Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

I'm Not Running Away, I've Been Fighting This So Long

As soon as his car pulled out of the driveway, I bolted to my closet, and began filling my suitcases with as many of my belongings as possible.

About 20 minutes later, I heard the slam of car doors. Running to the window, I looked out to see Mikey and Gerard walking up the driveway. I rushed to the front door and left it open, leaving them to find their way into the house.

I ran back to my room to finish packing my clothes. After I was satisfied, I grabbed any of my personal belongings in the bedroom, and packed them amongst my clothes to prevent them from being damaged.

I zipped up my two suitcases, and lugged them into the front room, where Gerard and Mikey were placing the last of my belongings into boxes. Mikey gave me a small smile as he noticed me, before taking my bags and walking out to pack them in the car. I pulled the sleeves of my long sleeved tee over my hands, before I took Mikey's spot in gathering my belongings. By the time he got back, Gerard and I were finished, and taping the boxes shut. They each grabbed a box and packed them out to the car as I walked into the kitchen. I fished the ring of keys out my pocket, and set them gingerly on the counter.

As I set them down, my gaze connected with the ring nestled on my left hand. I stared at it, wondering if I was making the right decision. This relationship was all I had known for the past five years. I didn't know anything else. All I knew was that I was unhappy, and that was driving force enough.

I slipped the ring off my finger, and left it next to keys, and left without a second glance, knowing if I did, it was quite possible my resolve would break.

I slipped on my shoes, and walked out into the brisk New Jersey air. This would probably be the last time I experienced the harsh weather.

Gerard and Mikey were leaned against the grill of the car, talking quietly as I approached. Mikey pulled me into a hug, before passing me to Gerard. Pulling out the keys, Mikey opened the back door for me, leading me inside. Gerard climbed in next to me, wrapping his arms around me in much needed comfort, as Mikey pulled out of the driveway, and began our journey to my new home:

California.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short! And crap! But it's a beginning!

I'm sick of packing for my trip, so I wrote this little thing. I know it's not much.

I might try to write one more chapter before I leave, but I wanted to leave something for the lovely people who have already subscribed. You guys make me smile.

Title Credit: Brompton Cocktail by Avenged Sevenfold