Status: Active- Please comment!

Timing Is Everything

The Good Times

James woke up the next morning all alone in his bed. He reached to Roxy's side of the bed and felt the faint warmth from her tiny body.

"Rox?" He mumbled, rolling over and looking around the dull room. He sighed seeing her pajamas on the chair near the window. James became alert immediately.

If she wasn't with him, that meant she was alone with his parents. God only knows the horror stories his mother was telling her. James shot out of bed and ran towards the kitchen where he knew they'd probably be. James walked to the kitchen and spotted Roxy sitting by herself reading a book.

"Where are my parents?" James asked, looking around for them.

"They went to see Paul," Roxy laughed softly upon seeing him. His shirt was askew and his pajama pants were falling down, and his hair was actual bed-head, not the kind he spends hours perfecting.

"Oh, thank God." He sighed, sitting down on a barstool. He ran his hands through his hair before resting his head down on the counter.

"Do you want to go back to bed, Jay?" Roxy laughed, rubbing his back. "They won't be home for another hour. You can sneak a bit more sleep in."

"No," James sighed, lifting his head up. "I should probably go and shower. They probably still want to go shopping and stuff today, so I better get on it. "

"Okay, sweetie." Roxy nodded. "Do you want coffee or anything?"

"No, but you could come shower with me." James smirked over at her.

"You talked me into it," Roxy laughed, closing her book. She got off of the chair and James scooped her up in his arms, carrying her towards the bathroom.

James undressed her and then undressed himself. He opened the glass door to the shower and put his hand on the small of her back, guiding her in.

"Are you washing your hair today?" Roxy teased as she stood with her back to him.

James pursed his lips and gave her backside a playful slap. The sound echoed through the hollow bathroom, a squeal following it.

"James!" She squealed, rubbing her backside. "That hurt."

"I thought you liked getting spanked," James smirked, kissing along her neck.

"Jay," She grinned, closing her eyes and pushing her bottom back into him.

"I didn't get you yesterday. Can you blame me for being a little handsy?" James asked, his hands feeling up her backside. "Jesus Christ. Have I ever told you how amazing your ass is?"

"Hourly," Roxy laughed, turning around and facing him. James cupped her face and kissed her firmly.

"Jay," She smiled against his mouth when he pressed her against the shower wall. "Your parents."

"You said that we have an hour," James replied, grabbing her hands and pinning them over her head. "Besides I'll make sure your quiet."

"Then you're not doing your job right," Roxy smirked, her hands slipping out of his hands and down his arms to his tense biceps. She ran her fingertips over his NEAL tattoo- she was told all the Neal boys had it, but was certain it looked best on James. She slipped her hands down his muscular back down to the small of his back.

"You're a fucking tease," James growled, pushing his hips against hers making her dig her nails into his back.

"Just because I love watching you squirm," She smiled as he kissed and bit at her collarbone.

"Me? What about you?" He smirked, grabbing her thigh and lifting it up. He pushed inside of her quickly, making all the air escape her lungs. "I love watching you squirm, baby."

Roxy moved her hands around to his stomach, her fingernails pressing into his abs.

"Pull my hair," He ordered, his forehead pressed to hers. Roxy did as told, putting both of her hands in his hair and giving it a tug. James' head fell back and he let out a guttural moan.

This man and his hair, Roxy thought.

"James?" Came his mother's voice followed by a knock on the bathroom door.

"If you stop I will kill you," Roxy mumbled to him, grabbing his backside, keeping him inside her.

James kept moving, doing his best not to moan as he spoke to his mother.

"Yeah! We're just having a shower, Ma! We'll be out soon," James replied, his voice at a calm level.

"I want you to," Roxy whispered in his ear as he bit his lip and looked at the ceiling. "I want you to come, James."

James let go and he was hoping that she did, too. She usually did, but she had made such an effort at finishing him off he kind of just went with it. He made a vow to make it up to her tonight when they were alone again.

They finished up in the shower and got out, getting dressed again. James dressed in just a plaid button up shirt and jeans. He stood beside Roxy in the bathroom, fixing his hair.

"What?" He asked when he caught her staring at him. She stood in just her bra and underwear with her mascara wand in her hand.

"You just look really good in that," She smiled, biting at her bottom lip.

"This?" He smiled, pulling at his shirt. "It would look better on you."

"Ass!" She laughed, pushing him away.

"You're the one standing here in your bra and panties, eye-fucking me while you bite your lip!" James laughed, holding his hands up in defence. "I was just playing the game, sweetheart."

"Besides all I'm thinking about right now is how easily I could rip those panties off of your tiny hips," James smirked, looking down at her black underwear.

"Really now?" She laughed.

James grabbed her hips and moved her onto the bathroom counter in one swift motion. He stood between her thighs and made sure she was nice and close against him. James slipped his fingers inside the side strap of her underwear.

"James," She gasped softly, surprised. He was fairly forward sexually, but he could also be fairly shy. She loved that about him. She loved that he had no idea how sexy he truly was.

"I want to be inside you so badly," James muttered to her, running his fingertips through her straps.

She let out a high pitched whine, gripping at his shirt and squeezing her thighs against his hips. She loved when James talked like that. He wasn't descriptive or dirty. He would usually just say, "I want you", but on a rare occasion he spoke like this.

James smiled as she giggled when he reached inside her underwear and rubbed her with his thumb.

"Did you get waxed?" He asked. "You're so smooth."

James had just been teasing before, trying to get her going just to rip it out from under her, like she always did to him. But somewhere along the way he lost himself and could only think about burying himself deep inside her.

