Status: in progress

Give Me a Sign, I Want to Believe

No Cinderella

She knew it wouldn't last , that game was the last bit of her sanity out the window. He had been avoiding her for a week straight, and she was done with it. While everyone slept she crept outside passing Zach who was up having a smoke, " tori what are you doing up?" she sighs sitting herself on the ground beside him " why is he so... So stupid!" she huffs pulling her knees to her chest. "brendon?" she nods glaring at the dirt, the large man wraps an arm around her shoulders. " maybe he just doesn't want to admit he likes you," she laughs curtly " well he could stop being so fucking contradictory!" he gives the small girl a squeeze noting how much smaller and thinner she's getting.

"have you eaten at all?" she shrugs knowing she hasn't really, " why don't we go for a burger there's a micky d's down the block.." she smiles " sure.." she got up deciding that humoring him was a good idea, they walk in silence and she knows he's watching her;waiting for her to slip up . But she wouldn't she couldn't just cut herself open sew herself up an tell him her story, they line up and it's then she remembers her wallets in Kai's backpack so she wouldn't loose it....

" my wallets back.." he lifts his hand "my treat." she laughs as they order slipping outside to sit on the patio,he lets his eyes stay on her as she picks at her food; something was up and he wished it would be as easy to help as throwing some buff dude out of the concert. By the time they head back the sun is nearly up " you up for a bet?" she questions before quickly slipping her wallet out of Kai's bag. "depends.." she shoves the wallet into her sweater pocket " I bet I can get to the venue before any one in this caravan..." 

"I don't know I'd you should.." she rolls her eyes " ten bucks and a pack of beer if you win," he pauses "what about if you win?" she looks to the ground "you'll find me a way home... I can't live with him acting like He's fucking god, like I'm a nobody and I'm even more worthless than trash..." her voice drops off as she waits for his reply. He finally gives in" fine but instead of going home how about I make it so this entire trip you won't have to see or speak to him?"

she bites her lip knowing he just wants the best , she nods jogging up the road she juts out her thumb and within six minutes she's climbing into a large sixteen wheeler." where you headed doll?" the guy asks as she closes the door " las vegas, Luxor hotel..." there's no small talk she just leans her head against the cool glass window,when they get to the hotel she thanks him.

Climbing out she watches the truck drive off before scanning the area for the rest of the group, not seeing them she sighs deciding that waiting in the lobby would be a good idea....

Elsewhere...

Kai yawns rolling over to find the spot beside her empty, she sits up and slowly scans the car;the younger girl nowhere in sight. She wakes Kate and asks if she's seen her but she just shakes her head, poking her head out of the van she spots panic chatting and stretching. Ian spots her and jogs over pulling her into a tight embrace, " have you seen tori?" she questions allowing him to pull her completely out of the vehicle. "umm no wasn't she sleeping in the van?" he asks as they finally let go, "no..."

figuring something's wrong Kai hurries toward the rest of panic "have any of you seen tori?" they all shake their heads , brendon's heart speeds up a little; he not down hard o. His bottom lip what was up with tori, she never disappeared like this. " she's meeting us at the Luxor," Zach speaks up sipping at his coffee. "what?!?!?" Kai shrieks slightly surprised "don't worry she messages me ten minutes ago, she's waiting so I suggest we get a move on." Without another word they all get in their vehicles and start off towards Vegas.....

Vegas...

She watches the tourists pass excited and way over dressed for the city that never sleeps, tori gets up and eventually finds her way to the bar. She takes a seat and waits for the bartender "what can I get you?" he asks green eyes like emeralds focused on her " a vodka and sprite?" he smiles and she watches him get her drink," thanks..." he nods "you here alone?"

she thought a moment " right now, my friends will be catching up later.." he nods "well they should hurry before you get swept away by some dark mysterious man for the night," she laughs "if only..." but her prince charming wouldn't be around , she wasn't Cinderella and there was no glass slipper going to fit her "hers to you mr.disney... And your in reachable dreams..." with that she slowly downs her drink...
♠ ♠ ♠
Xoxo