Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

Good Day to Be Alive, Sir

I started my first day of work at Vengeance University today, and I was nervous to say the least. I had dressed casually, in a flowing tank top and red pants, and on Elizabeth’s insistence, added a pair of heels to complete my outfit.

Since I still didn’t have a car, Brian offered to drive me to the office building Zacky had purchased in downtown Huntington, rather than working out of his basement.

As I waited for Brian to show up, I sat at the breakfast bar listening to a few of the demos Gerard sent me for their next album, which was set for release in less than a month. I was in the middle of listening to my favorite track, Mama, when Brian knocked, before letting himself in.

“Good morning beautiful,” he said, walking over and wrapping his arm around my waist. “What are you listening to?”

“Good morning Bri,” I said quietly, blushing slightly at his compliment. “I was listening to some of My Chem’s demos for their new album. I’m really impressed with their work.” I closed out of iTunes, before shutting my laptop, beginning to pack it up.

“When we start recording our next album, you’ll have to tag along some day. It’s a lot of fun.”

“I’d love that,” I replied with a smile, placing my purse on my shoulder.

“Ready to go?” Brian asked, pushing himself off the breakfast bar. I nodded my head and grabbed my laptop case. I gasped as Brian’s arms wrapped around my waist from behind, pulling me tight against his body.

“You look gorgeous, as always,” he whispered in my ear, before kissing the top of my head, and taking my laptop case out of my hand, and setting it on the counter.

“I got something for you while I was out yesterday,” Brian spoke, reaching into his back pocket, retrieving a small opaque box. He flipped open the lid to reveal a small clover pendent.

“I remembered one day we talking, and you said in passing how much you loved four leaf clovers, and this made me think of you, so you can have a little good luck on your first day. Even though I know you won’t need it.” He fished the pendent out of the box, before walking behind me, and clasping the gold chain around my neck. I quickly turned around to meet his gaze.

“It’s stunning Brian. Thank you,” I smiled, running my fingers over the small grooves etched in the pendent.

“You’re welcome,” he grinned, before grabbing my laptop case again, and leading us out to his car.

Within ten minutes, we were parked in front of a small brick building, right off of Main Street. Brian held open the door, and I let out a quiet gasp at the office’s interior. The whole office was dimly lit, the bases of black and white giving the space a minimalistic feel, with enough green accents to keep the room from looking dull. I was impressed.

“Lily, Brian!” I turned to the source of the voice, seeing Zacky walk through an open doorway in the back of the office. He pulled us each into a quick hug, before turning to me.

“So, are you ready to get started?” he asked, grinning. I nodded my head, and let him lead me to a large desk, the only thing on top of it a large Mac computer.

“This will be your desk. You’re basically the manager of the company, you’ll run the office, answer phones, place orders, simple things like that. Brian also said that you had a minor in graphic design, correct?” I nodded my head, glancing at Brian, who simply grinned.

“Then your first job will be to design a website, because the one I created is difficult to use, and looks like shit.

“I also never refuse shirt ideas, so if you have any ideas, please feel free to run them by me. I’ll be in the office every day, even if it’s just for a quick check up, but I’ll be in and out until we start recording the beginning of next year. We can start going over the ropes tomorrow, and ease you into it. But do you feel up to starting work on the website today?”

“Yeah, of course,” I said, unable to keep the grin off my face. I couldn’t believe I was being given such an amazing opportunity. Zacky nodded, before opening one of the drawers in the desk, pulling out a binder and a flash drive.

“Here’s a drive with different logos and shirt designs on it. In the binder, there’s a page for every shirt, that lists the description, available sizes, everything you’ll need to know. You can get started whenever you’re ready. I need to go meet up with Gena, but here’s a key lock up when you and Gates are ready to go,” he said, pulling his car keys from his pocket. “Gates, I brought the guitar you left at my house a few days ago, it’s in the back room, if you want it. See you guys later,” he said, before pushing open the door and walking out of the office.

For the next few hours, I looked through a few of the shirt designs and logos, formulating how I wanted the website to look. Before I knew it, it was four o’clock, and Brian suggested head back to my apartment. I put away my materials, and locked up the office, before Brian drove us home.

I invited Brian for dinner, to thank him for driving me to work. I made spaghetti, which was easy, but delicious. After dinner, Brian put in my favorite movie, Tommy Boy, and I snuggled into his side, for the first time in my life, feeling completely content.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lily's Outfit (and necklace)

*Title Credit: No Leaf Clover (Live) by Metallica