Status: New.. Idk about this

You Just Ain't My Scene

Chapter 2

Jocelyn's POV

I heard Dad yelling in the bull horn again and shook Georgie awake. We rushed to the "good" bathroom, only to find that it was already taken! I heard Frankie singing Not Over You by Gavin Degraw, that must be the song he's singing for the audition today. Even though Daddy Warbucks doesn't sing much, you never know what role they might give you. Me and Georgie go to the other bathroom and it's taken too! So, we run back to the other bathroom and start banging on the door.

" Frankie! Hurry up, we have to get ready too! You're not the only one who has to audition!", I yell.

" I'll be out in a minute!", Frankie sings. " How'd that sound?", he asks.

" Like an angel making love to a goddess, now would you hurry up please!" I rushed him.

He then opens the door in casual yet fancy attire. He smiles at us, " All you had to do was say please", he smirks, " As if you didn't already know I'd be extra early for the "good" bathroom to prep for the audition, Silly girls", he then walk pasts us, our mouths wide open. What a dip wad! I should've known that Frankie would wake up extra early just to look and sing great for the audition, that's just how he was, my brother, prepared for everything. Me and Georgie do what we have to do and go back to our room. I dressed like a teenage Annie, just to impress them and let them know I mean business. I swear, Georgie is a little fashionista, because she always looks so fashion forward everyday. We head downstairs where Daddy is cooking breakfast, but I'm a little too nervous to eat so I just eat an apple, so I at least don't starve. I notice something out of the ordinary while I'm sitting at the island. I look over at Zane and I notice...

" Is that Hollister?", My thought coming out of my mouth. He nods. " But you never wear Hollister, you said it was for preppy, California boys who had no sense of style", I remember him saying that a couple months ago when we went shopping and I asked if he wanted to go into Hollister.

" I live in California now, might as well dress like it", He shrugged. I let him be. I turned to Tara and she looked so adorable.

" Ooh Tara, are you dressin' all cute for that Zayn Malik Look alike?", I teased her.

She blushed, " His name is Damien and maybe I did",.

" Ooh, how old is this Damien?", I asked her.

" He's 11 and a half", she giggled.

" An older man, go Tara!", I cheered.

" Hey, the only boys who you should dress cute for are your brothers and me", Dad lectured. She rolled her eyes and continued eating her pancakes.

" So Jocelyn and Frankie, I see you're dressed for the part", Dad acknowledged. Dad was well aware of how things went when we audition for plays and such.

" Dad, you're not new to this,", Frankie pointed out.

" Ya know if we get the part, we're gonna annoy the crap outta you guys right?", I indicated. Whenever me or Frankie got a role, we lived, ate, and breathed the part.

" Yes we know, just promise that if you get the part of Miss Hannigan, you don't start drinking. Because we all know that Miss Hannigan had a little drinking problem", Zane joked.

" I know Zane, of course not. If I get Miss Hannigan, I'll just stop wearin' a bra to get her saggy boobs", I laughed at that image. Zane laughed at this too. We finished eating and got into the " Soccer Mom Magnet". We said goodbye to Tara as she got out and we saw her go up to this boy and hug him, that must be her little crush, Damien. They looked so cute. Dad dropped us off and we see the same pink limo pull up right in front of us. We then see the Knight Twins come out in their matching outfits. I wonder, do they like stay up on Sunday nights and plan their outfits for the week and then have Friday be " Dress like your Own Person" day? I begged for them not to see us, but of course, they do. I see Bridgette look us up and down.

" Well if it isn't the Brady Bunch", Bridgette scoffed.

" Ugh that is so over used, could you be original?", Frankie complained sarcastically.

" Uh Ok, how about Jackson 4?", Justin tried again. All of us, even Bridgette rolled her eyes.

" He was being sarcastic you dumb ass", Bridgette grunted.

" Yeah I was, but that was a good one Justin", Frankie smiled, and so did Justin.

" If you don't mind we have to get to class, nice meeting you", Zane told them trying to be nice and with we walked away. I walked into Advanced Calculus and saw Lola, this outfit being just as colorful as yesterdays. We hugged and I didn't see the guys, but then I remembered that they don't come to first period.

" Can I ask you a question?", Lola asked.

I shrugged," Sure, what is it", I answered.

