Gentle Heart

Three Hearts

The day has finally come. Talen is to leave for Midgard that following day and the golden haired prince could not think of anything else. His mind flooded with thoughts of her, he did poorly in his sparring with his comrades. Fandral grew weary after jesting with him, trying to provoke the prince into fighting, yet it didn’t work.

He could see the wheels spinning as Thor looked elsewhere. Sighing in defeat, he pushed the prince off the side as the next pair started off their spar. Wiping the sweat off of his forehead, he groaned as he sat down next to the prince that already had a refreshment in his hand.

Fandral dare not question how he got it so quickly rather he observed the scenery before him, “I’m guessing you are not taking Talen’s leave well. May I remind you that she has not left yet?”

The blue eyes of the prince darkened, grimly stating, “I am aware, Fandral. It does not mean it will not happen. She is leaving whether I like it or not.” The blond warrior pursed his thin lips as his brown eyes fluttered around.

“You’re confession did not change her mind?” Surely she would change her mind once Thor confessed his love for her. It is clear as day that the Asgardian prince has deep feelings for the goddess and for the blushing young goddess that adored him from a distance for so long to finally have her feelings returned. She cannot be mad as to turn this down.

But something is off, the discomfort in Thor’s body told him otherwise. “You did tell her…” He trailed off, his tone weary of his answer. If it is not the most basic thing he could have done is to tell her and if he did not then there is nothing here for her.

“I have said of the sort.”

“What did you say?”

“That…she’s irreplaceable.” Thor peered at his friend who waited for more of his response. “That is all.” The wooer of the two groaned, the Asgardian who always had more than one woman flanked by his side knew this was beyond stupid for him to say nothing more.

Covering his hand over his hand, he shook his head in disbelief, “Unbelievable. Thor, you cannot possibly think saying she is irreplaceable is enough for her to stay. You have to dig deep down into your soul, utter those words that are beckoning to be released and then Talen shall be yours. Unless you never wanted her to stay.”

The glare he received is noted, shrugging his shoulders, he tapped his boots against the ground. “You still have tonight.”

Thor grunted in response, his dark brown eyes followed the grim features of the prince noticing that he has already given up and preparing for the inevitable. To see him in such a state astounded him, this is the same god that refused to believe that he will never see Jane again, fighting tooth and nail to get back to her, he finally did and as for Talen he has given up so easily.

Possibly because he never had Talen.

His eyes softened as he realized, “You are afraid…” Thor’s shoulders stiffened. “that once Talen returns to Midgard she will find someone to love, someone that she deserves and live out her days with him instead of you. If she were to leave, she will never be yours. Do you actually think her love for you is that frail?”

The prince could not stand for another lecture, countless words coming from everyone’s lips. From his father, his mother, the people of Asgard, Talen and now Fandral. “I should not be concerning myself with her. I have Jane.”

Still Fandral isn’t fooled by his response; humming he drummed his fingers against the pebbled stairs. “Then if you don’t mind, I shall spend the night with Lady Talen?” Thor sends a murderous glare towards Fandral who chuckled, “I only jest, my friend.”

“Choose wisely or you may lose both.” Fandral stood up, stretching his lithe body when his eyes caught a flock of women giggling mercilessly. He grinned making his way over after excusing himself from the prince.

Talen basked in the moonlight, in the clothing similar to when she left for Midgard. A dark green piece that wrapped around her breasts leaving her torso exposed, her short pale legs hidden beneath the skirts that hung on her hips and the golden arm bands glittering in the light of the moon. Caressing her dear friend, Whisper, she murmured her vow to bring him along this time after permission being granted from All Father.

Thor stood off in the distance clearly not liking what this will become. What surprised him is when Talen asked of Jane’s wellbeing. Here he stood upset that Talen the goddess that ensnared his heart or rather become possessive of thinks of his lover more than he.

“Why don’t we see for ourselves?” He lifted his arm for her to take. Gratefully, she took it.

Talen cannot lie and say she isn’t looking forward to going home. Permission being granted and blessed by the All Father, she knew that she can leave this instant if she wanted to. Getting giddy as they reached the Bifrost, she smiled when she saw Heimdall.

“Heimdall, it’s been so long since I have last seen you.”

