Gentle Heart

As We Part

“Have a safe trip back home.” Talen wished them farewell as she stood in front of Thor and Jane who were about ready to leave the ranch. She wasn’t about ready to have them leave after a span of a day, but she knew that Jane had other duties to attend to and staying over was never the plan. As for Thor, he went wherever Jane went and it was wishful thinking that Thor would stay behind just for her.

“Thank you for the unforgettable experience. I’ll be sure to go to you if I have any serious injuries.” Jane laughed.

Talen smiled lightly as she shook Jane’s hand, Jane watched Talen fidget as she stared at Thor, not knowing what to do. The golden god didn’t hesitate to wrap her up in his arms again, “It was great seeing you again.” Talen agreed quietly as her thoughts started to race. Everything I have ever dreamed of has come to an end.

That part of her that wished for it to be a dream came crashing down on her when she woke up with the boasting laugh of Thor as he crashed through her bedroom with a greeting. The pink haired goddess was surprised as she quickly tucked the blankets over her fragile form. A deep blush tainted her features as she softly greeted Thor. It came as a surprise to her that Thor would barge in without knocking, but when has she ever seen Thor knock before walking in anywhere?

As much as she loved him, the god walked like he owned everything in sight where she took the polite approach, making sure she was even allowed in most areas.

“Come with us. It would be a great honor if you joined us.” Thor held her within arm’s reach, both hands planted firmly on her shoulders with the same goofy smile that he had since yesterday. Talen’s cheeks grew warm as her eyes were cast down with uncertainty.

“It wouldn’t be a wise decision on my part. This is my home and all my friends are here.” As difficult as it was for her to say, she needed to speak the truth. Talen loved her horses more than anything and to just abandon them for the prince…that was irrational on her part. She couldn’t give up her life here for the small encounters she would have with the prince and since Thor was only here to see Jane, he was bound to ignore her during his stay on Earth.

Thor gazed into Talen’s eyes, pursing his lips, he stated, “I see that you already have made your decision. Very well then, I shall respect your wishes.”

Talen fiddled with the hem of her plain white shirt before she bowed her head, “Have a safe journey home, my prince.”

“Do not worry. I shall return before I leave Midgard. Until we meet again.” He placed a friendly hand on her shoulder before turning around and walking towards the truck that Jane drove in. Talen respected Jane more when she noticed that the human sat in the car to give them a little bit of privacy, bowing her head towards Jane, the woman waved before starting the truck and peeling out of the ranch.

Dust scattered in the air as they drove farther away from the ranch, Talen stood in the same spot until they disappear. I really wish you would stay just for me.

It was all wishful thinking on her part, sighing, she stuffed her hands into her pockets as she walked towards her stables for the tranquility that she craved for. After parting with a long time crush, she needed something to clear her mind from the rubbish that was building inside of her. All of those memories that she suppressed were bubbling up to the surface.

Talen quietly watched Thor who was playing with his friends. Her legs were pulled up to her chest as her pink hair wildly flowed down her back and covered part of her face. Grey eyes stared in awe as Thor thunderously bashed most of his opponents with ease, his body was starting to get bulkier as the days went by.

With days of strenuous training, his tall skinny form was building muscle, more muscle than she has seen on a teenager. Thor’s body was built to easily gain muscle in all the right places, Talen watched Thor wipe his brow from his naturally tanned face.

Suddenly, a flock of girls came around the training grounds and threw themselves around Thor. Talen shook her head at how desperate they were seeing them batting their eyelashes and fixing their dresses to appeal the eyes of the oldest prince. She grew jealous seeing that they indeed caught the attention of the boasting prince as he wrapped his arms around a few of the girls that closest to him.

Talen wished she had their confidence, instead, she was meek, small and withdrawn. All of the girls were tall, beautiful, tanned, and the figure to go along with it. For the bashful teen girl, her skin was sickly pale, almost alabaster colored, her body had no natural curves, her face still held baby fat making her cheeks slightly rounded and she was the shortest out of everyone. Anyone can easily tower over the small teen. All in all, Talen was a little below average.

Being awkward and shy was also added to the list as to why Thor never spared her a second glance. His eyes were always focused on the voluptuous women that flung themselves at him. Gnawing on her bottom rosy lip, her grey eyes caught the gaze of Thor as he gave her a second glance.

To her, it felt like forever as she stared into his beautiful ocean blue eyes where she can spend most of her days looking into. When he detached his gaze from hers, he gazed down at the women surrounding him as they walked away with his powerful voice boasting about himself. Talen felt deflated as her arms squeezed tighter around her legs for comfort, wondering if the prince even remembered who she was.


Talen pressed the carrot upon Daisy’s nose as she nibbled happily on the vegetable, “Is it wrong of me to wish that Thor would stay for my selfish reasons? He’s bringing back so many memories, I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing.” she muttered as Daisy snorted.

