Status: Don't forget to Comment and Subscribe! Nobody likes a Ghost Reader!

Welcome Home

Chapter Four

Ivy stood up from her seat on the couch and stared at the old women who held the tattered hat in her hand, and slid it in to a small bag. Matt was grinning, every sign of him being tiered no longer there.

"Mathew, don't tell me you believe this stuff."Ivy frowned, raising her eyebrows.

"Ivy, a cat turned in to a women, we found out more about dad, a hat just talked to us. And you are telling me, you don't believe any of this?"Matt asked, stating bluntly what had just happened. "And don't tell me that what has happened in the last two days has nothing to do with this."

"Matt there is no such thing as magic."Ivy stated coldly, "You are almost fifteen years old, you should know that by now." She finished, crossing her arms.

"Confringo!"Ivy turned around, just fast enough to see an orange beam of light flow out of Miverva McGonagall's wand, as it struck the armchair next to the couch. It busted in to flames. Ivy gasped, as she stared at it.

"Minerva!"Ivy's mother screeched walking in to the room. Her fingers gripping the sides of a small tray that held four glasses of ice tie. "What are you doing!"

"Settle down, Sage. It is a simple spell."

"I will not tolerate the use of magic in my house!"She hissed, "It was hard enough making John stop using it at home, and not around the children!"

"Well, Mrs. Sullivan it isn't up to you-"

"It is to up to me!"She stated, Matt and Ivy glanced at each other while the two women argued. "I will not have a magical being, much less two of them part of this family, living under this roof!"

"If you want them, and yourself to be completely defenselessness when Voldemort comes back to kill you and Ivy and Mathew!" She paused, "Not that there aren't already a number of others willing to take you off the chart already!"

Her mother was speechless, so was Ivy. Strangely she found herself believing the old women. Her mother was acting more in defense than surprised. "F-fine. Take them."

"Mom...you mean she isn't lieing?"Ivy asked, raising her eyebrows. "This is real?"

Her mother nodded, still angry. "I'm sorry I never told you."

"So you lied to us!?"Ivy snapped.

"Ivy."Matt started.

"No, Matt! She's been lieing to us our whole lives."Ivy crossed her arms. "If you don't want anyone magical under this roof, then I guess I won't come back." Ivy said loudly.

"Ivy-"Her mom called after her as she stomped up the chairs and in to her room, and pulled out a small suitcase from under her bed. She opened it, and picked up her sketch book and dropping it in, and grabbed a handful of shirts, jeans, and other clothing items in to it. "-Ivy-"

"What."She stated bitterly, as she closed it and locked it.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want you and Matt to leave. I wouldn't know if something happened-"She paused.

"So you wanted use to be defenseless, and lied to us about what we are?"Ivy asked loudly, raising her eyebrows, then brushing past her mother and down the stairs again. "I'm going, but I am not coming back here."

"Ivy, you don't mean that."Matt stated.

"Yes, I do Matt."Ivy frowned. She looked at McGonagall. Matt had followed her up the stairs and had gotten some clothes too. "Well, are we leaving or not?" Ivy frowned, fixing her strap on her suitcase and putting it over her shoulder.

"Well then..."McGonagall sighed, stepping between the two of them. "Shall we go to Diagon Ally?"

"What's Diagon Ally?"Ivy asked, as the old women held out her hand for Ivy, and her other one for Matt.

"It's where we go to get our supplies."Matt sighed, sounding as if Ivy should have already known that.

"I'm in a bad enough mood, Matt."She snapped, "So shut up."

"You can't make me shut up."Matt retorted.

"Watch me."Ivy hissed, as a twisting feeling over took her. It was a horrible feeling. As if she was being pushed through a rubber tube, her skull going first, like the oxygen was being sucked out of it as well. Her eyes felt like they were about to pop. When they landed, both Ivy and Matt clasped to the ground, gagging. Her stomach felt like it was about to up-chuck everything, and anything she had ever put in her mouth.

"Wh-what was that?!"Matt asked, as he stumbled up to his feet. Ivy followed his lead, and managed to stand up as well.

"Something you will learn next year at Hogwarts, something you will have a chance to learn this year, Ms. Sullivan."McGonagall sighed. Ivy clutched her stomach, her legs felt hallow. "And this, is Diagon Ally." The street they landed on was abandoned, dark and quiet. Not many people wandered the streets. "Very well, take this-"McGonagall stated, handing Ivy a small pouch that jingled with gold coins. "-the book shop is right here."She said pointing at the store in front of them. "I will go get your uniforms. Then, we will go get your wands. Do not, I repeat. Do not step foot out of this shop." With that, she started towards a shop down the street, leaving Matt and Ivy to go in to the book store.

