Gentle Heart

Out of Harm's Way

Talen winced in discomfort, her dainty hands rubbed the pendant that was imbedded into her skin. The jewel itself was sending warmth throughout her whole body, practically jumping to attack. The goddess does not want to become a savage while sparring with the prince. Even if she did have to use most of her speed with Thor, she still refused to release her weapon from the rod.

“Why do you still hold back, Talen? I know your true power, unleash it.” Thor’s cocky smirk made her worried.

The young goddess bit the inside of her lip; she didn’t want to unleash something she couldn’t…control yet. It was rather powerful at the powerful jabs she would get from the pendant itself when her guard wavered. Talen didn’t realize how catastrophic it would be if she let go for a second.

So to keep the prince amused she raised her clenched fists up to her face as she took her stance. She watched the golden prince raised a brow at her motion before a booming chuckle erupted from his lips. “I hope you do not believe that you can withstand me with physical strength. It will be a futile attempt milady.”

Talen shrugged for the first time as if it didn’t bother her, “We shall see, yeah?” Twisting her head to the side quickly to let the strands of pink fly out of her line of vision, she tried to block the facial expressions that were peeping to come out. She was a little bit more than nervous as her palms started to get a bit sweaty; there was no doubt that Thor can easily beat her in the physical department.

Even though she had the agility to dodge his attacks, her body and frame was built like a human. One of the traits that she disliked about herself was that she didn’t have the body or features of a goddess; she was more plain and ungodly to put it simply.

Her grey eyes expertly followed the large god waiting for his expected charge towards her. Within seconds he did just that and with her feet still planted on the ground, she fought the urge to run. Her feet wiggled with anxiety while her brain was screaming for her to move.

No. She told herself. Not this time. She was going to stare at him straight in the face and see if she can truly be brave.

Watching Thor inch closer to her, she noticed his feet weren’t pounding that harshly onto the ground the closer he got to her. She expected him to be curious as to why she wasn’t moving and when she saw the look of surprise on his face, the booming laugh came from his lips with his blue eyes twinkling.

“I was starting to doubt that you would move. You surprised me with your talents, my dear friend.”

Talen only smiled as her feet twisted around to face him to see that she was now twenty feet away from him. “I surprise myself, your grace.”

When her grey eyes clashed with his unrealistic blue ones, she easily got lost in them. The depths of his deep blue eyes were entrancing. Talen tried to remind herself to unhook herself from the prince that was out of her reach. There was no sense to pursuing him. Her heart still bled when she saw how affectionate Thor can be with Jane and she somehow wished it was her.

She hated the jealousy that raged within her and pushed away the bitter thoughts that tried to consume her mind. Talen had other things to worry about. Like Prince Loki for example, she had no idea where he was and she knew he was going to make himself known any day now.

The uneasy feeling that she got when she was in his presence started to resurface in random moments that quickly attacked her heart before disappearing. It was an odd sensation as if someone was poking her vital organ with a sharp object.

Once again observing the movements of the large god, her grey eyes flickered towards the entrance to see one of the agents, Ms. Hill she recalled standing there with her arms crossed. “Thor, your presence is needed in the conference room.” Talen glanced back at the prince with a small frown on her face and saw that he too had one adorned on his perfect face as well.

“I’m in the middle of something.” Thor turned his attention back to Talen with a cocky grin. “Where did we leave off?”

The pink haired goddess could feel the burning gaze of Agent Hill; she dropped her stance and suggested that he should accompany Agent Hill to the conference room since she heard the urgency in her voice. Thor grumbled when Talen pleaded with her eyes to have him listen this one time. The gut feeling that she was having made her notice it was important.

Agent Hill stepped aside when Thor left the large facility; her blue eyes wandered over to the goddess with a stern voice, “Agent Smart will escort you to your headquarters.”

Talen almost sighed at the distrust S.H.I.E.L.D. had with her. She had proved to be trustworthy even after the mission almost fell through and now that the pendant was in safe hands she thought she would gain more trust. Now she knew that with her being the current owner of Brisingamen, they were more cautious around her and made sure she didn’t step out of her boundaries. When another agent stepped in, she recognized him as one of the men that was sent to capture her at her ranch.

Never taking her gaze off of him, Talen walked beside the agent in silence. She couldn’t trust someone like him, his shoulders were tense and the grip he had on his gun was unsettling. When they finally reached her headquarters, she walked in without a sound and sat on her bed to hear the clicking sound of the door being locked from the outside.