Pursing her lips, she felt Daisy frustrated for being restrained in the stable for so long, a giggle past her lips, “Patience, Daisy. I need to wash you down before we do anything.” Feeling the distain from the mare, Talen released the horse from the stall as she led her outside to hose her down. Squeezing a bottle of shampoo onto the Daisy’s fur, she scrubbed her coat, thoroughly washing her.

As the goddess was hosing down the mare, Daisy’s ears twitched as she raised her head towards one direction. Talen lifted her head in curiosity, “What is it, girl?”

“Miss Calloway, some men are here to see you.” Ralph stated as he walked towards Talen with Xanthos, once he reached her in arm’s length, he muttered, “They say it’s urgent.”

Talen nodded in understanding as she handed off Daisy towards Ralph before walking around the stables and towards her house where she saw an SUV neatly parked a few feet away from her front porch. Two men in smart suits standing in front of the vehicle with their hands clasped in front of them before another one appeared on the left side of them.

“Miss Calloway?”

The goddess answered, “Yes?...Is there anything I can help you with?”

“I’m Agent Smart and you are under arrest.” Talen froze in fear as she glanced at the other two agents that were stepping towards her. The goddess stepped back cautiously making the two agents be careful with their own steps.

Staring at Agent Smart, she replied as calmly as possible, “On what grounds?” the vacant stare that the agents were giving her was not soothing in the least. She didn’t know who they were working for or how they knew her name, but from their tentative steps towards her they knew something about Talen.

Firmly standing her ground, Agent Smart looked bored as he answered, “On the grounds that if you do not willingly come with us then we will have to use force.”

Talen heard her heart beating in her chest as the two agents that were inching towards her like a wild animal finally were centimeters away from her, pulling both of her hands behind her back before placing them in handcuffs. One of them pushed her forward in order for her to start moving, “Wait, what about-” just when she turned towards her stable where her workers were at, Talen’s vision was consumed in complete darkness seconds later.

Her body fell limp while one of the agents carried her body towards the SUV, Agent Smart raised a brow watching one of the largest men he knew carry the small goddess with slight difficulty. “She’s heavier than she looks.” The agent exasperated. Smart rolled his eyes as he muttered something under his breath for being stuck with such a simpleton, he doubted that she was even heavier than eighty pounds.

“Put her in the backseat before she comes to, we don’t know what she’s capable of.”

Talen slowly felt herself coming to feeling her head lolled back with a bright light shining in her eyes, wincing at the severity of the light, she turned away. Right when her body twisted, she felt some sort of restraint. Blinking slowly, grey eyes scoured the painfully white room to find herself sitting on a chair with her hands cuffed to the chair. She struggled to get released, but every ounce of strength that she had couldn’t manage to break the bonds they put her in.

The goddess tried not to panic as the throbbing pain on her head came at her in waves, when did she hurt her head?

The strange men…I wonder where they are?

She knew panicking shouldn’t be an option in a predicament like this, she was bound to a chair in a completely isolated room from what she gathered. An unfamiliar sound made her look around her before she landed on an object, tilting her head to the side in curiosity, Is that a…camera? What is this place? She continued to look around to see if there was any indication of a door or some kind of opening that she can direct her attention to.

Okay, there is no reason to panic. Whoever did this will reveal themselves in due time…just need to be patient.

In a matter of moments, something creaked behind her, quickly she looked back to see an intimidating man with a long black trench coat and eye patch close the door behind him. Talen didn’t know who he was, but her mind kept reeling of all the possibilities of who he might be. An assassin? Mercenary? Interrogator? The leader who told those men to kidnap her?

Hearing his boots echo in the small room, fear crept into her body again as he stopped in front of her with his arms behind his back, “Pleasure of finally meeting you, Talen Calloway.” He said smoothly. Talen bit her lip as her eyes landed on his strong stature, “I hope you make this easy on yourself and answer every question truthfully or you will pay severe consequences.”

Her eyes widened at the man before her, still quiet as a mouse, he gave her a look, “Do I make myself clear?”

Her throat became dry when she opened her mouth to speak, stuttering, she finally answered, “Y-Y-Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Never knew the Olympics were so distracting haha they come on later in evening in my country so when I come home, I watch that instead of updating this...sorry hehe.

Anywho...thank you for all my readers, you guys are the best! So glad that this story is slowly getting recognition! *bows* muchas gracias.

People who are beyond awesome,

JustThinking (I welcome your stalker story page habits with open arms XD Thank you so much and that is much thanks to cap'n crash who I had a few days of conversation with developing or improving my storyline with her sheer awesomeness. Things will start to pick up soon, no worries there.)

cap'n crash (Thank you so much, the more I write the easier it gets writing about them conversing lol it just comes to me since Talen is the complete opposite of Thor. I'm glad that you caught those things, I wanted them to make them subtle hoping the readers would notice about her being so comfortable in confiding to Thor and to ease her mind she rides. I added more inner thoughts from Talen and what we were talking about yesterday will come up the very next chapter.)

punkrockerballerina (Talen is meek, but she will have some stronger qualities about her that will show in the near future. )