Army Of Me

"***ing ***."

PETER - My door opens. I don’t look up from the book I’m reading as someone walks in. I’ve got my back to them, hunched up on a chair and more involved in my book than real life.

“Peter?” They ask. I think it’s Wade. I take a quick breath, my stomach fluttering slightly but I don’t look up. I don’t want him to know that I’m actually glad he’s here.

“What?” I say back, quietly. I scan the page I’ve been reading. I try to read some more, but don’t take it in. I start again on the same page.

“What you doing, spider boy?” He comes and leans on the desk and peers at me. He’s got a gray shirt on and dark jeans, and his hair is messy, like he’s been running. He’s probably been training.
I really hope he didn’t just notice me looking at him.

“Reading.” I tell him. He pushes his hair back. I can almost see every muscle on his arm. It’s nice.
He sees me looking at him. I look down at my book again and turn a page awkwardly. What am I
even reading, anyway?

“Yeah, I can see that. What are you reading?” Good question, Wade. I actually have no idea.
I lift the book up to show him.

“This one.”

“Fahrenheit 451. Why are you reading that?” I put my feet down and fold the corner of my page over, and put the book on the desk.

“I want to read it.” He picks it up, throws it in the air and catches again.

“What’s happening in it?” I try to remember what I was reading before he came in.

“Things.” I tell him in the end. He laughs, and I smile back at him. “What are you doing even doing in here?” I ask. He smiles this really stupid, goofy smile.

“I came to tell you something.”

“Oh, yeah?” I try not to seem interested.

“Yeah.” He coughs and suddenly his smile is gone. He looks really sombre, Jesus; he looks really sad. “I came here to say...I’m leaving the Avengers.” I sit up straight and frown at him. What?

“Why?” I gasp. He can’t leave, that bastard.

“I don’t wanna do this anymore. And anyway, I’m uh, sick again. Fury says I gotta stay away for a bit, but I’ve decided I’m just gonna pack it all in. I might not get better, anyway. Better to say I’m not coming back than make a promise I can’t keep.” He finishes at looks down at the floor. I jump up and the chair scrapes back on the floor.

“Are you serious?” I ask him. He looks up and see’s me frowning at him. Shit. He nods.

“Jesus, Wade...” I look down at the table, trying to get my head round this. He’s ill, ill enough for Nick to let him off, and trust me, Nick never does anything like that, and he’s not coming back. He could die. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I look up at him, knowing that my face is probably plastered with worry. He suddenly starts to smile; something small that spreads into a grin, and then his whole face is lightening up again. I blink a couple of times and take a step back.

“What is it?” I ask him. He starts to laugh.

“What?” I ask him, angrier.

“You’re an idiot, Parker. I’m not really leaving. Should have seen your face!” He keeps laughing. I keep glaring at him.

“You fucking prick!” I snap at him. He still laughs but starts to back away. I can feel my face going very, very red. What a cunt. He holds his hands up in defence and starts backing towards the door. I think he can actually smell the anger coming of me right now. What a total and utter dick.

“You’re not leaving.” I say. He shakes his hand and clutches his side. “You fucking asshole! And you’re not ill again?” He shakes his head again. Wade’s an asshole and I hate him. I really, really hate him. He laughs at me more as I fume and then ducks out of the room. He shuts the door behind him, and in my anger, I shoot a shitload of webs at the door. I curse at him through the walls and the slump in the chair again. I pick my book up and try to calm down. Why the fuck does he have to be like that? Shit, if he really did have to leave... fuck.

Fuck him, what a fucking cunt.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was kinda shitty hmm sorry