Status: hiatus

Harrowed.

harrowed
verb
To inflict great distress or torment on.
See haunted.

In the end, I was just like every other 'being' in this accursed house.

The only difference was my heart beat like a bird wishing to escape it's cage.

But truly, I am the sick little bird wanting to escape her elaborate cage where screams are her only friends and she sings of the day she escapes it all.

Yet she knows she never will.

That she will never be free no matter how far she runs.

That in her soul, deep down far away, she doesn't want to leave. That this is her home, that this is where she belongs.

For even when my heart realizes the truth and that I am already dead. When it finally stops fluttering, I will be forever in this place until nothing exists anymore.

Image

recommended in mibba magazine's gothic fiction

soundtrack

the girl called charlotte anne

Inspired by the the Fatal Frame games (specifically Fatal Frame III), the Silent Hill games (specifically Silent Hill: The Room), Calling, the Evil Within, Rose Red, the Haunting and other various ghost books, films and such.
An extended rewrite of 'The Rising Sun/Moonlight Sonata.'

©Marya Morevna aka Elsie. All content belongs to me and me alone. Steal and I'll sic the ghosts on you ;)
  1. SICK
    that damned four letter word