Gentle Heart

Protect

Talen patiently lay on the bed as she was strapped down with bindings; she made no effort to release herself. She watched as the agents that were standing guard in her room were suddenly on alert. A loud crash was heard before the booming voice of the thunder god came roaring in.

Within seconds, Thor burst through the door with worry etched on his face. “Talen! Are you alright?”

The agents did not stop him from reaching her as she softly smiled, “You worry too much, my prince. I’m fine.” His deep blue eyes darted across her form to see if there were any injuries sustained on her body.

Then he turned around where Fury was standing with his hands behind his back, Thor growled lowly, “Release my friend. She has done no harm.”

“Quite the contrary, Thor. On the mission that I sent Talen on with Romanoff and Barton, I was received notice that the item that we needed to claim is now imbedded into her chest. Mind elaborating that to us?” Fury raised a brow at the god and goddess.

Thor looked puzzled, spinning on his heel. “Talen, what is he talking-” he paused when something shiny hit his eyes. Glancing down below her neck and right in the middle of her chest was the pendant they wanted to obtain. The pink haired goddess’ cheeks burned with embarrassment as she felt the gaze of the prince linger on her bosom.

Then his eyes bore into hers, “Please tell me that this is all a trick. Do not tell me that you did this to yourself.”

Talen nibbled on the inside of her lip as her grey eyes cast down in shame. “I cannot lie and say I didn’t.” She saw the anger seep through his being as she claimed, “If I did not do it then the Zarroc would have definitely had it in their grasp.”

“But it is not yours to claim, Talen! You just put yourself into mortal danger!”

Talen turned her head to avoid the tears that were threatening to spill, she shouldn’t cry for what was true. “Tell me what the hell is going on here!” The shy goddess refused to speak as she focused more on not having tears roll down her cheeks.

Thor started to explain, “The necklace that you wanted belongs to a dear friend of mine, Freyja. It is called Brisingamen; it withholds power, death, and fire with whoever has it in their grasp. The Brisingamen is very powerful on its own, but with the Tesseract that person will be unstoppable. The necklace can summon the Tesseract at all and if the necklace is ever removed from the person it is imbedded in…” Thor glanced down at his dear friend, “It can lead to death.”

“Now that you understand the situation, I demand to have Talen released from her bindings.”

Talen lay still as she heard the footsteps of someone coming close to her before the vice grip around her ankles and wrists were released. Blood started to circulate around the vital parts of her body, rubbing her aching wrists; she sat up with the help of Thor.

Peering up at the prince shyly, she lowered her gaze. Scooting off the bed, the large arm encircled around her waist for support and her tiny hands gripped on his armor. Taking those small steps towards Fury, she avoided his gaze until his voice reached her ears. “I guess you will need this.”

Something silver hit the corner of her eye, tilting her head up, she saw Anvindr being held out to her. Grey eyes met a dark brown one as he spoke, “You are going to need as much protection as you can get.”

Talen nodded as her fingers wrapped around her weapon, happiness spread through her body as she clasped it around her thigh before standing up again muttering, “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me. We’re not out of the woods yet.”

She understood that this was just the beginning as a small burning sensation circled around her breasts when she touched Anvindr for the first time in what she believed is months. Exiting the room, Talen could still feel the wandering gaze of everyone around; still cautious of what she is capable of.

There was no telling if they trusted her.

Their faces said it all. Talen and Thor reached his headquarters and had her sit on his bed despite her refusal to sit on a royal’s bed. When Thor scoffed at the small excuse of the bed that was appointed to him, he sat her down with ease when she tried to push back.

Now in Thor’s room, she felt a little odd being alone with him in such an intimate setting. She gulped a huge lump in her throat before she asked, “Where’s Jane?”

“She’s roaming the halls.” Talen nodded, swinging her legs in sheer awkwardness. The goddess didn’t know what to do; she lightly traced the design of the pendant that was in her chest while Thor stared at her. “Why did you do it?”

Talen lifted her head up in question, “Why? I did it for the safety of everyone, your highness. If I didn’t, I don’t know what would have happened.” She hated the idea of having Freyja’s necklace within her, but it was a spur of the moment thing and a sacrifice she was willing to make.

“We have to keep an extra eye on you. You cannot wander the halls or anywhere without a companion. Preferably me.” Her cheeks stained red as she messed with the curls that flowed down the right side of her face.

“I wouldn’t want to burden you. I should be the one protecting you.” As odd as that sounded, it was true. Thor was the rightful heir to the throne and if anything were to ever happen to him, she would never forgive herself. It was her duty as an Asgardian to make sure that he was in one peace.

Thor grinned with that little twinkle in his eye, “My dear friend, it is I that needs to protect you.” He stood up and accompanied Talen on the bed, a squeaked left her lips when his weight on the bed made her fall into his chest and he curled his arms around her. “I will never leave your side; you will be safe as long as you are with me.”

My heart shouldn’t be beating this fast. Stop beating so fast! she pleaded to her thumping heart.

If it was possible, she turned even redder as her small body was enveloped in the warmth of the prince that was holding her. Talen didn’t know what to do in a situation like this. Not once has she ever been courted by the opposite sex or them showing interest in her. Talen was meek and withdrawn making her undesirable to other suitors.

Now that Thor was giving her the male attention that she wanted, she had no idea what to do next. Talen was aware that he was with Jane and could not pursue her feelings that were swirling around her stomach like butterflies.

It was depressing to say the least that she couldn’t show them, but even if she tried and he wasn’t with anyone, she didn’t have the courage to do so. Separating herself from Thor, she put her hands on her lap as if she did something wrong and her eyes focused on her hands. When the prince asked if there was something bothering her, she chuckled nervously.

“I’m f-f-fine.”

As soon as Talen stood up on her feet, a cold shiver ran down her spine. What an odd sensation to be feeling. Standing there confused, there were a few times she had the same feeling, but that couldn’t be it. That person was usually around her when it happened and it was impossible for them to be here.

Would it?

Her grey eyes scoured the small room before she suggested in a quiet voice that they should go find Jane. Thor agreed and he was hot on her heels the minute she took a step out of the door.

She was imagining things.

Loki could not possibly be on Earth again after being dragged back home by Thor. Talen continued to convince herself that the shiver was just a figment of her imagination.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's slow, but progressing. Things are going to be speeding up. Thank you for your comments, recs, and subs. Much appreciated!