Status: slow and steady

Ice Cold

December,20

"So again what the hell am i listening to?" Jon asks slipping on the head phones, after i captured that voice i had spencer isolate it, "You can totally hear a response . This entity says ' hello my name is ryan.'" I inform him hitting play on the audio, he listens slowly nodding as the audio is highlighted. "Well Gabe wasn't joking this ghost must like you," he laughs placing the headphones on the table "haha funny man," i say sarcastically pushing him out of the way so i can turn the computer off.

"Alright we should probably join Spencer and Haylee at the library," i mumble checking my watch. He sighs getting to his feet "My car or yours?" He asks slipping on his coat "mine," He simply nods as we fie out the door. Sliding into my car i feel calm and relaxed, turning on the engine i smile pulling out onto the road.

"So your first clear E.V.P how's that feel?" I laugh "how do you think it feels Jon? It's pretty fucking great i mean we've gotten E.V.P's before but never this clear..." he nods as we turn the corner the library coming into sight, pulling up along the curb i take the keys out and follow Jon to the large oak doors, inside the place is almost deserted other than a few people scattered here and there.

We find Spencer and Haylee near the back computer's spencer typing away while Haylee's going through old books, "so how's the research coming?" i ask sliding up to Haylee's table "we'll there were a few disappearances but those were all solved and none of the victims had that name..." I sigh picking up one of the books "well let's keep going guys two more hours than we'll go for a lunch break."

They all sigh as we all start going through our books and the internet, i try to focus on my book but i'm drawn to the computer. Placing the book down i get up and take a seat in front of a computer i type in missing persons for the area and the next town, it comes up with thirty five for the past two years.I scroll until one picture pops out, ' Ryan R.'

This guy is very good looking but what stops me are his honey eyes, something about them feels as if they've actually been on me before.... "What's that?" Spencer inquires leaning over my shoulder, "I don't know but i think this is it..." What i honestly have no clue but it seems like this guy is the ghost..."dude i know him!" i turn slightly surprised at this new information.

"What?!" he sighs "until last year we were living together, i filed the missing persons report before i moved here because he hadn't come back to the apartment after four days.... Fuck the case is still open," his voice drops and suddenly i feel like an ass hole. "Spencer i'm sorry for bringing it up do you need the day off?" He sighs leaning back in his chair .

"No it's just... When we got the recording i couldn't place my finger on it, but i knew i recognized it... Fuck i was hoping he had just left but then again that's not who he was," he pauses "no wonder the ghost likes you if it is Ryan you certainly are his type." I raise an eye brow and spencer gives a sad smile "your attractive and a good person, your what he would have wanted but as i know far to well from many a night in the E.R he never found that 'good guy' he wanted."

This case has suddenly gotten way more personal than it should be, "Come on spencer were going for a drive..." he doesn't object just follows me to my car, i'm glad i still have the recorder in my pocket. "Where are we going bren?" I exhale slowly "were going to see if this ghost does in fact know you..." "Brendon i don't want to know because that just means i lost one of my best friends and i'm content thinking he's off somewhere with a new boyfriend..."

I nod "i know but we need to know this so we can figure out how he ended up here if it is him." We pull up in front of Gabe and Williams place, Gabe is attending to the flowers,we get out and even though he's reluctant spencer comes with me "Hey Gabe ," he looks up and smiles "hey guys what can i help you with?"

"Can we possibly do a quick E.V.P in the spare room?" he shrugs and i feel eyes on me as we stand with Gabe "go for it williams out so you won't be disturbed." We thank him and head upstairs were nearly to the room when i feel fingers running along my arm ; and there too thin to be Spencer's. "Brendon ...." I sigh "i promise spencer you won't have to continue working this case if it's your friend., paid three week vacation." He nods as we slip into the guest room it's ice cold, i close the door before we seat our selves on the bed.

I pull out the recorder and hit play "alright Ryan were back, just a few questions today, first off do you know my buddy here?" We wait a minute before spencer decides to ask the next question "Did you want to come home?" three minutes pass before i date the tape and rewind it.

I hit play and we listen there's a lot of static but then it stops a voice emerging and leaving both spencer and i in shock...

'Of course i know spencer we were room mates for nearly seven years...I did want to come home Spin i did but he wouldn't let me... I'm so sorry spin...'