Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

They Walk Pretty Good Hand in Hand

Halfway through the movie, I noticed Brian wasn’t paying attention. Rather, his head rested on top of mine, and his eyes were focused on the wall, lost in thought. I pulled back slightly from his embrace, and placed my hand on the side of his face, directing him to looking at me.

“What’s wrong Brian?” I asked, looking into his eyes. He had been fine before we started the movie; I didn’t understand what could have set him off between then and now. He sighed, turning his head slightly to kiss my palm, before pulling my hand from his face, placing our linked hands between us.

“Nothing is wrong. I was just thinking…” he paused, staring off into space.

“You didn’t hurt yourself, I hope,” I joked, hoping to ease the tension. Brian shot me a playful glare, before continuing.

“On Friday, we’re playing a benefit show in Los Angeles, and I was thinking maybe you would like to go? All the girls are coming along, and you would finally get to see us perform in our natural element. It would be fun,” he smiled nervously, seemingly afraid of my response.

I hadn’t really gone out since the night I met Brian. We usually spent our days outside, and the nights at one of our houses. As I stared into his hopefully eyes, I couldn’t bring myself to say no to him.

“Of course Bri.” Immediately Brian pulled me close, crushing me to his side, I couldn’t help but giggle at how adorable he was being. After a few minutes, Brian lessened his grip, and I rested my head on his shoulder to finish the remainder of the movie.

The week went by quickly. I spent most of my days in the office, designing the website, and going through orientation whenever Zacky was in. Brian came with me nearly every day, spending much of the time watching TV, working on guitar, or sleeping.

Friday was here before I knew it, and I was quickly getting changed for the concert. Gena had offered to pick me up and drive to the venue, and I didn’t want her to have to wait,

I had just finished putting on my shoes, when I heard Gena’s voice in the apartment. I walked into the kitchen and found her leaning against the counter, her phone attached to her ear.

“I just walked into Lily’s apartment, so we’ll be leaving in a minute,” she smiled at me once she noticed my presence, and finished her conversation with who I assumed was Zacky. She turned to me once she was done.

“Ready to go?” she grinned. I nodded, and followed her out the door, stopping to lock the apartment up.

Once we got in the car, Gena handed me a case of CDs, telling me to pick out whatever I wanted. After the flipping through the first few, I landed on Metallica’s self titled album. I grinned as I slid it into her stereo. Gena laughed as the opening chords of Enter Sandman filled the car, and turned the volume up until it was blasting.

We spent the hour long drive singing through the entire album, before we pulled into the parking lot of the venue. Gena called Zacky, who told us to go around the back, where a door was marked “Authorized Personal Only”, and a security guard would be waiting to escort us inside. Gena linked our arms and dragged me across the parking lot. I was amazed she could run so well in heels, as I was struggling to keep myself from falling.

As we reached the door, we were asked for our IDs, before they directed us to the room the boys’ practice room. As I walked into the room, I was pulled close to a tall and lanky body I immediately recognized as Jimmy.

“You came!” he yelled, picking me up and spinning me around. I stumbled as Jimmy set me back on the ground, but I was caught by two strong arms. I smiled as my gaze was met by warm chocolate orbs.

“I’m really glad you came,” Brian said as he pulled me into a hug. I felt him press a kiss into my hair, and I squeezed my arms that I had wrapped around his torso.

“Of course Bri, I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I spoke quietly, before reaching up to press a kiss to his cheek. I quickly made my way around the room, giving everyone a brief hug, before I took a seat next to Brian on the loveseat. They still have 20 minutes before they went on, and Brian had his guitar in his lap, tuning it.

“I learned a new song on guitar a few nights ago. Do you want to hear it?” he asked.

“Of course,” I smiled, pulling my legs up on the couch and twisting so I was facing him, my legs crossed under my body. Brian started playing a few chords, checking the tuning, before launching into the song. I laughed as I recognized it to be my favorite song from Volbeat. When I thought it could not get any better, he began to sing.

Well I heard that the Devil’s walking around
I sold my soul way down in the dirt
I stole it back and am forever in debt

And for a moment I don’t even care
Until I feel his burn on my neck
And maybe even if you feel it to
He’s on a strike and is looking at you

Holding onto his words, but baby
I was an angel become the devil
Still they walk pretty good hand in hand
But baby, I don’t need any of them
Heaven Nor Hell


I laughed as he set the guitar against the couch, grinning at me.

