He Made Everything Better

As Life Carried On

The few days that followed were very similar to the first, even though Beth knew almost everyone that worked in the café every morning she would sit in her car and wait for that one person. Alex. And every morning he would be there ready to walk her into work and help her set up and at the end of each shift he would walk her back to her car, hug her and then scurry away. The late night texting also continued, not that Beth minded. Each day the pair got closer and closer.
***
It was late November; Beth had been working at the café for just over a month now. Beth woke up same as she did every morning, her alarm screaming down her ear playing whatever shit was on the radio. She hit the off button and quickly got ready for work. She skipped downstairs and collected the mail, “oh brilliant more bills” she thought as she quickly went through looking over each envelope before throwing them all onto the small coffee table in front of her TV. She grabbed her bag, coat and keys before heading out the door.
The drive to work wasn’t long as there wasn’t much traffic; Beth pulled into the car park and sat there waiting for Alex.
15 minutes passed, throughout which she constantly checked her phone but all she saw was nothing. Where was he? Why wasn’t he there?
After another 5 minutes Beth gave up and got out too walk into the café. Alone. She opened the door to find Julie setting up, she said a quiet hi before putting her stuff into her cubby before helping set up the shop.
That day dragged on, as soon a 5pm hit Beth sped out of there quicker than ever, she was home within 10 minutes.
She laid on the sofa after just finishing her take out dinner when suddenly the doorbell rang, she groaned and pulled herself up from the comfort of her sofa before trudging her way over to the door. “Who the fuck is it and what do you wa- she stopped when she noticed who it was stood outside her door. “Alex, what… what are you doing here?” she asked looking at him with a slightly confused look.
He rubbed his fore arm nervously, after about a minute or so he finally said “ Beth come too a party with me? Pretty please” he begged. Beth just sighed and nodded. Alex looked her and a grin grew on his face, he jumped up and down enclosing her into a tight hug, once released Beth ran upstairs and got ready, Alex just strode over to the couch and sat down.
After about 10 minutes or so Beth emerged from downstairs to find Alex wrapped up in some sponge bob episode so much she had too literally shove him in the side to get him out of the mini trance he was in. “how do I look ?” she asked. Alex stood up, his eyes roamed up and down her several times, his mouth quickly forming an O shape. Beth just laughed and dragged him out of the house.
It was only in the car that Alex turned to her and said “you look amazing, you look absolutely beautiful”. Beth felt the blood quickly rush too her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys so this one was just a filler, needed a way to get them to the club hehe :) anyway thanks too all the readers love you all would love you even more if you commented ;) xxxx