" Do you like Matt?", she bit her lip. I was surprised she'd even asked that. Was I that obvious about it.

" Kinda, I mean he's really sweet and cute, but I just met him yesterday. Then again, he texted some pretty deep stuff last night", I informed Lola, worried what'd she think about me liking her cousin.

Her eyes went wide at this," Really, lemme see!", She squealed in teenage excitement. I handed her my phone and see looked through the messages and looked between me and the Samsung Epic.

" What?", I looked at her suspiciously.

" I think Matt likes you", She admitted

" What, how do you figure that?", I interrogated my friend.

" Well, he doesn't talk to people like this, he didn't even talk like that to Bridgette", Lola slapped her hand to her mouth, regretting her words.

" What do you mean Bridgette?", I questioned her. She shook her head and right when I was about to grill her more, Mr. Carmichael walked in therefore making me sit down. I mouthed ' You got lucky' to Lola and payed attention to Mr. Carmichael as he lectured us on derivatives.

Class was then over and Lola rushed out the room, with me heavy on her heels. I was gonna get answers and I was gonna get em sooner or later!

" Lola what was that about Bridgette?", I eyed my nervous looking companion.

" Okay I'll tell you, but promise you won't tell Matt I told you", She negotiated.

" No promises, I have to know just in case I decide to go any further with Matt", I stuck to my guns.

She sighed, " Fine you defiant little rabbit. Matt and Bridgette used to be best friends when they were little. When they got to seventh grade, they started dating, that was up until like their Sophomore year when her popularity got to her head and she started forgetting about Matt". I was shocked, I didn't know they had history, they looked so opposite to each other.

" Don't go all shell shocked cus that's not it. Now, she wants him back and is always goin' to his parties and gigs,and invitin' him to her parties, which of course he never goes to and she's always tryna talk to him, she didn't try to yesterday, because he was all wrapped up in your love blanket. She's scared away all his girlfriends from dating him and he's so pissed at her". " Now you can drop your jaw", she giggled.

My mouth was wide opened, but then I closed it when the guys walked. They walked up to us hugging me and Lola.

" Soooo, Miss Jocelyn, you're audition's today, how ya feelin' tiger?", Brian asked me.

" Well, I'm usually NEVER nervous since I've done this a million times and I'm used to rejection. But that was in Georgia, this is a whole different state, with different people, different tastes, different wants and needs. I'm nervous as fudge!", I was hyperventilating and I haven't even auditioned yet.

" Calm down Lyn, you'll do great", Johnny reassured me.

"You sure will", Matt agreed.

" How do you know that?", I questioned.

" Because we'll be there cheering you on and booing everyone else except Frankie", Jimmy said in a 'duh' tone as if I should've already known that. The teacher then walked in and we sat down.

**** Lunch ****

We sat in the same table as yesterday.Emoni creeps up behind Zacky and puts her hands over his eyes and asks," Guess who?" giggling a little.

" Uh, is this Beyonce?", Zacky playfully guesses.

" No, but close enough", Emoni laughs kissing Zacky, they were so adorkable together.

" You don't have to look like Beyonce, you're a beauty all your own", Zacky told his girlfriend. Me and Lola ' awww'ed at them.

We were just having a couple of laughs and making small talk when no one other than the Knight Twins decide to show up.

" Hey Matt", Bridgette flirtatiously greets.

Matt looks annoyed, but nonetheless he says, " Hey Bridgette", then turned back around, hoping for that to be it, but of course she doesn't stop there.

" I saw you're gig last week at Johnny's. You guys were really great", she complimented. This girl just doesn't give up.

" Thanks", Matt uttered, obviously not wanting to talk to her.

So I decided to speak for him, " It's kinda obvious that Matt doesn't wanna talk to you, so if you could leave, that would be much appreciated".

" It's kinda obvious that I wasn't talking to you, so if you could mind you're own business, that would be much appreciated", Bridgette mocked me.

" What is it with you and not being original, first you can't come up with an original nickname for me and my siblings and now, you don't have an original comeback. What is it Bridges, can't think outside the box?", I retorted.

All she did was stomp off, while Justin just stood and looked at me.

" Uh, I like you're outfit, very Modern day Annie. Good luck at the auditions today", Justin smiles at me, but it wasn't like a " I hope you fall off stage and die" type of smile, it was genuine.

