Status: one-shot

Hot Mess

Hot Mess

I woke up with a draft on my chest, the blanket was around my midsection, leaving me exposed.
“Glad to see your finally up.” I heard a voice say next to me. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut.
Emily.
“ha. Great to see you to Kris.”
“What time is it?” I said, my voice raspy from a dry throat.
“Almost 12:30 sunshine” she said, kissing my chest. Shit.
“Thank God Dan made the skate optional this morning, he would of had my ass.”
Emily laughed.
“Why do we keep doing this?” I asked.
“Because you’re hot, I’m hot, and when we fuck, angles rejoice” she smirked and left down the hallway.
I sighed. Emily and I, we have quite a history. A history that mostly involved follow-up mornings like this one. It started at the start of this season. I wasn’t usually this careless, but I have my nights, and somehow those same nights, she’s always there. I guess you could call us friends, but that may be too strong of a word. It’s not like I don’t try, I always ask if she wants to do something, because I do kind of want to know her as a person, but she always shuts me down. It bruises my ego a bit I will admit. I don’t know what is about her that always keeps me coming back, but there was no complaints. Trust me. She re entered the room and I finally got a look at what she was wearing, or, what she wasn’t. She sauntered in her bra and underwear, with my unbuttoned dress shirt I wore the night before. I heard her laugh.
“You like what you see, lover boy?” I didn’t respond with words, I just grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back on top of me.
“I’ll take that as a yes then.” she smirked.
~~~~~
Emily.
I laid there waiting for Kris to wake up, I watched as his bare chest rose up and down, he looked so graceful and peaceful.
Kris and I’s relationship, well, wasn’t even a relationship. We were friends with benefits. It’s weird, every time we say that it won’t happen again, and yet…but I am still a girl. A girl that still wants a prince charming to sweep me off my feet, but somehow, it always comes to this, no matter how hard I try. I have a bad reputation that no famous athlete wants to be associated with, for fear of tainting their “image”. So why Kris is still here, why we are still doing this, after this long is a mystery to me.
“You want to get breakfast or something?” Kris asked as he started to put on clothes. I looked at him like he had three heads.
“What?” he questioned
“It’s just…I don’t know…why?”
“Why what?” He asked, looking more and more confused.
“Why are you so persistent to hang out?” I felt like I could have worded that a bit better, because I saw a flash of anger pass his face, along with more frustration and confusion.
“Because, Emily, I have no idea who you are. I feel like I should get to know someone I’ve…you know, done stuff with more than once.” I smiled at him. The way he squirmed about having to use the word ‘sex’ when talking about ‘us’. It was so fucking cute. I laughed,
“Okay fine, where so you want to go?” He took a minute to reply, his brown eyes focused in on mine. A sudden wave of self-consciousness overcame me. I looked away down to my fingers.
“What?” I asked. He just laughed and shook his head.
“I just can’t believe your not turning me away this time.” he said kissing my cheek. I felt my cheeks redden.
“Well, lover boy, I thought I might through you a bone just this one time.”
“Well who knows. This one time might be leaving you for more.”
I laughed, “Please! Doesn’t it always?” I replied. I didn’t know what the day had in store, but I was along for the ride.
*Kris*
We got to the restaurant and oddly enough I was actually nervous. You would think after everything I’ve done with Emily that I wouldn’t be, and yet there I was with sweaty palms. We took our seats and she gave me a smirk.
“You aren’t nervous are you eh, lover boy?” she said in mock question.
“N-no” I stuttered. Well so much for that. God what was with me?
“So, Emily, tell me about you.” I said, deciding to direct the attention of me and onto her.
“You think just like that, I’m going to tell you my life story? Well, Mr. Letang, sorry to break it to you but your gonna have to try harder than that.” I looked at her with saucer eyes. Her smirk only grew wider. “You didn’t think it would be that easy, did you?” she continued. I wasn’t sure what to say, I just assumed it would be easy. Why did she always have to make things so complicated all the time. I sighed, laughing at myself.
“I guess I did, my mistake.” I said lightheartedly. She grabbed my hand and kicked my leg under the table.
“Still want to go through the grueling task of getting to know me?” she asked.
Was I?
Maybe not.
Was I going to tell her that and watch as she slips though my fingers?
Not a chance in hell.
I nodded my head, “Of course, tell me everything I need to know about Emily the person.”
She looked taken back. Looks like the ball was on my end of the court now, finally getting to where I wanted to go. She swallowed hard.
“Re-really.”
“Yup.” I said sitting back in my chair with a smirk on my face.
“No.”
“No?”
“No.” she repeated.
“Pardon?”
“Not until at least the third on of these…get togethers.” she said.
“You mean these dates.”
“I mean if you want to call them that.” She muttered.
“Fine.” I agreed. She smiled.
“Great!” she said standing up.
“Wait! Where are you going?”
“I have to be somewhere, hope you don’t mind.” She replied, than winked and rushed out the door. I sat there dumbfounded. This girl was spontaneous, sexy, and hard to keep up with. She was the complete opposite of me. She has you in a captivating spell that keeps you on your feet. I still knew nothing about her. I just shook my head and drank my water.
‘That 3rd date can’t come fast enough’ I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
weee~ hope you liked it))
feedback always welcome!