Status: slow updates due to school, still active

Stand And Be Strong

Eight

Tracey. She was standing directly in front of me now, that same old smile on her face. “Um.. Hi” I stammered out. I hadn’t seen her in months. What was she doing here? She and I had dated for a while. She was my last girlfriend. I loved her but she wasn't into it. She couldn't handle being a one-guy-woman.

“Can we talk?” she asked. She raised her eyebrows in that innocent look that always led to her getting what she wanted. I nodded and she led the way upstairs to my room. She dropped her bag on the floor. “I want us to be friends.” She stated.

“What do you want?” I crossed my arms. She wouldn’t just show up here after so long because she wanted a friend. There had to be something else.

“Why do you always think I have an ulterior motive?” she asked, rolling her eyes.

“Because you always have one”. I tightened my jaw. Being near her made me uneasy and the fact that she could be so casual and relaxed around me wasn’t helping. I was still angry at her for what she did to me and how quickly she recovered. She didn’t even care.

She shook her head but after a long minute of silence, she spoke up. "Actually, I just got evicted. I need somewhere to stay for a little while, so I've been asking around. I really do want us to be friends again though" she said with a smile.

"No." I answered quickly. There's no way I could have her here all the time. I was still angry with her now, but once that faded, who knows where we'd stand? I'd moved on. Well, mostly. I had my sights set on Riley and hers were on me. I didn't want to end that. I didn't want my previous feelings for Tracy to stop me from what I wanted with Riley. She couldn't stay here.

"Listen Dan, I made a mistake. I'm so sorry for what I put you through but you have to admit, we made a good team together. I really need your help right now…" I cringed at the memory but I was unable to completely shut her down again. "I won't get in the way, I promise." she smiled. I sighed. I was quiet, thinking about it, for a long time. As mad as I was, I couldn't throw her out on the street.

"You have one week. On the couch. Then you leave" I said sternly before leaving the room in a rush.

-------------------

"Come on, babe. We can go back to my house. My parents are out" she said, biting her lip. I grinned and let her out of my grasp to get in the car.

I got in the driver's seat and took the short drive to her house. The second the door was shut, her lips were on mine again. I lifted her up and her legs wrapped around my waist so I could bring us upstairs to her bedroom. I laid her down on the bed and her fingers tangled in my hair. She flipped us over and straddled my waist, working her hips into mine, until the doorbell rang.

"I have to get that" she breathed. I placed a final kiss on her lips and waited for her to return. I wasn't waiting long. There was yelling coming from the floor below and I figured I should go check it out. It was a man's voice. I redid my belt buckle and made my way down the stairs.

"Kevin, calm down!" she yelled at the guy getting in her face. He defiantly had some muscles but he was shorter than the both of us.

"What’s going on here?" I stepped between the two of them. This guy sure was mad about something.

"is this him, Tracy? Is this the guy you're cheating me with?"


---------------

"What the bloody hell did I just get myself into?" I groaned, rubbing my face with my hands.

"It’ll be fine, mate. She'll be gone in a week." Chris said. The guys were all trying to make me feel better, but they all knew better.

“do you still have feelings for her?” Mat asked me.

“I don’t know”. I honestly didn’t. I had moved on from her in the few months I hadn’t seen her, but now that she was back, maybe something I had hidden would pop back up.

“what about Riley?” he asked. I couldn’t help the smile appearing on my face. Yeah, I definitely had feelings for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tracy
Again, i do not know this person or own the picture, i found it on weheartit.
Thanks to alexrusconi, alextmarshall, and saveredheads for the comments! you guys are awesome (:

Halloween costumes :
Casey
Max
Riley
Dan
Josh
Matt
Chris

Let me know what you think! (: