Status: Working on it for a while and is ready for take off!

Best of Which World...

First Impressions Part One

After our cry fest, which Devon denied even happened; he reminded me that a certain someone was waiting for me outside. I told Devon everything, including why I wasn’t with Landon as a mate should be and why I wasn’t sure I wanted to be with him. Then Devon reminded about what I said earlier about being indifferent about finding my mate.
The more I thought about it, I did want this. I wanted to be with Landon. I know some mates don’t even get this chance and I have it and I’m pushing it away. Man!
“What a bitch!” I said suddenly catching Devon’s attention.
“Who?” He asked.
“Me! Why the hell was I even thinking about rejecting the sexy wolf that spent the majority of his life looking for me? All he’s wanted since maturity was me and here I am thinking I don’t want him!” I think I was having an epiphany. I know that my focus was on school, but even I realized that not all of arguments I tried to make were good.
“So do you plan on continuing to confess your undying love for him to me or are you going to go out with him?” He said this in a bad impression of me. I smacked him in the arm and skipped (literally skipped) to the door and down the elevator.
He was sitting in the lobby, reading the day’s newspaper.
“Landon!” I called to get his attention. Though it probably wasn’t needed since he could’ve smelled me the second I walked in here. He was erect and serious as he strode over to me. Before he could reprimand me about keeping him a secret, I boldly grabbed him by his shirt (taking him by surprise) and pulled him to me until our lips were almost touching.
“I’m going to give this my all, fuck Columbia (not really, I still wanted to go), all I want is you.” Then I stood on my tip toes to reach his lips.
We were locked in the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced. He was holding me so tight, like I was going to disappear. His kissed me like it was the last thing he would ever do, like he didn’t know if it was real. His mouth was soft but demanding, hot but still sent cold shivers through my body. The raw emotion in the kiss had my knees buckling beneath me. Almost like he read my mind, he lifted me so swiftly; I didn’t realize we were walking.
The magic was broken when he tried to get me in the car on top of him and I hit my head in the door frame.
“Whoa, maybe we should relax a little, yeah?” I said breathlessly.
“I thought you were already giving us a chance?” His voice was thick with unmasked lust.
“I was, but that was when I was thinking about school and leaving,” His hands squeezed my thighs tighter when I said leaving. “But after talking to Devon, I realized what a bitch I was being by playing with your emotions and second guessing you. I know that you say that you’re not completely up with romance but I don’t care, I think you’re amazing, serious but amazing.” Then he gave me another kiss, just a quick peck.
“You’re rambling. I've been waiting a very long time for you and if you decided to…leave then I would just wait a little longer. I've developed some patience over time.” Then he placed me on the passenger seat. “I’m glad you’re giving us a real chance. Now, we are late for the barbecue, and that’s never good especially when you’re the Alpha.”
“You’re the Alpha, you can’t get in trouble.”
“Wait until I introduce you to my sisters, from then on you’re going to make sure we’re on time for pack gatherings.”
“This just sounds like loads of fun.” He gave me a fake stern look.
“Don’t be like that, it will be great. You can see the members and get know some people. You know this population of humans is small compared to the population of wolves. It might be for you to make friends outside of the humans you talk to.”
“Yeah, maybe.”
Wolves were so aggressive and always ready for a fight, and yeah I know that I am a wolf but some wolves push that button of over the top and I didn't know if his pack was one of those packs that think they are too good for humans. If that was the case, they were going to get a serious wake up call from their Alpha if I have anything to do with it.
We pulled up to a large three to four story home. It was beautiful and was surrounded by life, that I couldn’t help but smiling at the grand sight. I could see Landon was watching me.
“This is the pack base, every wolf that doesn’t have a family or isn’t mated lives here. The homes surrounding us belong to wolves that are mated or have families. I have my own home, about five minutes away so I can privacy without being far from my family and the pack.”
“Do your sisters have their own place or…” I trailed off waiting for him to continue the sentence.
“No, they live in the pack house with my parents.”
When he said parents, I wondered if I would be meeting them tonight.
“Are your parents here?”
“No, they are on a trip and will be back next week. So, are we ready to leave the vehicle?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
He grabbed my left hand and brought it to his mouth. I could feel the heat of his breath on the back of my hand before he whispered, “Everything will be okay, and there is no need to be nervous.”
“Landon, I’m not nervous, it’s just that, you have a large pack and I have to learn all these names and I don’t know. I’m just making something out of nothing.” That was a lie, I am nervous. There are a lot of people in, out, and around this house.
“You said you were ready to be with me completely, but you didn’t say if you were ready to take on the pack. If you aren’t feeling up to this then we can go do something else, besides the pack has barbeques and gatherings every weekend.” He kissed my hand softly.
“No, I don’t know where that came from. A sudden burst of nerves I guess. Let’s go.” I pulled my hand away from him and opened the door. He got out and met me in front of the car. He grabbed my hand once more, and pulled me closer to him.
“I’m happy you are giving me a chance.” His eyes shined with happiness as he leaned down to kiss me. It was the sweetest of kisses, that lasted no more than two seconds. We pulled away only for me to jump at the two identical bodies that appeared out of nowhere.
I turned to the two girls glaring at us. They both had dark brown hair, in fact they were the exact same, with exception to their eyes. One had hazel eyes and small brown mole on her chin, the other had startling amber brown eyes. They both held the same expression of anger. Arms crossed, eyes brimming with anger they turned their glares on Landon solely.
The one with hazel eyes began talking to me with a misleading smile.
“Hi, I’m Andrea and this is-“ She was cut off by her sister.
“I’m furious that my brother decided to show up late again to the pack gathering, but you can call me Alexa. And you Landon can call the meeting to order, now that you’ve decided to grace us with your presence. But never mind that matter…” Then she looked at me. “And your name is…”
“I’m Deirdre.”
“Hmm. Okay then.” Then she looked at Landon.
“Why are you still here? You need to be back there,” she jerked her thumb to the back of the house, “ so M-O-V-E move it!” she ordered.
She walked ahead of us and I turned to Landon.
I punched Landon in the arm, which resulted in a shooting pain down my arm.
“What the fuck are you made of? And why the hell didn’t I get a better warning? Also, why the hell were we late?” I asked all in a single breath. Landon held the hand that hurt and inspected it.
“You’re okay. First, I did warn you. Second, we were late due to your brother. Third, please calm down, I’m sorry. My sisters are upset because they organize the pack gatherings, and for me not to be there on time, is like telling them you hate their hair. They are obsessed with their style and hair. I basically insulted them.”
“Yes you did, but you’re going to pay for it later, big brother.” The girls turned around speaking together with smiles plastered against their faces. Then they turned away and ran to yell at some children sticking their fingers in the chocolate fountain.
“After, would you like to come to my place?” Landon asked abruptly as we kept walking.
I thought about it and I wouldn’t mind it. “Sure.”
“Okay.” He turned away from me and smiled. We finally got to the backyard and Landon had me stand next to a podium on a small stage. He winked at me before starting his speech.
Here we go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!