Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

With You It's Something Else That Keeps My Spirit High

Feel the Fire, he’s entering the ring,
His mindset only knows how to win.
This Danish fighter will break you in two,
You will feel all his power!

The Viking Warrior Mikkel Kessler
Will now brand his name
In the back of your head,
You feel the floor again


I groaned at the sound of Volbeat woke me from my peaceful sleep. Lazily, I reached over, grabbing my phone off my nightstand, answering with a groggy hello. I was greeted with a chuckled that, even in my tired state, forced butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

“Good morning beautiful,” Brian said, still chuckling softly. “I’m sorry for waking you up. I figured you would have been up by now.”

“No, it’s okay. I probably should get up anyway,” I replied, slowly sitting up.

“Well…Pinkly and I really misses you. Would you be up for a Sunday at my house?”

“Of course. Just let me shower and get ready. I should be done in like an hour, okay?”

“Take your time Lil. I’ll text you when I’m on my way.” We exchanged a quick goodbye, before hanging up. Dragging myself out of bed, I took a quick shower, before retreating my closet. Figuring the Brian and I wouldn’t be leaving his house for the day, I threw on an old Metallica shirt Mikey had given me, and a pair of skinny jeans, before slipping into a pair of Toms. I quickly blow dried my hair, before my phone vibrated in my back pocket, telling my Brian was on his way.

I grabbed a light sweatshirt out of my closet, before locking up the apartment, and walking out to meet Brian. As I stepped out the door of our building, Brian pulled up next to the curb. I walked quickly to his car and opened up the passenger door, and was greeted by an excited Pinkly and grinning Brian. I smiled back, before carefully picking Pinkly up, and sliding into the car, placing Pinkly in my lap.

“Hello beautiful,” Brian spoke, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

“Hi Bri,” I replied, a light blush coloring my cheeks. I draped my hair in an attempt to cover my blush, but that was quickly foiled by Brian, who reached over to tuck my hair behind my ear.

We made small talk on the way to Brian’s house, and were there before I knew it. Brian quickly got out of the car, and rushed to my door. He took Pinkly from my lap, and helped me from the car, before placing her back in my arms.

Brian placed his hand on my back, and led up to the door. I teased him as he fumbled with his keys, before he finally got the door open, and ushered us inside. I placed Pinkly on the ground, gasping in surprise as arms wrapped around my waist.

“So I have a surprise…but you have to cover your eyes,” he spoke in my ear, making involuntary shivers run down my spine. I shut my eyes, and heard Pinkly’s soft bark, before allowing Brian to place her in my arms. His hand immediately covered my eyes, as he wrapped his other arm around my waist.

“No peaking,” he whispered, before carefully leading me up the stairs. After a few minutes of struggling, Brian brought our bodies to a stand-still, sliding the hand that covered my eyes to rest around my waist.

“You can open your eyes now,” he spoke softly, and slowly I opened my eyes, gasping at the sight in front of me. The furniture in Brian’s bedroom had all be pushed together, and covered in various bed sheets, to make a large fort.

“You like it?” Brian asked. I giggled, setting Pinkly on the floor, before turning and wrapping my arms around his waist.

“It’s a wonderful idea. Cheesy, but wonderful,” I replied, reaching up on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. Brian took my hand, and led us to the small opening of the fort, pulling the sheet back to allow me entrance. I carefully crawled in, followed by Brian and a scampering Pinkly.

“So...” Brian began with a grin, “I thought we could have a picnic, and then watch a little Walking Dead, since I know you’ve been dying to watch it.” I smacked his arm for his lame joke, before nodding my head.

“That sounds perfect Bri.” Because of Brian’s lack of cooking skills, he had picked up subs at a local deli, but I didn’t mind. It was the thought that counted. After we finished eating, Brian turned on the small TV he had set up in the fort, and started the first season of Walking Dead.

I knew he had picked this show because, as much as I loved horror movies, I couldn’t help but cringe every time something gory occurred. By the end of the first episode, I was curled into Brian’s side, my face nuzzled into his neck as he ran his hand through my hair in a calming fashion. Halfway through the episode, Pinkly had plopped herself to rest against both of our chests, and that’s where she remained.

By dinner time, we were finished with the first season, and sat, curled up on the makeshift bed Brian had created, waiting for our food to arrive. I traced random shapes on the exposed part of Brian’s chest, and relished in the calm silence that surrounded us. I liked that silences with Brian were never awkward, they were peaceful and comforting.

“Lily…” Brian whispered, still running his hand through my wavy locks. I hummed in response, letting him know I heard him.

“You know…you know I’m nothing like Kyle, right? You know that no matter what, I would never lay a hand on you?” I quickly sat up, staring at him in confusion.

“I know that Bri. Where is this coming from?” Brian sighed, before sitting up, taking my hands in his.

“I’m just…I’m grateful you’ve opened up to me, and are giving me the chance to prove I’m nothing like Kyle. Not all men are as cruel as he was. And as elementary as it may be, I like you, a lot, and I’m wondering if you would maybe be my girlfriend?” I stared at Brian, trying to process his quick rambling, before I smiled. His look of complete nervousness eased as I leaned up and placed a kiss on his nose.

“Of course.” I giggled as Brian wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, burying his face in my hair.

Never felt that hunger for one love that shares one mind,
But with you it’s something else that keeps my spirits high…
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly have no good reason for not having written in nearly two months. I kind of just lost inspiration to write this story. I still haven't really found it, which explains this short and crappy chapter.

If you want me to continue this story, comments do increase my inspiration and wantingness to write. But otherwise I'll try to write another chapter soon.

Title Credit: Something Else Or... by Volbeat

Song Credits: A Warrior's Call and Something Else Or... by Volbeat