Gentle Heart

Dark Heart

Talen grasped Whisper’s mane nervously as they followed Thor towards their destination. It felt like ages until a group of stormy clouds started to roll in. As the clouds descended onto Earth, Talen cautiously flew forward only hearing the flapping of her companion’s wings.

Within seconds, all the air is sucked out of her. She gasped in surprise as her grey eyes widened as felt her body fly off Whisper’s back and towards the ground. “TALEN!” She knew it was Thor’s voice screaming, hoping he could reach her. Nothing came out of her lips as the wind gushed into her lungs as quickly as it left and her body collided with the ground.

A painful scream escaped her lips, her body sending waves of pain. The low hissing sound started faint as she opened her eyes slowly to see nothing, but fog surrounding her. Talen’s ear drums zoned out the clashing of metal and angry snorts. Finally her ears picked up on the hissing sound that became louder with each second that passed by.

Gaining enough courage to lift her head, she did so; pieces of pink strands fell in front of her face obstructing her vision a little. Claws dug into the ground in front of her and she swore that she could hear her heart skip several beats.

“I ssssee you have fallen from grace. The Brisingamen is truly imbedded within you.” The cold scaly fleshy claw reached out to her and she winced when he lifted her body with ease. As he lifted her, she could smell the foul stench the Zarroc carried, grimacing she couldn’t turn her head as he snaked his claws around her neck.

“What will you do, Talen? Asgardian equivalent to human scum? Hm?”

Talen gritted her teeth as her legs dangled underneath her, “I-I’ll tell you. I promised—to rescue Jane.” With that last word, she propelled her feet forward with all her strength leaving the Zarroc breathless for a second for her to tuck her leg in to retrieve Anvindr. The rod extended instantly letting Talen use all her force to smash his arm.

A loud growl released from the beast, releasing her from a choke hold. Having a small coughing fit, she took a few steps back to recollect herself. The good thing about the fog is that no one knew where she is except for the lizard that is a few feet away from her. The bad thing is she didn’t know where everyone else is.

Swinging Anvindr around once it transformed into the large boomerang. Gripping the leather bound handle, she swung it above her head until the fog started to rise and swirl around her. Once the substance collected around her she let out a gust of wind that destroyed the dense fog revealing the prince battling several Zarroc with Whisper flying towards her.

Talen gasped when the Zarroc near her lurched towards her, jumping out of the way she clumsily fell into Whisper’s back. Half of her body clung for dear life as he circled around the atmosphere as she placed her other leg on the other side of her horse.

Rebalancing herself, she threw her boomerang towards the legion of lizards that were heading towards the golden haired Asgardian.

Fear struck her as she saw what look like thousands of Zarroc all charging towards them. It all felt surreal seeing Loki standing above a cliff, a huge victorious grin upon his face as if he already knew he have won. Loki gazed into the frightened pink haired goddess as he mentally asked her if she is willing to give up.

Talen remembered the threat he made to her and her eyes darkened. Clutching Anvindr tightly, she rounded towards the legion reminding herself that she swore to protect her prince. It can’t be about her; it has to be all about him and Jane.

That’s what all matters.

Mustering up all the courage within her body, she forced herself to charge into the plethora of warriors letting out a battle cry before throwing her arm back and whipping it around slashing a few Zarroc along the way. Bloody splattered hitting Talen’s face and clothes, it was then she realized she didn’t have armor.

She foolishly didn’t have any armor, but even when she was forced into the battle field years prior she didn’t have any either. Talen can hold off, the fiery aches within her limbs were controlled for the time being.

Small spurts of fire bursts around her boomerang as she deflected the axe. Talen bent her knees as the reptile pushed against her weapon with a wide grin on its face. “Is this all what an Asssgardian can do? Deflect me?” Her arms screamed in agony as she struggled to keep her knees off the ground, pushing up she used most of her strength to level herself again before the damn beast pounded his axe against her boomerang landing her on her knees.

“The Frossst Giant wantsss usss to keep you alive, but I say it’s besssst if I personally sssskinned that delicate flessssh off your body.” Its tongue flickered out tasting the pale skin of the goddess leaving her applaud at the audacity of the monster.

The pain on her arms were alleviated when the winding sound of Mjolnir passed her ears. A smile of relief crossed her features as Thor stood tall above her, offering her a hand. She gladly accepted it as he asked if she is alright.

“Never been better. You?”

Thor grinned devilishly, “Having the time of my life, but we must focus on finding Jane.” He gave her a knowing look, the same look he gave her when he revealed the plan of attack. It is reckless to do such a thing, but they were left with no choice being outnumbered.

Whisper scooped up Talen as they took off into the skies; Thor lifted himself as he summoned the storms and threw lightning paralyzing most of the Zarroc. As he did so, Talen threw her boomerang at the remaining beasts, slashing them within seconds. Thor swiftly took the spot next to Loki as he lifted his hammer towards his younger brother.

“It’s over Loki. Return Jane to me at once and I might spare your life.”

