over to him. The large lump in her throat crawled down her throat as she swallowed harshly, she asked with a shaky voice. “What do you want me to do?”

When Loki pressed his lips against her hair she could feel his grin and something inside of her knew that she wouldn’t want to do what he asked of her. “I want you to join me in my cause. To fight against that oaf of a man that calls himself a god. He will have his human back if you met my requirements.”

“And if I don’t agree to your terms?”

There was a small pause before she trembled beneath him feeling the rage and hate roll off his tongue as he hissed, “I will kill her and then come after you and make you watch your beloved prince burn to ash. The despair of losing your prince will be enough for me, the pain and anguish that will course through your body will only bring me pleasure. Do you heed my words, Talen?”

Talen’s lips quivered, a small whimper of agreement with tears rolling down her pale cheeks. A sudden jerk left her speechless as she felt her body move from the place where it was. Talen looked around frantically before she realized that she was dreaming or was it a dream?

She then realized that she wasn’t nearby the tree she crawled under, but under a cliff. Furrowing her brows, she stiffened at the rough voice beside her. “You’re a foolish girl going out into the rain.” Talen turned, her eyes widened as the bearded man huffed in agitation. He rambled how stupid she was as she whispered in awe.

“Volstagg?”

The burly man paused before he grinned, “Aye. What were you doing out in the rain, lassie?”

Talen bit her lip afraid to answer, it was a stupid decision on her part to leave so suddenly, but she had to find him. “I have to find Prince Thor.” Her grey eyes grew darker saying his name. Volstagg frowned at her answer. “Is he—around here?” It was highly plausible that the golden god was somewhere nearby. Where his friends were he was bound to be.

“He is, but he doesn’t want to be near you-” Talen stood up at the confirmation. He was nearby. “Talen? He doesn’t want you near him.” He tried to let her down softly, but he felt like she wasn’t listening to him. Every word was thrown out as she pushed herself forward to find the prince.

“Talen.”

“I know, Volstagg, but I need his forgiveness. Please let me go.” She pleaded softness to her voice that made Volstagg fumble with his words. He was aware of her admiration towards the prince and seeing that she was near tears of hoping he would let her go made him weary. Sif was going to have his head for this.

Stiffly nodded, he pointed at the direction of where the prince might be and prayed that she got the forgiveness she was looking for.

Talen thanked the warrior before heading in that direction. Walking through the trees, the rows got sparse. Trees were smashed, craters were engraved into the ground and black wood charred from the lightning that strike them. When her sight caught a glimpse of gold she stopped in her steps.

Her prince.

The one god that captured her heart at an early age. What she wouldn’t give to be free from his grasp. Even now her heart ached for him hoping that he would forgive her. She never deserved his love and will never have it, but if she was on good terms with him then it will be more than enough to last a lifetime.

Taking those steps forward, she flinched when the harsh words of Thor came ringing in her ear. “What is it that you want?” He spat. His bulky form turning around, his blue eyes darkened in fury at the sight of her.

Talen instinctively knelt in front of her prince, letting his dominance overcome her. Her hands clutched to her side as she quivered, “I’m here to plea for forgiveness, my prince. I know…I know I don’t deserve any compassion from you. I don’t deserve to be in your presence, but I beg of you please let me help you find Jane!”

Fiery pools of blue searched her form as he demanded, “And what could you possibly aid me? You have nothing.”

“I have what Prince Loki wants! He will be after me soon enough and I swear that I will help you get Jane back no matter the cost. My life belongs to you.” She balled her tiny fist against her heart as she swore the oath of allegiance, the same one her brother and parents swore to the All Father.

She bowed her head as she shouted the words, the anguish that she felt fueled her desire to please him, to have him become allies with her again. She missed him. If she died in the process then so be it as long as he forgives her.

Thor walked over to her with a blank expression upon his face standing inches away from her, he commanded her to rise. When Talen rose to her feet she looked upon him with pleading eyes filled with tears that were masked by the rain. Thor knew of her tears, she had a gentle heart and could not bear the thought of someone banishing her from their life.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. “If I could trade places with Jane I would.”

The truth spilled from her lips Thor placed a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t say such things. Loki would have won if he had you.” Talen nodded, sniffling as she blinked away the water pouring onto her face. She let him brush her pink hair from her eyes before cupping her cheek. “You will need to be strong for what is about to come. What I said in the past, I didn’t mean. Those words came from anger not my heart.”

Talen felt her eyes flutter close as she daringly grasped the hand that cupped her cheek. “There is no need for you to apologize to me. I already knew.”

Thor didn’t believe her. He knew his words cut deeper than any blade. The despair that she went through he could only imagine being the daughter of Trust had a part of her spiraling into self-doubt of her worth. The trust between them was wedged until now. He watched as her heart started to mend a little by his touch.

The prince already knew of her feelings for him since the first day he met her. Her cheeks always grew warm around him even at this moment. The warmth that spread through her cheeks could be felt underneath his hand, her soft voice filled with a timid nature. She was like a doe hoping not to overstep her boundaries and always stayed by her companions’ side.

She was small. The smallest goddess he has ever seen and was brutally trained by her mother. Still after all the beatings that she went through, after surviving her bloodthirsty mother she still had the gentlest of hearts. That was something to admire. Talen thought she was weak and had no place in the gods, yet she did. She held a special place in his heart, he hated how the others bullied her and he had the urge to protect her.

How invalid his words must have seemed. To have shouted at her, deemed her worthless in front of her eyes and casted her aside like some worthless animal. None of that was true. His rage got the best of him. He couldn’t believe that his brother captured his love and something inside of him knew that Talen tried her best, but the rage told him that her best wasn’t enough that her power was nothing compared to the Warriors Three.

Talen had her own power she had yet to unleash even before Brisingamen. The bloodlust was within her, he could sense it.

The guilt set in on that promised that he swore to himself many years ago only to vow again that he will protect her. Her and Jane. They both held special places in his heart. He will not give Talen to the darkness, never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that was a loaded chapter. It came out a lot darker than I thought it would, but then again I have to blame the GoT soundtrack XD it fit so well with this chapter haha anyways it looks like Thor is friends again with Talen giving silent vows to protect her. Emotions are finally coming into place everyone