Heimdall’s lips broke into a soft smile, “It certainly has. I’ve heard that you are to return to Midgard.”

“Tonight if that’s possible.” She missed the look of shock on Thor’s face. “Once we check on, Jane.” She glanced at the prince. The guardian stared at the two knowing the emotions and frustrations going through each of them, keeping his thoughts to himself, he turned around.

“You recall the convergence that I have taught you?”

The alignments of the worlds, Talen remembered the lessons that she was given by Vermundr. It only happened very few and far between eras, the time when dimensions and borders were blurred and gives easy access to any if found. Jane supposedly is on the verge of finding this sort; none of Talen is surprised of.

Standing back as Thor approached Heimdall, the two spoke before the guardian paused. “What?” Thor asked with concern.

“I can’t see her.”

“Can’t see her, where did she go?” Thor whipped around, frustration etched on his features as Heimdall told him that he cannot find Jane anywhere. Talen frowned; she placed a hand on Thor’s shoulder as she told him not to worry.

Staring into his eyes, she swore, “We’ll find her.”

“You should return to your home. I can handle it from here.”

Taken aback by his words, she shook her head. “I can’t do that. You know I can’t, not when Jane has disappeared. Let me help you.” He is trying to push her away, to keep her at a safe distance. Thor did not want Talen to be in another situation where she ended up in a prison cell for another century.

“Talen-”

“Did you forget my oath to you? I am not leaving you in your time of need.” She surely has changed, stubborn more than he anticipated than the subdued goddess that would have left without another word.

“Stay here while I look for Jane.” Stiffly she nodded, taking a step back as she watched Thor go through the Bifrost to search for Jane. How can she refuse that, his eyes said it all. He needed to do this one his own and if he ever needed her, he will call her.

Biting her lip, she mumbled, “I should be joining him.”

“I think it’s best for you to stay here. I have a feeling you are to be needed when he returns.” Heimdall advised.

Talen disliked the tone he used as she patiently waited, pacing on one side of the platform, Heimdall raised a brow when she sighed heavily. Here is she, waiting for him to return when she should have been out there helping. She felt useless here and not having the sight that the guardian does, it only made her more nervous of what is going on.

Finally, Heimdall stepped on the platform; grasping the sword he inserted only to twist it. The light blue vortex swirled in motion, her grey eyes widening as a large object flew across barely missing her. Then as she turned her attention back there stood, Thor with Jane clutching to his side in awe.

Dumbstruck, Jane gasped clearly enjoyed the ride there. Talen stood still, guilt rising within her as her eyes tried to find any traces of what she has done to her. The goddess has no idea what the mortal will do once she sees her and she flinches when those eyes are focused on her. Swallowing her pride, she stepped forward cautiously, “I see that you are well.”

Jane’s cautious stare turned friendly as she took further steps forward, staring at her for inspection. Satisfied, she grinned, “I should say the same to you. You’ve changed.” Noticing the long hair and change of clothing.

“Not that I am happy to see you, but what are you doing here? Are you alright?” Talen grew troubled at the prospect that something is wrong with Jane.

Before Jane could speak, Thor stepped forward placing a hand on her shoulder, “That is where you step in.” Talen nodded, given if the healers permitted space for her to work she will diagnose Jane immediately. Traveling towards the city made the goddess anxious, since her release she barely had to withstand backlash.

Now she has to, in broad daylight. Profanities were yelled, outraged at her return when she is supposed to be in Midgard. If it were not for the prince, she knew that they would have done much worse.

Jane confused as to why they were so furious pondered out loud. Talen gave her the solid facts that they all felt betrayed by her and it will take more than hundred years in prison to accept her back. “A hundred years? You spent a century in prison?”

A bitter smile on her pink lips, “All of which I deserved.”

“That’s bullshit. We all know that you weren’t in control of your body then. It was all Loki.” She didn’t respond as they trekked forward, the guards that stood by her doorway now fell back in line behind her. Curious if they have ever left her to begin with, she pressed on until they reached Dagmar who allowed her to use a free space.

Thanking her, she patted the table, “Lie down and I will start the examination.”

