Status: Active

Heaven Nor Hell

You've Got a Hollow-Point Smile

Brian took my hand, and let me back to the bar, waving the bartender over. I looked over my shoulder in search of Elizabeth. I found her in our original seats, but she was now seated next to a man with jet black hair and piercing green eyes. She looked like she was enjoying herself, so I decided not to intervene. She could take care of herself.

"Are you looking for someone?" I looked to my right, to see Brian, a slightly worried look etched across his face.

"Just my friend. I felt bad for ditching her, but her attention seems to be otherwise occupied as well..." I said, looking back at her. I returned my gaze to Brian as he chuckled.

"That's one of my best friends, Zack. I vouch for him, your friend is in good hands, I promise."

"Would he vouch the same for you?" I asked, and Brian chuckled.

"I've never given him a reason to doubt me," he grinned, oozing confidence. He took a swig of his beer, before he returned his gaze to me.

"So Lily...you have a Misfits wallet in your purse. I take it you're a fan?" I grinned, and nodded.

"I am. I grew up listening to a lot of classic rock, because of my dad, and it just stuck." I smiled as I remembered all the evenings I spend holed up in my dad's office, watching him play guitar along to all of our favorite songs.

"You're not from California, are you?" Brian asked, surprising me.

"No, New Jersey..." I murmured.

"That's what I thought," he grinned. "Anyway, so you like the Misfits...what else?"

"I grew up with a lot of Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie...those were my dad's favorites. And after he died, I fell in love with the heavier side of rock. Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pantera...and then I met the Way brothers in high school, they're in a band now called My Chemical Romance. They're responsible for a lot of the current adjustments in my music taste. Green Day, Volbeat, Anthrax...I'll listen to pretty much anything. I learned classical guitar when I was younger, and after Gerard started his band, his friend Ray began to teach me the basics of rock. I really should start playing again..." I trailed off as I realized I had been rambling. Since I had arrived in California, Brian was the first person I had conversation with besides Elizabeth.

After making that realization, I began to get nervous. I was suppose to be staying under the radar, and here I was in broad daylight, talking to a man I hadn't met but ten minutes ago.

"Not too bad Lily. I can't believe you're friends with the Way brothers. So I assume you've heard of our hometown heroes, Avenged Sevenfold? Brian asked, looking around the bar at the various merchandise.

"I actually hadn't." I laughed when Brian's eyes widened. "That's the exact same response Elizabeth had. I've heard a few of their songs. I think I even saw them when they were touring with Metallica in 2006, but I don't really remember if it was them or not." Brian mumbled out a quiet "wow", looking lost in his thoughts, before he cleared his throat and excused himself to get another drink.

As I sat alone, the sense of nervousness washed over me again, and I thought about running. It was a low blow, especially considering how nice Brian seemed to be, but I couldn't risk it. I shouldn't have even come.

I turned to find Brian's back to me, and I jumped out of my seat and all but ran to the door, knowing I could just text Elizabeth to tell her I left. I slipped out the door and took of my heels, running barefoot down the street. As I climbed into my car, I caught sight of Brian standing on the sidewalk, looking frantically up and down the street, for who I assumed to be me. I couldn't help but feel guilty I had left without reasoning, or without saying goodbye, but I knew it was for the best. My safety was my top priority at this point.

*Brian's Point of View*

I walked over to the bar to order a new drink. I couldn't believe she was that into music, and had no idea who my band was. It was unheard of, and I wanted to question her more. But as I turned around with my drink, I noticed our table was now vacant. I looked up to see Lily rushing out the door. I set my drink on the bar and ran towards her, hoping to catch her and at the very least get her number to call her again. I couldn't let her walk out of my life that quickly.

But as I reached the sidewalk, she wasn't anywhere in sight. I ran towards the street, in hopes of catching sight of her, but she was no where to be found. I made my way back to the bar as a feeling of rejection ran through me. Before I could open the door, a woman stormed out of it. I recognized her as Lily's friend, and walked towards her.

"Excuse me..." she quickly cut me off.

"YOU!" I cringed as she screamed. Zacky came out, and tried to calm her, but she pushed him off of her.

"What the fuck did you do to Lily that made her leave?! I don't care if you're Synyster Gates, if you hurt her, I will fucking murder you." My eyes widened at her threat, and I slowly back away.

"I promise, I didn't do anything! We were talking about music, and I went to get another drink, and when I turned around she was running out the door! I didn't do a thing!" I exclaimed, slightly worried from the look in her eye. I knew she wouldn't be able to seriously injure me, but I didn't necessarily want to spend the next few days nursing a black eye. I looked to Zack, silently pleading for help. He nodded, before wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"You can trust him Elizabeth, he wouldn't do anything. Synyster Gates may come off as a flirt, but Brian Haner wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone your friend." After he spoke, Elizabeth visibly relaxed, slouching into Zacky's hold.

"I apologize, but I'm the only friend she's made here, I'm a little protective. I hope you can forgive my outburst." she spoke quietly, running a hand through her hair.

"Already forgiven. But it would soften the blow even more if you would give me phone number," I gave her a cheeky smile, one most women can't refuse. I smile dropped as she shook her head.

"If you want her number, you're going to have to work for it. But I will tell you, she'll be at the Volbeat concert, tomorrow night at the Myth nightclub. That would be your first step." She grinned, before lacing her hand with Zacky's, and allowing him to lead her back to his car.

I sighed as I walked back to my car. I was going to have to do some major ass kissing if my plan was going to go off without a hitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this sucks. I wrote it REALLY late last night, and am too lazy to re-write it.

BUT I'M OFFICIALLY HOME! So updates will hopefully be more regular. My goal is to put out at least two a week. But I can't make any promises on dates at this point.

A HUGE thank you to anyone who has already commented and subscribed. You guys totally made my night last night when I checked.

*Title Credit: Bulletproof Heart by My Chemical Romance