Fragile Hearts

Letter

Brian sighs softly as he unlocks the front door, hoping that today is the day that Michelle finally decided to come home. He didn't really understand why at first, all his wife said was that she needed some time to think about things.

What things, he wasn't exactly sure of.

"'Chelle?" He calls out, closing the door behind him. "Babe, you home?"

No answer, Brian just shakes his head, continuing on to the kitchen. He grabs a bottle of beer from the fridge, planning on just relaxing for the rest of the day when he sees the note on the counter.

Brian.


Brian's forehead creases with confusion as he picks the small piece of paper up, unfolding it.

I tried, I really did. But I can't do this anymore. I can't. I'm so sorry.

-Michelle


What?

Did he really just read that right?

Brian's eyes scan over the letter a million more times as a tattooed hand pushes the chocolate brown hair out of his eyes frantically.

Is she serious?

Everything was fine between Michelle and Brian last time he checked. Hell, he was just looking after her mom a few days last week and even her mother seemed chill about everything.

What the hell?

Brian whips out his cell phone, dialing her number off by heart. But all it does is go to voice mail.

"Hey, 'Chelle. It's me, Brian. Uhm, I'd really like to know what the hell this is all about so can you either please call me back or come over?"

He hangs up, biting his lips. That message sucked. She might think he's mad at her or something.

The voice mail picks up his call again.

"Babe, please. I'm not mad, I just- please come home. I really miss you. We can talk this through."

Next plan of action: call Matt.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, is Val by any chance with Michelle or is Michelle over there right now?"

There's a short pause. "Um, no. Sorry man." Matt sighs. "I wish I could help. I really do."

Brian frowns. What is that supposed to mean?

"Yeah. Right. No problem. Thanks, Matt."

Wow, Brian shakes his head in disbelief. Nice one.

He takes a long overdue swig of his beer, wondering just what the hell is he going to do now.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story :) Chapters will be much longer than this, and better.
Tell me what you think?