"Did you wax for me, baby?" He breathed in her ear. He slipped his middle and ring finger inside her, pumping them quickly. He curled his fingers and hit her g-spot almost immediately.

"James," She sobbed, writhing beneath his touch. Her hips rode his hand, hitting his pelvis.

James stared at her intently and licked his lips repeatedly. He was aching for her, but he would wait.

"Stop! Or I'm going to come!" She panted.

"That's kind of the point, baby." James smirked, leaning down and pressing his forehead to hers. He really just wanted to feel her hips on him a little harder.

"I want you inside me when I do!" She stated. "Jay, please!"

James smirked and removed his fingers from inside her. That's what he was waiting for. He undid his belt and wiggled out of his pants before moving her panties to the side again. He pushed inside her a little more forcefully than before.

James was full of demands that she was happy to oblige to.

"Pull my hair,"

"Grab my ass,"

"Move your hips with mine,"

"Grab my face,"

"Kiss my neck,"

In no time they were a sweating, swearing, panting mess ready to both fall off the edge.

"Touch me, James! Rub me, please!" She begged, scratching down his back. James smirked and did as told, rubbing her with his index and middle finger.

"Are you going to come for me, baby?" James mumbled heavily in her ear.

It was as if his words set her off. Before she could even register what was happening, Roxy found herself writhing and moaning into James' mouth. James followed a few seconds later. They stayed there for a moment, motionless. Roxy sitting on the bathroom counter with James between her legs, his body going limp on top of hers.

"Guys, c'mon. I know you're young and in love and you can't keep your hands off of each other, but we're losing day light here, let's go." Came the voice of Peter Neal, breaking the silence between James and Roxy.

James quickly covered Roxy with his body so his father wouldn't see her half dressed.

"All right, Dad. Be right out," James mumbled, kicking the bathroom door shut.

"Oh my God," Roxy groaned, covering her embarrassed face. "Do you think he heard me?"

"There's no way he didn't," James laughed.

"This isn't funny, Jay!" Roxy gasped, hitting his shoulder. She hopped off of the counter, fixing her underwear before walking back to their bedroom to put on clothes.

"C'mon, babe. It's a little funny," James laughed, pulling his pants back up.

"Your dad heard us having sex, and walked in on us while you were still inside of me!" Roxy scolded under her breath, throwing a sock at him.

"At least it wasn't my mom," James smirked, going to the their full length mirror and fixing his shirt.

"I hadn't even thought of that!" Roxy gasped, after she pulled a shirt on over her head.

"Yeah, so we have that to be thankful for," James smirked, kissing her forehead.

"I can never be in the same room as your father ever again," Roxy sighed, checking her appearance in the mirror.

"Don't feel bad," James laughed, shaking his head. "Once my dad walked in on my brother, I can't remember which one, getting a blow job in the garage. I came home from Dallas for Christmas and the whole house was tense. It was hilarious."

"I can't tell if you were trying to make me feel better or worse with that story," Roxy stated, looking up at him.

James laughed and gave her a kiss before exiting their bedroom.

Once everyone was ready to go they all headed out to the mall to walk around and shop for a bit. While Roxy looked in Sephora (James was hoping that was just a cover and she was really in Victoria's Secret) and his father was in some tech store, James and his mother sat down on a bench, sharing some french fries and an iced tea.

"You seem very happy," Deborah noted softly, dipping her fry in some gravy.

"I am extremely happy," James nodded with a smile.

"She seems to bring out the best in you," Deborah smiled at her son. "I don't know if I've ever seen you this calm and happy before. Especially not in a relationship."

"I guess the timing was just right for us," James shrugged, even though he knew that wasn't the case. There was still so much that he and Roxy had to go through, but he didn't want to think about that right now. Or bring it up to his mother.

"Paulie said that she's been really supportive of you," Deborah stated. "He said that she comes to every home game and wears your jersey, says she'll send you texts after games, and that she cooks for you before games. He said you're in love with her. Are you in love, Jay?"

"Completely," James nodded. "She's the most incredible woman I've ever met. Besides you, of course, mom."

"Ha-ha, very cute." Deborah grinned. "You don't have to say that. Tell me the truth about her. How do you feel?"

"Since when do we talk about feelings?" James asked. James was close with his mother, but not on the basis where he'd tell her everything. He'd tell her a situation and leave it at that. He liked to figure things out on his own.

"I want to know, James. I have this good gut feeling about her, and I want to know how you feel about her," Deborah replied. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I am in love with her," James stated. "She's the first person I want to see when I wake up, and the person I want to lay beside when I fall asleep. She makes my life easier, she makes it more fun. She's so supportive of me that I have no idea how to repay her. I just love her and everything that she is. Even the fact that she's a smoker. I feel like it's part of who she is, even though I wish she'd quit."

"Do you think she's The One?"

"Ma, I can't answer that. I won't answer that," James replied, shaking his head. "When I put such a big label on it like that, it ruins it. I place too high of an expectation on our relationship and I'm constantly let down. I just love her, and I want to see where we go."

James looked ahead of him and saw Roxy stuffing a Victoria's Secret bag inside a Sephora bag. He smirked to himself and winked at her when she looked at him. He knew that woman better than she knew herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can thank James Neal's new haircut for this out of the ordinary, dirty chapter. The man looks GOOD. I was actually going to leave the whole sex scenes out, but figured it'd be nice to keep them in. I never really write them, so... you're welcome ;)