Status: slow and steady

Ice Cold

December.21-22

The ride back to the library was quiet, and i couldn't blame spencer for not saying a word all the way; i mean he just learned his friend was fucking murdered and is haunting the house were investigating."I'm going to let the guys know your going on holiday..." He lifts his hand "No i need to help find out who did this to him, i owe him this much...." His voice is soft and his pale blue eyes are focused on the dashboard and i sigh rubbing the back of my neck. "okay," we finally go back to the others and i guess they could feel the vibe because not even jon said anything.By the time we get back to the office it's six thirty five "Why don't we just head home tonight? It's been a long day we should get some rest and start fresh tomorrow..."

Nobody questions it or even asks why, we all just get into our separate cars and drive to our homes. I take the long way to clear my head, plus I don't really have anyone waiting so why rush? I park on the street and slowly climb out. I slip inside the house and shut my eyes , the silence is absorbing. Heaving a sigh i take off my shoes and toss my coat onto the coat rack, i make my way through the rooms until i reach my bed, as soon as i do i flop down not bothering to change i'm too exhausted to change....

*DREAM*

It's dark and i can't really see anything, i smell gasoline and dirt... I"m walking along a road i realize , it stretches far into the invisible horizon. 'brrrreeeeennnnndddooooonnn...' someone calls for me but i don't recognize the voice at all, i do a turn and come face to ,face with a pair of honey eyes... The ones that had been looking back at me from the poster, my heart stops but... I'm not afraid, at least not noticeably, his eyes smile at me and it's only now that his eyes are the only thing in front of me. No face, no body nothing but his eyes. "I..I.." i sputter out my words falling to where i imagine his feet would be, 'help meeee......' it's a drawled out whisper from invisible lips and this is when i scream...

*END DREAM*

I wake up to my own screams sweat rolling down my temple in beads, i glance at the clock it's eight in the morning... Jesus. h . christ.... I run my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath "well fucking hell..." I mutter carefully climbing out of bed.. I make my way to the bathroom and splash water on my face, god this is fucked up... I"m turning the water off when my phone buzzez, i step out and grab the cordless off the dresser. "Hello?" "hey dude where are you were all ready..." I sigh "i'll be there in five.." i click it off before he can say anything else they are not going to believe me when i tell them...