Jane did as she is told, swinging her legs up before aligning her body. “Now keep still.” Just like the previous time, molecules started to form above her, her heart rate is normal, organs are in perfect condition…

The rambling of the mortal didn’t go unnoticed, “What’s that?”

“Please stay still…I’m trying to find anything abnormal. Any traces that will stand out.” Much was not said after that, still Jane laid there in awe going on about what each part meant. Thor stood beside her, smiling.

“What is the meaning of this?”

Instantly, Talen pulled back to her reverie, stunned by the All Father she stepped back at his stare. “I was—checking her vitals.” Casting her gaze to the floor, she bit her lip at the disapproving gaze.

“You know any mortals are not allowed in Asgard and for you,” Odin glanced at Talen. “were supposed to return to Midgard unless you had a change of heart.”

“Apologies, Prince Thor needed my help with Jane.”

Without missing a beat, Odin commanded, “The mortal is to be returned to Midgard and Talen you will join her.”

Jane fuming from where she stood didn’t understand the magnitude of where Odin stood as she spat, “Hey! This mortal has a name! Who do you think you are?” Disgusted by his actions; Talen bit back a groan seeing the knowing look the All Father gave the human.

Thor took his time stepping in when he introduced his father to Jane, who in turn became flustered as she realized that she disrespected the king of Asgard. Fumbling with her words, she introduced herself only to be interrupted by Odin stating he knew who she is. Regardless, Odin gave the signal for the guards to remove her.

The prince disputed, warning them not to touch her. All caution became futile as the two guards were thrown back by a ray of red light. Talen’s breath hitched, feeling the pulse of power that flickered through the air during those moments.

Quickly it disappeared when she saw Jane unconscious. Reaching out to her, Thor pulled her arm back softly, “Don’t.” She glanced at him, turbulent blue eyes as Odin uttered the impossible.

“Come with me.” Turning to Talen, “All of you.” She took the notion as she slowly followed the All Father with Thor and Jane trickling behind. The grand corridors stretched as they came upon a place that she isn’t familiar with; shouldn’t be such a surprised since she stowed away in the stables for most of her youth.

Stealing a glance with the prince, she moved onward as Odin shared the story of the Dark Elves. Something triggered within her as she remembered being told of the stories just like Thor, her mother made sure that she knew the history and foul creatures that almost stole the light.

Malekith created the Aether out of the darkness, a strong relic that can change matter into dark matter which meant…Talen peered up at Jane. She will be consumed by darkness.

Talen frowned at the prospect of Jane going through what she went through. She highly doubted the Aether will forever change her into a blood thirsty monster, but if someone were to get their hands on it and extract it from Jane, she knew the outcome. One that has been to the other side and much as she pleaded to stay, she knew Jane would struggle into accepting the afterlife.

The sound of the book slamming shut made her jump, eyes wide in surprise when Thor expressed his doubt that the Dark Elves have all perished. Odin left the three to ponder as he gave a definite answer that there is no possible way of removing the Aether out of Jane.

Placing a tentative hand on the mortal, Talen promised, “I will do some research, see what I come up with. Maybe there is some way.”

Jane grasped her hand with a thankful smile, “Thank you.” She nodded starting to feel like she is misplaced whenever Jane and Thor are together. Another look at the prince, a twinge of guilt resided within her. It was not long ago that they almost shared a kiss and now staring at Jane’s face filled with gratitude and showing her kindness despite her almost killing her became unbearable.

“I’ll get started right away.” Before Jane could stop her, she quickly found her escape route and found her safe haven buried in books.

Not aware of how much time has gone by, several books littered the floor opened to certain pages as she furiously tried to find anything to help out Jane. Time is not on her side and the unknown limitation of when the Aether may consume her had her anxious.

Palms sweaty, she stood up, sliding the ladder to another section of the library. Easily climbing up the steps, her eyes darted across the spines to find the right one. One caught her eye, a little farther out of reach, she stretched her body across her fingers barely grazing it as someone’s voice startled her.

“Have you found anything yet?”

Letting out a scream, her hands loosened their grip and she fell. A loud gasp left her as the strong arms of her savior brought her closer to him. Shifting in his arms, she came face to face with Thor. His arms wound tightly around her lower back leaving her a head taller than the thunder god, her hands were placed on his shoulders as she looked down at him.

