Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

This Love, Hate, Sex, Pain, Its Underestimated Lies

Brian’s hand was fisted at my side as he led me through his house, Pinkly cradled tight to my chest. He was still tense after our run in with Michelle outside the pet store, and had yet to speak.

Once we reached his living room, Brian’s arm dropped from my waist, before he took a seat on the black leather couch, leaning forward and burying his face in his hands. I stood in the entry, unsure of what to do, until Brian sighed, and patted the space next to him, not meeting my gaze.

I sat cross-legged on the couch and placed Pinkly in my lap, running my fingers through her curly hair as I waited for Brian to speak. After few more minutes, Brian began to speak.

“Michelle was my last girlfriend. Being Val’s twin sister, I’ve known her for most of my life. She had always been obsessed with me, and I always just brushed her off. One night, we had just finished making our third album, City of Evil, and were having a huge barbeque at Matt’s house to celebrate our accomplishment. I drank far too much that night, and ended up kissing Michelle on the porch, before she dragged me to one of the spare rooms. After that, people just assumed we were together, and neither of us corrected them.

“After a few months, my feelings grew for her, and we turned our “friends with benefits” title in for a real relationship, and things were perfect. But over time, Michelle began to change. She was more distant than she had ever been before. She would disappear for hours, claiming she had to stay late at work.” Brian let out a deep sigh, rubbing his face with his hands, before grabbing one of mine, holding it between his larger ones.

“We went on a long tour for City of Evil, getting to visit Europe. I was gone for two months, and decided to fly home early in hopes of surprising her. I booked a late flight, planning on slipping in the house about two in the morning, and be lying next to her when she woke up.

“But as I walked into our bedroom, Michelle was awake, wearing a shirt I could only guess belonged to the nearly naked man who had his arm wrapped around her frame.” My jaw dropped as Brian’s gaze dropped the floor. I could not believe she could do something so heartless to a man as amazing as Brian. He laughed without humor, before continuing.

“I was so lost in rage, I don’t remember anything after that. I just remember being woken by Zacky the next day, lying in my backyard, half a bottle of Jack Daniels clutched in my hand. I’ve resented her ever since,” he finished, staring out at the beach through the wide window across the room. I placed Pinkly in his lap, before shifting closer and wrapping my arms around his torso. I kissed his cheek, before whispering in his ear.

“You did nothing to deserve that Brian. She was a heartless bitch, who didn’t deserve a man as incredible as you. If she threw away someone so remarkable, she’s got to be completely crazy.” I smiled, feeling the small rumble of Brian’s laughter, before he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

“Do you have plans for tonight?” he asked, pulling me tighter against my body.

“Not yet,” I replied, scratching behind Pinkly’s ear.

“How would you like to spend it with me eating junk food and watching TV? I just bought the new season of The Big Bang Theory,” he spoke, laughing at the grin that crossed my face.

“Yes!” I yelled, hugging him tightly, and snuggling closer to his side, Pinkly laying across our touching thighs.

I could definitely get use to this…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the suck-tastic quality of this chapter. It's short, and fillerish. Tonight is our homecoming dance, with I am being dragged too against my will.

But I have the majority of this story all planned out, and it's going to started getting exciting in a chapter or two. So look out for that.

*Title Credit: Love, Hate, Sex, Pain by Godsmack