I smile at him," Thank you Justin, same goes for you".

" JUSTIN!", Bridgette screeches. Justin then waves quickly at me and runs after Bridgette.

" What was that about?", Emoni speaks for all of us.

" Maybe he just really liked my outfit", I shrugged it off.

" Yeah, yeah, yeah, that too, but what about you? I didn't know you could get so feisty", Brian observed making a claw at me and meowing .

" I don't know, I mean we could obviously see that Matt didn't wanna be bothered by her, I just wanted it to be more obvious", I shrugged.

" Ya didn't have to do that Jocelyn, really", Matt stated.

" No I didn't HAVE to, but I WANTED to", I emphasized. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

**** Auditions ****

So me and Frankie are backstage practicing our vocal cords. We give each pep talks and what not. I then hear weird noises and I look over to the noises and see Bridgette doing these weird bird calls or cat noises, I have no idea but it sounded horrific. Right now, a girl named Danielle Sanchez is singing and she sounds like crap! I hear the guys plus Lola and Emoni booing her just like they did the 25 other students, I'm surprised they didn't get kicked out yet.

" Frankie Hill, you're up next", Miss Calvin calls.

Frankie turns to me smiling," Wish me luck".

I smile," Good luck bro, even though you don't need it, you're Frankie G."

"I'm Frankie G.", he whispers to himself. I sit in the front row, giving him a thumbs up.

" Hi I'm Frankie Hill and I'm going for the role of Daddy Warbucks or any other role you see fit for me, but I'm dead set on Daddy Warbucks" He then put on his bald cap and does the scene where he first meets Annie. He was so great. Once that was done, he took of the cap and smoothed his hair.

" I will now sing Not Over You by Gavin Degraw" Frankie announced. Miss Calvin nodded telling him to go on. And did he sing! I love his voice, so smooth yet rough with passion. Once he was done, he said a simple thank you and got off stage, we all patted him on the back telling him he did great.

" Miss Jocelyn Hills, ooh a little sibling rivalry", Miss Calvin jokes. I giggle. I hear a whole bunch of 'Woo Go Jocelyn''s and ' Kick some Annie ass Jossy Fruit''s and I laugh. " I see you have your support group with you" Miss Calvin said. I giggle and nod.

"I'm Jocelyn Hill and I'll be auditioning for the role of Annie or Miss Hannigan", I state and then do the scene in which Annie fights off the boys in the alley way, that's my favorite part.

" That was wonderful darling and I see you even dressed for the part", She observed.

" Yes Ma'am of course", I agreed. " I will be singing Thank You by Charice. I just went for it and when I was done, the Knight Twins come busting in from behind the curtains, they never fail to make an entrance.

" I'm auditioning for Annie, not Hannigan, not Grace, not Molly, not Sandy, Annie", Bridgette boasts. " And I'm auditioning for Rooster", Justin chimed in. Bridgette then pushed Justin aside and sang Over the Rainbow. I'll admit she was good, but not great. Justin clapped with a bored look on his face then he went on stage and acted a scene out and he was excellent, he WAS Rooster. I was impressed, I clapped for him. I saw him look up and smile at me.

" Alright, well that's it for today. The list with the parts will be up tomorrow morning. Good night", Then she left the auditorium.

" You did great", They all told me and Frankie. They were going on about our performances until I heard someone clear their throat.

" You think just cause you guys sang a few good notes and dressed for the part, you'll get in? Don't hold your breathe", she then walked away.

" Well I think you guys did great, Bridgette practiced all night and she still didn't improve", Justin chuckled at his sister.

" Why Thank you Justin, but you better go before Hannigan gets you", Frankie advised him with a friendly smile. Justin ran outside leaving us and the posse. I saw my dad's van pull up. We said goodbye and got in.

" So kids, how'd it go?", Dad asked looking in the mirror at us.

" Oh c'mon Dad, how do you think it went?", Frankie bragged.

" With you guys... nothin' less than perfect" He smiled and looked onto the road
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter deux for you guys. Hope you enjoyed and F.Y.I. Frankie's performance, if you click on it, it's Max Schneider's actual performance of that song. Whats ur thoughts so far. likin it or not likin it. I feel like I'm runin a McDonalds here!