“That was wonderful Bri. Your singing was almost as good as Michael’s.” I laughed at the look of mock horror on his face.

“You mean after all of that, you still love his singing more than mine?!” he asked, shock lacing his tone. I giggled and nodded my head, leaning in to wrap my arms around him. I laughed louder as Brian playfully pushed me away, pouting.

“Aww Bri, I love your voice too. Thank you for learning the song for me,” I pressed my lips to his cheek, before wrapping my arms around his torso. He pulled me closer, laughing under his breath, before Jason Berry came in, telling the boys it was time for the show. Brian sighed and pressed a kiss to my temple, before releasing me from his grip and helping me stand.

“The girls usually watch from the side of the stage, but if it gets too loud for you, or you don’t feel like watching, just tell one of the men in the back, they’ll bring you back to this room,” Brian told me as we walked us up to the stage. Even from where we were standing, I could hear the fans chanting Sevenfold, Sevenfold. I smiled before nodding my head, taking his hands in mine.

“Have a good show Bri,” I said in his ear, before pressing another kiss to his cheek. He grinned, kissing my forehead, before running out onto the stage.

I smiled, watching him interact with both the boys on stage, as well as the fans. He was full of energy, it was obvious that he belonged on stage. I remembered a conversation we had a few weeks ago, he had originally planned on being a studio guitarist, before Jimmy convinced him to join the band. Watching him now, I knew he never could have been confined to just the studio. His talent was far too great for that.

I still didn’t know many of their songs, but I sang along with the few that I knew. Throughout all of my favorite song, Seize the Day, I kept catching Brian’s eye. He would smile slightly, and stare at me, before returning his gaze to the crowd. After Seize the Day, they finished with one more song, before they all ran off the stage.

All of the girls ran over to their significant other, and one by one slowly walked back to the practice room. I looked around for Brian, not seeing him anywhere. I was about ask one of the roadies if they had seen where he had gone, before two hands snaked up and covered my eyes.

“Guess who?” someone whispered in my ear. I immediately took their hands in mine and pulled them down, instantly recognizing the “Marlboro” tattooing. Brian intertwined our hands, before leading us down the hallway.

“We’re going out to a local bar in a few minutes. Do you want to come with, or do you want me to take you home?” he asked. I knew he hadn’t hung out with his friends for awhile, since he was usually with me, so I told him I would come.

An hour later, we sat in the back of a small bar, assorted drinks littering the table. I just stuck with a Coke. Over the course of the night, the couples dispersed, Matt and Val had gone to sit at the bar, Zacky, Johnny, Gena and Lacey had gone over to the lone pool table to play a game, and Jimmy and Leana had gone God knows where.

Brian and I had moved into a smaller booth near the pool table to watch the game. Brian was leaned up against the wall, and I sat between his legs, my back resting against his chest. I felt Brian sigh, before whispering my name. I turned my body so I could see his face.

“Yeah Bri?” I asked, suddenly worried by his nervous expression.

“I was wondering if maybe sometime, you’d go out with me?” he bit his lip, looking uneasy.

“Like, as friends, or on a date?” I asked. I tried to remain calm, but that was proving very hard for me to do.

“A-a date. I know you’re probably scared, because you haven’t been on a date in years, and your last relationship was hard, but you know I’m nothing like him and I’d never hurt you an-“ I cut of his rambling by placing my hand over his lips. As I stared into his eyes, I debated whether it was a good idea to go or not. On one hand, I was afraid of ending up hurt again. My relationship with Kyle had been all I had ever known, and it wasn’t pleasant. But on the other hand, Brian had proven to be the polar opposite of Kyle. I’d let him in, in ways I hadn’t let anyone else. If I trusted him with my life, why couldn’t I trust him with my heart?

I leaned up and pressed a kiss to Brian’s nose, before moving to whisper in his ear, “I would love to Bri.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's all say it together: FLIPPING. FINALLY.

I hope I didn't rush that, but I've been waiting to write it forever, so there we go. This story is FAR from over. It's just starting to get good.

On another note, I'm beginning to write a new one shot that will be centered around Zacky. And it won't be my normal kind of story. That's all I'm going to say for now. I'll link the story page on this story once I have it more finalized. But it's going to be crazy. I'm super excited.

*Song and Title Credit: Heaven Nor Hell by VOLBEAT