Window Seats

Waterloo to Anywhere

I quickly wrapped the knitted scarf around my cold neck. I absolutely loathed having to use the underground so early in the morning and in the middle of winter.

I shook my head to get rid of the tiny drops of water that were falling all around. The only thing I would complain about in respect to living in London would be the rain that seemed to make its presence known in the worst of times. I was already running late and the rain was just delaying my walk.

I stood silently on the platform, watching the people walk hurriedly inside and out of the station. I wanted to just leave the station and go back home like many were doing. I impatiently waited on the platform and smiled once I saw the blurry faces of the passengers go by, not even bothered by the annoying voice telling me to mind the gap.

I waited until everyone was off and quickly went to sit next to the window. I liked looking outside and seeing the faces of people whenever they stopped, but most of all no one bothered me while I did so. I wouldn’t want anyone to bother me during my alone time, the only time from seven in the morning to three in the afternoon I had to just think and enjoy silence. To say it was a moment I cherished would be an understatement.

I stared out the window, my breath making foggy as someone sat next to me. I shrugged it off as I continued looking outside. It was the time I used to just observe everything around. I could faintly hear the humming of a familiar Doors' song by my ear.

My lips moved in sync to the humming, Hello, I love you won’t you tell me your name, hello I love you let me jump in your game. My lips pressed into a tight line as I heard him chuckle next to me. Not so much from being possibly laughed at, but from embarrassment.

“What is your name?” he asked.

I said nothing as I brought my fingers up to the window, clearing the fog my breath had caused.

He slumped forward, his long finger tapping on his black jeans an unfamiliar tune. I turned towards the window as the next stop came into view; the blurry faces passing by quickly. He quickly scribbled something down on a sheet of paper.

I felt him stand up as the doors opened and as he did a small piece of paper landed on my lap. I quickly looked up, seeing him for the first time. His hair was a shade of dark brown, parted and styled nicely even though the weather would have led it to become unruly. He smiled quickly and waved his hand before walking off and onto the platform.

I adverted my gaze down to my lap where I unfolded the sheet of paper.

Window seats fog your perception
-x

I frowned quickly before folding the small note up and placing it into my purse, my face immediately turning towards the window again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had originally posted this story about 2-3 years ago with the same name and same plot. I never did actually finish it and deleted it because it felt really weird writing fan fiction for some reason. But it's back again, rising from the ashes like a pheonix. Except it's not a fanfiction anymore, but I hope you guys like it nonetheless.