Status: Let me know what you think!

Rise and Shine

Chapter One

The Arizona sun beat down on Abbey and me. We had just gotten home from Vans Warped Tour. We sat outside on her porch and talked about how much fun we had. It was the first time I had gone to Warped Tour and I loved every bit of it.
I looked around while I sat outside and then I looked at Abbey, "You know, your Uncle's house is enormous! It has an outdoor pool, an indoor pool... even a slide!"
Abbey laughed, "Calm down Irwin, we're only staying here for the summer. Before we know it we'll be on our way back to Maine."
"Way to ruin my mood." I sighed and stared at her Uncle's 8 foot deep pool which included a long narrow slide.
"But to lighten your mood some, it's only the first day we're here. So hopefully it'll go by slowly."
"I'll be happy once I go down that slide."
Abbey giggled, "We can go down the slide tomorrow."
I sighed once more, "Well can we at least go to the store and buy some candy. I'm starving."
"You just ate! But sure, whatever makes your mood lighten up, slide addict."

We walked to the nearest WalMart. It was only 15 mintues away from Abbey's house.
I looked back at Abbey, who was messing with the back of her legs, "What are you doing all the way back there?"
Abbey looked up at me, "Don't you just hate it when your skinny jeans get stuck to you because you sweat so much?"
"Dear, I wear tighter jeans then you. Suck it up. We're almost there."

It took us 20 mintues to get there, due to Abbey stopping every five seconds to fix her pants.
I looked at all the candy in the candy aisle. "Gummy Worms, Reece's, Crunch Bars, Twix... oh my God, I think I'm going to die!"
"Just choose one so we can eat them!" She smiled at me and went to go get us drinks."
I picked up one of each and bumped into Abbey while on my way to the drink aisle. "I thought you were getting us drinks?"
"Dude, you have to come here!" She pulled my arm and drug me through the store.
I literally dropped all of my candy on the ground, "No way!"
"Yes way!" She jumped up and down with excitment.
"Is this real? Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"
She nodded her head.

There I saw two of my favorite people in the world...