Back to square one…

The grey eyed goddess sighed through her nostrils as she flipped over on her bed to lie on her back, Anvindr quietly strapped to her thigh vibrating waves throughout her body. The vibrations were soft, but the emotion behind it was anger and fear. Talen furrowed her brows as she curled her fingers around her weapon and whispered gently, “What is it?”

Anvindr kept pulsing faster and harder. She never felt anything like this before and it worried her. Before she could get a definite answer from Anvindr, the door slid open to reveal Agent Smart once again.

Her vision was now focused on him and in a hush tone she asked what he wanted. The stern man stood a safe distance away from her, it was clear that he wasn’t comfortable around her after seeing what she was capable of. Squaring his shoulders, he cleared his throat, “I’m here to take your weapon for the day.”

Now usually Anvindr would leave without a problem, but this time around the weapon clearly disagreed. When Talen voiced Anvindr’s opinion, Agent Smart snorted, “I don’t care if your weapon can talk. You are required to give me the weapon.” His hand stretched out expectedly.

Talen glanced at the rough hand that commanded respect and authority; she shook her head in defiance. “I don’t think that would be wise. Anvindr will harm you if I give him to you. Something is not right.” She whispered the last part to herself. Agent Smart growled; he stomped forward as he yanked the rod away from her thigh.

The goddess gasped in worry when a large green glow sent the agent across the small room with a daze look upon his face. “Agent Smart?” She called out. His eyes were wide open with no clear indication that he was conscious. Talen scrambled to his side, lifting his chin to see his eyes.

She pursed her lips before she tried to lay her hands over his eyes, but he suddenly woke up and slapped her hands away. “What the hell did you do to me?” He growled.

“I didn’t do anything.” Talen raised her hands up when Agent Smart cocked his gun; she noticed his eyes danced around the room as he demanded again what she did. “I can explain everything if you calm down.”

“You fucking blinded me, you bitch! Undo what you just did! Now!” Talen was a bit frustrated, that was what she was planning on doing before he woke up, but nothing ever ended up as planned. Part of Anvindr’s power was to steal the sense of sight if he was ever touched without his permission. There was a few times where her brother was blinded by her weapon when he grabbed the rod without consent.

When Thor stormed into the room Talen finally got Agent Smart to calm down enough to help him regain his sight. Thor looked displeased as he demanded privacy the human man didn’t question him and left without a word.

“What’s wrong?” Talen inquired after she settled Anvindr back onto her thigh. The worried look etched on her face as she saw that Thor didn’t look amused. He looked completely frustrated, a large vein prominent in his sun kissed neck with his jaw tightening with each second.

Letting out a large blow from his nostrils, he fumed, “There seems to be a disturbance in Midgard the last couple of days. A sighting actually…was Loki.”

The knots in her stomach twisted in unimaginable ways, her bottom lip quivered in fright. Her large grey eyes innocently peered up at Thor for guidance. “What are we going to do?” She shouldn’t have been as shocked as she was with the feelings that were surging through her lately, but she dismissed them. Now that Thor has confirmed that the dark prince was here, she felt nauseous.

You are going to stay here with Jane. As long as you are here, both of you shall remain safe.”

“Have you discussed this with Jane?”

Thor scoffed, “There is nothing to discuss. Both of you shall remain here while I pursue Loki with the Avengers.”

Talen wasn’t fond of the idea, but she kept a tight lip. She wanted to help him in some kind of way other than staying here with Jane. It was in her nature to look after humans after being here for so long, but she wanted to help and with Brisingamen acting up on her, she knew that the pendant itself will be fighting to be close to the Tesseract again.

Her troubles were washed away when she felt a warm hand on the side of her neck; it brought her out of her thoughts and into the blue eyes that she adored so much. “Talen, by staying here you are doing your part. I wouldn’t leave Jane in better hands than you. I trust you.”

Her heart skipped a beat as she saw that he actually meant it. It did flatter her that he would actually consider her those capable hands of protecting Jane and also a subtle reminder to her that he trusted her more than S.H.I.E.L.D. itself. A small reassuring smile graced her lips as she murmured, “She will never leave my sight, my prince.”

“Thank you.” He smiled at her once more before the warmth that enveloped her neck was now fading. Talen watched the golden prince walk out of her room and it was then that she realized that her entire face was warm along with her neck.

Placing a hand on her cheek, she mumbled, “How embarrassing.” She shook her pink curls out of her face as she went to go search for Jane to make sure that she was alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are slowly starting to kick off. I have a few plans in store for the story :D Thank you all for being so supportive and loving.