If I Die Tomorrow

3

Ugh. If there is anything I hate photographing, it's senior pictures. Especially if it's a bratty senior who's the sibling of other bratty seniors I've photographed before.

I was in the process of photographing whatever her name was and trying not to hug her or her parents until their heads popped off. Note to self: never do senior pictures again. Too many bratty seniors or snobby parents who give their bratty kids whatever they want.

Luckily she wanted to be photographed outside which was good for me. Love photographing outside. I had her sitting on the edge of this dock with her feet dangling into the water and her shoes sitting next to her. She was looking back at me and I had a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I saw how her blonde hair caught the light from the sun amazingly. I photographed her a few times that way when my phone went off. I stood up and grabbed my phone. “Give me five minutes to take this call. It won't cut into your time,” I told her.

“Better not,” she said in a bratty tone. Ugh.

I nodded and answered, “Hello. You've reached Leezie Photography. This is Natalia Becker speaking.”

“Hello Natalia,” a male voice said, “Is it possible that I have five minutes of your time?”

“Yes. How may I help you?” I asked.

“Good. My name's David. I'm going to skip straight to the point with what I want. Our photographer left to take of personal matters and suggested having you replace him. He showed us some of your work from Warped Tour a couple months ago and I would like it if you would be our new touring photographer,” David explained.

Touring photographer?! No way! “You want me to photograph for you?” I asked.

“Yes. Well, the band I manage anyway. Our last photographer spoke highly of you when you met at Warped Tour. Do you remember a Carl?” he asked.

Carl Carl Carl... Oh yeah! “Yes. I remember him, sir,” I replied.

“Well, would it be possible to meet up with you later this week to get everything finalized? The band has a European tour coming up in two weeks and we need photographer as soon as possible.”

“Of course.” I grabbed my iPod to look at my calendar, “How does Wednesday sound? Around two?”

“Perfect.”

We finalized the plans for the meeting and he let me get back to my photo shoot. I walked back over to the brat and her parents. “Sorry about that. It was a business call,” I explained.

Her parents just rolled their eyes and the girl said, “Whatever. Let's just get back to taking pictures of me.”

After a half an hour, I sent them off with a disc of the pictures. Yep. I am never doing senior portraits again.

***

“Oh my god David called you?!” Candace asked as we sat around the living room at my mom's house.

“Yup. Still don't know who he is,” I replied.

“He's Tokio Hotel's manager. He's the reason they're famous,” she replied before getting on her laptop.

I heard a chuckle from behind me and saw my mom. “Candace and her German boys,” she said.

“They're German?” I asked.

“Yes! Weren't you listening to me when I told you and Laurie?” she asked.

“Yes?” I replied, even though it was more or less a question.

She sighed. “What?! My snow cone was really really good,” I told her.

She shook her head. “I wonder about you, Nat. I really do,” she said.

I shrugged. “Oh well. The band was nice. One of them found my lens cap for me,” I said like it was no big deal.

Candace's eyes widened. “What?! Which one?! What did he look like?! Why didn't you tell me this?!” she asked.

“Candace, calm down and she'll tell you,” my mom told her.

“Thank you, Mom,” I said. I looked at Candace and replied, “The guitarist. Can't remember his name.”

“Tom?! Lucky!” she said.

“Yeah. Tom. He was really nice,” I told her.

She stuck her tongue out at me. “You're so lucky, you know that?”

I shrugged. “I get to photograph what I love. It's great.”

“Still lucky.”

I chuckled at her. “Anyways, dinner's ready if you girls are hungry,” Mom said.

We both looked at her. “Food?” we asked at the same time.

Mom shook her head. “If I didn't know better, I would say you two were twins,” she said before going into the kitchen.

I looked at Candace, who looked back at me, before we raced into the kitchen.