Status: College is around the corner so I try to update as frequently as I can!

Silver Confetti

002

That morning had continued on much like anyone would of expected. After each man had their full of two bowls of sugary cereal, they held light conversation until they were comfortably shifting positions from their spot in the kitchen to the lounge area. They’ve each been up for close to half-an-hour and not much had yet to be said.

Not much needed to be said.

The youngest started to put the food items away to keep from spoiling and followed the older, who held each of their mugs, onto the longer couch that faced the television. He rested his head, still a bit drowsy, dutifully on his boyfriend’s shoulder until the latter had finished up the last of his coffee. He had slept with a sweatshirt during the night, a form fitting black one with a silver wolf imprint, but watching the sun fail to open past the overcasted clouds awoke his senses to the air prickling at his exposed skin. He had stayed up very late replying to various people on his blog page and the shake of not getting the necessary sleep had began to kick in.

Yet all it took was one shiver on his part for the older man to abandon his drink. He took hold of his boyfriend’s waist and reclined their sitting position until his back was pressed firmly to the back of the leather couch. The eldest played big spoon, grabbing the crocheted afgan off the cushion to wrap around the both of them and handed the remote control to his companion.

Adventure Time was selected from an aray of cartoon channels which were broadcasted to entertain the primary kids before being sent off to school. But these “men” were still very much young boys at heart and spent all of that morning laughing right along at the brightly drawn characters keeping a strong hold on where they lay.

Unlike other people of their age group, these two shared a very blessed life, free of some the responsibilities that are usually associated with being in your twenties. Phil, as brought up before, was 25; but no office was about to call him in early today. There was no nine-to-five schedule to make, trying to beat work traffic, to make busy with himself in a suit for a day. And Dan, the youngest at 21, had no morning class for University he had to rush to make. There was no cramming over a last second doughnut from the inside of a white washed dorm hall. No worry over revision, upcoming exams, pain in the neck professors, or long assignments at all. He had his wonderful alternative. The alternative that would never of been attainable without the guidance of the amazing human behind him.

He tuned the sounds of the show out and let himself just focus on being so close to that human.

There was a stream of hazelnut breath being blown past his neck while a steady heartbeat pressed rhythemically against his shoulderblade. One arm had been laying across his waist and the hand that belonged to it was nestled around his to secure them inside their blanket. Another hand, sometime ago, had found it’s way to his hair; fingers playing losely with the dark brown strands.

A warmth that was unachievable before had finally washed over him. He let that warmth, accompanied by all of their memories, finally drift him to sleep.

~~~

Two, three, maybe four episodes of the cartoon had came and went before Phil had noticed the lack of amusement coming from his boyfriend. The hand that was grasping securly onto his own had lost it’s grip and the breathing from the body’s chest had evened. From his angle on the headrest he could make out Dan’s right profile and noticed his eyes lightly flicker behind their sealed lids. A full rosy color had made it’s way back to his cheeks, but the small, satisfied smile was really what had him rest assured his boy was currently enjoying pleasant dreams.

From the entertainment stand, that held the x-box and t.v., he could make out a small digital clock that had just recently turned half past eleven.

He knew it was still a little too early to start considering lunch, and he didn’t yet have the heart to wake his sleeping beauty. If Phil moved to become productive Dan would be right along side him, whether putting in a thoughtful opinon or a helping hand. It wouldn’t do, not just because he already knew Dan would be running on empty, but because his current responsibility was a pressing matter that couldn’t involve him.

He didn’t need a calendar to remember that December was well on its way. It was one of, if not thee most, important month to circulate in their year. Around the world the twelth month meant winter vacation, holidays, change of weather, and the start of the new date. There was an international spirit of joy and excitement for the promised future up ahead. It was time for family, friends, and lovers to express the feeling they privately possessed. It’s Earth’s claim to fame.

Many beautiful lights burn to illuminate the night sky like a neon sign pointing to the heavens. Voices can be heard from continent to continent that never cease to raise in order to let the good energy in. It’s hard to not be open to the love that fills the air. It’s difficult to look past this year just the same way it was impossible to reject that fateful December three years ago. Quality time in their own oasis led two friends to become accustomed to their obvious realizations, and in that safe haven made a cherished pact.

December marked a special anniversay for the boys. The completion of the third year would no question have to be marked with a very special gift. A gift that would explain all of the emotions Phil had still not quite found the words to speak. They shared many unforgettable moments together, and one might think all of the feelings would somehow already have found themselves said. But each day with Dan was an adventure to Phil. Each hour exposed something new to fall in love with all over again.

The boy simply amazed him.

In return, he just had to find an equally amazing gift. Something to give back to the boy that would hopefully fill his heart with at least a tenth of what he has unknowingly already given back to him.

But… what could that present possibly be?
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally two lil' chapters that are better off combined in one.

Music: Right By My Side - Nicki Minaj