He Made Everything Better

The Day It All Started

She sat there, nervous. Her hands already sweaty; she wasn’t a very confident girl normally but this took it to the next level, she was going to an interview in which she hadn’t properly prepared for.
After 30 minutes or so the young girl before her left and she was ushered into a room where a man sat, he was wearing a black suit, white shirt and blue tie. Beth thought he looked like he was in his 40’s early 50’s but she felt that it was not important to know exactly his age. She sat down on the chair adjacent from his. There was an eerie silence in the room which was quickly broken by the man.
The interview began and Beth was asked quite a few questions mainly along the line of ‘have you had any experience of working in a café?’ and ‘would you say you have good people skills?’
Beth came out of the interview expecting for her too have not gotten the job, she only really went since she needed the money, her rent was due and she had literally nothing left in her savings.
Beth slowly made her way back to her flat where she kicked of her shoes and laid down on the couch to watch the soaps.
Just as Corrie was finishing the phone began too ring. Beth jumped in shock and quickly scrambled too her feet, before grabbing the phone and answering.
“Hello?”
“Hello, I believe this is Beth Smith am I right?”
“Urm yes, yes that’s me can I help you?”
“Well i was just calling you to inform you that you got the job, Mr Haddock thought you had magnificent people skills and that you would be a great addition to the team, that is if you still want the job?”
“Of course”
“Well I will see you 9am Monday morning sharp, goodbye Beth” And then she hung up.
Beth clutched the phone in her hands, not quite believing what had just happened. A grin spread across her pale face, she let out an excited squeal and began jumping round her living room frantically.
***
It was Monday morning; Beth woke up to the sound of her alarm beeping. She looked up to see it was only 6am she hit snooze and went back to sleep.
The next time her alarm went off it was 7am, she rubbed her eyes and pushed the covers back. She got out of bed, stretched and slowly made her way towards the bathroom. Once there she looked in the mirror and sighed. She started the shower and hopped into it letting the hot, clean water hit every part of her body. After washing herself and her hair, she got out and wrapped her hair and herself in a towel before making her way back into her room.
After about 10 minutes of debating she finally decided she would wear black skinny jeans and a plain black V neck top. She pulled on her black converse, pinned her perfectly wavy hair to the side and then applied a little make-up before heading to the kitchen where she had her morning coffee.
It was 8am when she left for her first day at work; words could not describe how nervous yet excited she was.
When she arrived she found she was at least half an hour early, she decided just too wait in the car and listen to music. She was slowly getting lost in the lyrics too Black Veil Brides ‘Rebel Love Song’ when someone tapped on the car window, snapping her back to reality and scaring her shitless.
She looked up to find a young man standing there, his dark brown eyes looking straight into her sea blue ones. After a while Beth realised she was just staring so she decided to roll down her window to see what this guy wanted.
“Hi, can I help you?” she asked smiling at him.
“Hi, urm… well are you urm… Beth?” he asked playing with his beanie nervously.
“Urm yes, why if I may ask?” she said watching him pull about his beanie.
“Oh, well I’m opening up the café now so I was wondering if you wanted to come inside I could show you how to work everything?”
Beth just smiled and said “yes that would be nice, thank you”
She got out of her car and grabbed her bag before following the guy into the café. He opened up and keyed in the alarm like he owned the place. Beth just looked around in awe, she had never seen this place empty and so quiet, and she was in her own little world until she was snapped out of it by the guy speaking.
“Urm sorry what did you say?” she said blushing slightly
He repeated himself, “my names Alex it’s nice to meet you”. He held out his hand and she shook it.
***
Her first day of work was over, Beth was exhausted and she just wanted to go home. It was time for her to leave she grabbed her bag and bid everyone good night before getting in her car and heading home. It was only when she was lay on the couch that she received a text;
From, UNKNOWN NUMBER;
Hey, how was your first day ;) x
She looked at it, confusion was written all over her face no one knew about the job, how could they she had no one to tell, she decided to reply;
To, UNKNOWN NUMBER;
Hi, it went well thank you, who is this?
From, UNKNOWN NUMBER;
Oh sorry its Alex, I hope u don’t mind I took your number from the application form you filled in but shh no one will ever know ;) x
Beth smiled to herself and decided it is best if she saved his number so she knew who it was in future.
To, ALEX;
How do you know I’m not going to tell on you ;)
She smiled to herself as she waited a reply, the banter and flirtatious texts continued until Beth could no longer keep her eyes open she told Alex good night and she curled up in bed and slowly drifted off into her dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so been debating for a long time over whether i should post this or not but i thought why not haha any comments would be much appriciated :) xxxxxxxx