Loki chuckled as he mockingly raised his hands in surrender, “Spare my life? I feel so honored to have been offered such kindness. Pray tell, Thor, how is Talen fairing with that pendant in her chest? You haven’t noticed, have you?” A glint in his eye sparkled as Thor posture faltered. “Ah, only have eyes for Jane. I must say that is quite irresponsible for a leader like you to have not noticed the corruption your dear Talen is facing.”

A loud gasp is heard, knees buckling under Talen as she held onto her heart for dear life. “Talen!” Thor took a step towards her before he spun back towards Loki. “What have you done to her?!”

“I have done nothing…not yet.”

Thor growled, his knuckles turning white with the tight grip upon his weapon. Dashing towards Loki, he swung his hammer to see his weapon going right through. An illusion? How did he not see it? It astounded him that this is the time he didn’t see it.

Spinning around he saw the dark prince kneeling beside Talen as he lifted her chin to look into his eyes. “You have such a pure heart filled with love, compassion and kindness. It’s a delight to see the darkness slowly take that away from you. To taint your heart black.” Unshed angry tears bubbled to the surface, Talen couldn’t move. She yelled at her body to move and it refused.

No matter what she did, she had no control over her body.

“Talen, don’t listen to him. Whatever you do, keep your heart pure. Do not let the darkness win.”

“He has fooled you, Talen. Thor has never cared about you or your family. He let Vermundr die, he wanted you to unleash that beast within to win the war. Everyone that you know have turned against you. They used you for their own purpose and will gladly watch you burn.” Thor couldn’t get there in time as he tried to reach for the two before it is too late.

Loki pressed his hand against her chest, “Let me do the honors of speeding up this process.” The pendant turned blue with a light surrounding them before she is consumed by darkness.

Something heavy is pressed against her chest preventing her from breathing properly. Her eyes instantly opened as the angry voice sent her mind reeling, “What in hells name are you doing? Get out there and fight for your kingdom, Talen.” The fiery temper of her mother grew as she yanked her daughter onto her feet. “Stop being so bloody useless and fight.”

Talen took a few steps back as she took in her surroundings, the plain fields of Ambdur. For some reason, she felt frightened. She didn’t know what to think as she felt Anvindr pulsing, waiting for her to unleash him.

Taking him into her grip, she ran towards the source to find Vermundr. Dodging her enemies, she saw the back of her older brother, soaked in the enemy’s blood and determination written on his features. When his light eyes landed on hers, he is shocked at her appearance.

“What are you doing in the battle field, Talen? Return to your post!”

“I am at my post, dear brother.” Talen ducked when a flying arrow missed her head and in return she swung her boomerang. An unsettling expression appeared on his face as he pressed his back against hers for leverage and protection.

“Stay with me and I swear to protect you until my last breath.”

Talen felt safe when Vermundr is around her, being abnormally tall he had the girth of ten gods and the sword he wielded only slayed enemies that are putting innocent lives in danger. The blade grew wider and longer as he unleashed the blade upon their enemies. Talen fought alongside her brother, she didn’t cause as much damage because of her nature and he naturally placed his body before hers in protection.

With her back turned, she didn’t hear the cry of her name. Fear struck her when she felt a gush of wind hit her back and when she turned she saw blood dripping at the side of her brother’s face. Part of his face is smashed in.

His legs gave way and completely fell onto the ground with Thor grinning evilly. His hammer soaked with her brother’s blood. How could this be? Why would he? Nothing made sense and yet the rage, bloodlust and desperation filled her heart.

When she opened her eyes, her eyes flickered black before returning to normal. Thor cautiously took a step forward as he called out her name. Loki chuckled seeing the process is now complete, the pendant glowing black as the darkness continued to course through her veins. “It’s too late, brother. She finally gave into the darkness and you are her first target.”

Talen rose silently as pink hair fell upon her face, the one that is filled with innocence and joy only to see the bitterness lie dormant. With Anvindr in hand back in its rod form, she waited until Loki finally whisper, “Kill him.”

Anvindr is unleashed; the small gust of wind picked up from the transformation before she propelled herself towards Thor and swung her weapon at him. He placed his hammer in front of him as defense as he gritted his teeth, “Talen, it’s me, Thor.”

“She can’t hear you, Thor. Not when she believes you are the one that murdered her brother.” Loki chuckled, “Let the games begin.” His form disappeared into thin air as Thor is left alone with Talen as he watched the side of her neck blacken in darkness and wondered if he will have success bringing her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
My goodness writing actions scenes wipe me out a lot faster than writing smut scenes lol. Talen is now joining the dark side and if you have any questions as to why she thinks Thor killed her older brother, feel free to ask.
I have to say that I didn't see the attention coming. I noticed that the recs increased by 12 people I am so flattered that all ya'll love this story so much. I seriously have to thank a friend of mine that helped me get over my fear of writing a Thor story thinking I couldn't do him justice to writing simple plot lines that I can go by. Comments will be appreciated.