Status: Active- Please comment!

Timing Is Everything

Lazy Days

The Neal's left for Ontario early the next morning, before Roxy even woke up. James was awake to see them off, but shuffled back to bed with his girlfriend. He climbed into bed with her, grabbing hold of her tiny body and pulling her up against him.

"Are your parents gone?" Roxy asked quietly, half asleep.

"Mhmm," James nodded, his own voice heavy with sleep. "Go back to sleep, baby. It's still early."

Roxy fell back asleep almost instantly, James right behind her.

The weekend with Deborah and Peter Neal had proved to be better than Roxy could've ever dreamed of. They were so sweet and accepting of her. Roxy knew that she and Deborah would close, or at least that's what she hoped. She wasn't so sure about Peter after he walked in on her and James, but she figured she could slowly and from a distance build that relationship.

Parents were easy to understand, but it was siblings that were always Roxy's downfall. Roxy was terrified to meet James' siblings, especially his little sister. If Rebecca was anything like Roxy, she knew Rebecca wouldn't warm up to her right away and find a way to test Roxy.

James felt no worry about Roxy meeting his siblings. He knew his brothers would love her, hell, one of them might even hit on her. He knew Rebecca might put up a few walls, but he knew that she and Roxy would be good friends once they got to know one another.

James stirred awake a few hours later when Roxy began to shift as well.

"No," He mumbled, grabbing around her waist and pulling her back into bed with him when she tried to get out.

"I have to pee!" She whined, trying to break free from his grasp.

"Be fast," He mumbled, not even bothering to open his eyes. He let her go and listened to her feet padding across the floor towards the bathroom.

James was certain he had briefly fallen back asleep, but was woken up again when Roxy hopped into bed with him. She laid behind him and slung her leg over his waist.

"So," She stated softly. "We're having this event soon, a Christmas thing, do you want to be my date?"

"Only if you'll be my date to our Christmas party," James smirked, grabbing her hands and holding them to his chest.

"Deal," She laughed.

James rolled over so he was on his back. He pulled her on top of him and made her straddle his waist. He held onto her hips and stared up at her.

"You look awesome in that," He smirked at his Penguins hoodie she was wearing. She wore nothing underneath it and he loved it.

"Thank you," She smiled watching him bite his bottom lip as she shifted her hips on top of his. She ran her fingertips over his abs down to the waistband of his bed pants.

"Tease," He growled when she moved her hands to his face, scratching her nails through his facial hair gently.

"I'm not doing anything!" She laughed.

"Exactly!" James glared playfully. "I have evening practice tonight. Please, don't make me wait and have to go through practice all sexually frustrated. You know it puts my game off."

"That's a compelling arguments, James." She laughed. "But if you lose, you might have to wear the Hawaiian shirt again and I thought you looked quite nice in it the last time."

"That's just cruel," James replied, laughing softly.

"Do you want to make me breakfast, Jay?" She asked nicely, laying down on top of him again.

"Only if you wear that and shower with me later," James bargained, tugging at her sweatshirt.

"Deal," Roxy laughed and climbed off of him.

"No!" James ordered when she went to put on underwear.

"Ew, James! I'm not sitting on the counter or the furniture without underwear on!"

"You can sit on my lap," James smirked, getting out of bed.

"How did I not see that coming?" She laughed when he walked by her and gave her forehead a kiss. James shrugged and grinned as he walked out of their bedroom.

Roxy stood next to James in the kitchen as he cooked them eggs. Roxy stood there peeling a clementine.

"Your hands are going to smell like oranges," James mumbled, scrunching up his face in disgust.

"You don't like clementines?" Roxy asked, surprised.

"I like them! I just can't stand the fact that the smell of them just clings all day," James replied.

"Well, you're just going to have to deal with it." Roxy smirked, putting a piece of the fruit in her mouth before shoving one into his mouth.

They both loved these days together. The days where she didn't have to work and he didn't have practice, interviews, training or a game. They both loved being able to wake up together, whenever they wanted , and get up to eat together. They would spend their whole day in their pajamas, or naked just because they could. They always enjoyed these days because they didn't get them very often.

"Your phone keeps buzzing," James stated ,nodding his head towards the counter near the living room entrance.

"Oh!" Roxy replied, walking over to the counter and picking up her phone. "It's my dad!"

Get to the restaurant now. Big issues with Malcolm.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am in the biggest James Neal mood since I don't know when. This chapter was originally titled, "That Sexy Jerk Neal", but I decided against it.

P.S I'm thinking of starting another James Neal story. Just something for you all to chew on ;)