Her heart started to beat furiously, she mumbled, “No. I h-haven’t found anything.” She couldn’t bear looking at him longer than a few seconds.

Then a softness in Thor’s voice that made her skin crawl in the most pleasurable of ways, “Why won’t you look at me?” She gazed down at his shoulder noticing the soft material clinging to his muscles perfectly. “Talen.”

Her pink lips started to quiver, her eyes started to gloss over. “What about Jane?” He froze, yet he kept her in place, her legs dangled freely. Pursing her lips to stop from crying, she exhaled deeply, blinking away the tears. “That night when we almost kissed-”

“Talen-”

“Please let me finish…what we almost did would have been an act of betrayal. Can’t you see? You are with Jane. Your heart belongs to her not me and for you to be like…this.” She gripped his shoulders for emphasis. “Having your arms wrapped around me like we are lovers when we are not.”

He placed her feet on the ground he refused to let her go. Keeping one arm in place, he lifted her chin for eye contact. The prince desperately wanted to see those grey eyes that showed every emotion and he discovered guilt, shame, but underneath it all love. Thor can see it as clear as the sun.

“I cannot lie and say I haven’t been conflicted with feelings that pertain to you and Jane. Over the course of centuries of knowing each other and reuniting, my sense to protect you has transformed into something stronger. I have gotten to know the goddess of horses and healing, the girl that would train with her mother relentlessly who showed her no compassion yet you show her so much love. You have given so much and expect nothing in return. Despite the backlash of what you have done in the past, you truly do have a gentle heart—one that I have feelings for.”

Talen is truly breathless, all air escaped her as she stared into the eyes of the god that has held her heart for so many years. So many years of being overlooked, stepped on and cast aside has come to this moment.

“My-” Nothing came to her as she felt warmth spread across her body, a fire has ignited within her as she stood there frozen uncertain of what is happening. Her eyes widened at the close proximity he is in and the passionate movement of his lips on hers made her heart skip a beat.

His large hand cupped the side of her face, intertwining parts of her hair to bring her closer to him. The soft flesh of her backside is gently stroked by his thumb as it glided towards her upper back. He had to know what his feelings meant, ignoring the protests that this is wrong that he is devoted to Jane, it didn’t stop him.

Not once has he told Jane that he loved her, yes he became close a few times, but never uttered those words. Jane always looked hopeful when he did only to be disappointed when interrupted or averted. This fire that he had with Talen he did not have with Jane, there were fireworks with the mortal, a passionate frenzy with having someone finally claim his heart.

But deep inside, the small love that he has for Talen has grown exponentially since he has seen her at her home. Her small quirks, gentle smile and strong will for her friends only made it troubling for him to make a decision.

Talen shyly kissed back, her soft supple lips slowly moved with his as her nails clawed at his tunic. His lips left hers to have time to breathe, a large gasp left her once he settled on her neck. Soft kisses trailing down her milky skin, a small shiver crawled down her spine. When he is rewarded with a tiny moan, he smirked gathered her legs to wrap around his waist.

Pressing her back against the shelves, he left his hands wander kissing her bruised lips again. Thor consumed in having her, to sum up the courage to reveal his feelings for her made his heart burst with joy that she did not reject his feelings.

The shy goddess is left speechless not completely aware of what is happening. A throaty moan left him is when she saw it. Letting her legs fall from his waist, they smacked into the shelves with a deafening sound. Thor noticed, pulling back to see her features filled with regret. Crestfallen at what he knew she is going to say, he set her down.

Before she could say anything, he interrupted, “Pardon my rudeness; I never meant to express myself in such a way. I’m sorry.”

Face still flushed in the deepest red, she watched as he left the room. Words left unspoken and disheartened by what he said. Sliding down to the floor, she pulled at her pink curls absolutely confused by what she should do concerning the prince, but for now she had to focus on Jane.

The one person she just betrayed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Talen. One problem after another. They finally kissed under circumstances...tell me what you think! Will Jane find out? Who will tell her? Will she forgive Thor and/or Talen if she did? Predictions?

The wall of sheer awesomeness that make my day

Dezi Demize

Jayme112234

lovelessbird

MamaZ