"I still don't believe any of this."Ivy frowned as the stepped in to the store, the smell of old books, and dust rising in a thick mask in the air.

Matt rolled his eyes as he snatched her list, it was obvious she would be little to no help while shopping for books. Ivy walked around, running her fingers across the counter, and old books. None of them caught her eye. She refused to believe any of these things. She was just sleeping. How could Matt believe in all of this stupid none sense? Surely he knew that it was just some crazy dream. Maybe they were in a car accident, and in a coma. That was the only thing that would make any of this make sense.

Ivy jumped as she turned around to see Matt holding to piles of books under each arm. "Here are yours."He sighed, motioning to the pile under his left arm. Ivy rolled her eyes and took them. He had a few more than she did. "You know, you are going to have to get used to it eventually." Ivy rolled her eyes and brushed her bangs out of her eyes as she walked past him. "Ivy, where are you going?"

"To prove to you that none of this is-" Ivy said, irritated looking over her shoulder glaring at him. She was paying no attention to where she was going, all of her books crashed to the ground when she ran in to someone. "Damn it."She muttered, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention..."

"No, it's fine."A boy sighed, as he picked up a book that landed by his feet. "I wasn't paying attention either."

"Thanks- Matt, come on. Lets go."Ivy said, snapping at her brother who stood their chuckling. She turned around, and realized she was still standing in the middle of the doorway, blocking anybody who wanted to come it. She felt her cheeks turn a light pink as she stepped to the side. "Sorry...again."

"It's fine."He sighed, he had blonde hair, and pale skin with pale grey eyes. He was tall, and wore a black suit so his pale skin stood out more. "Draco Malfoy."He said, half smiling holding out his hand.

"Ivy Sullivan."Ivy said, shaking his hand. "Matt, come on. Let's go."Ivy stated, after Draco made his way further in to the shop.

"You got something on your shirt."He smirked, Ivy quickly looked down at her shirt.

"Ha ha ha. You are so funny, Mathew."Ivy hissed, punching him in the arm. He stumbled, "Screw you."

"Mr, and Ms. Sullivan, I thought I told you to stay in the shop?"McGonagall called to them from across the street. McGonagall was clearly irritated with the two of the by now. She looked at them with piercing daggers, every time Ivy cringed. "Very well, come on. We must be getting to Ollivanders." Matt and Ivy followed her down the street, Ivy would give him dirty looks every so often.

The shop they walked in to was long, and behind the counter were long shelves that held long boxes of different sizes. Sitting on a stool behind the counter, was an old man. His hair was white, and flew all about his head. His eyes were a wild blue, but still calm.

"Ivy-Jane Sullivan, and Mathew Thomas Sullivan, is it?"He asked, a grin spreading across his face. His eyes sparkling. "Your father spoke so highly of the two of you." He paused, "Running a few years late though, aren't you?"He asked.

"We don't have the time, Ollivander."Minerva groaned frustrated, as two bags floated next to her. "Can we hurry this along?"She asked, raising her grey eyebrows.

The old man looked shocked, but sighed. "Ivy-Jane, lets start with you. Eldest first, that's what I say."He said, turning and disappearing down a row of shelves and returning with three long boxes. "Twelve and a half inch, very bendy, pine, unicorn tail hair." He sighed, as if it was something easy and simple to remember. He opened up the longest box and took out a wand, it was a light brown color, as it darkened to black, as if it was burned at the tip. The handle rounded at the end. "Well, go on. Give it a flick. But don't worry most people don't find their wand the first-"He rambled as Ivy took it, looking at it. She mentally slapped herself when the first thing she could think about was drawing it. A strange feeling happened though, when she thought of it, drawing it that is. It felt like all of her energy was flowing to her finger tips. Sort of like when she would get really angry. But this time, it was more...comferting. Or easy, even. "-Oh my...this rarely happens. Seems as though your wand has found you."

"Has found me?"Ivy asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Of course, the wand chooses the owner. Not the other way around, my dear."The old man said, a grin across his face, as Ivy placed the wand in the box and picked it up with her. It took Matt five minutes to find his. His ended up being nine inches, not bendy, pine, and dragon heartstrings. "That is fourteen galleons."Ollivander stated, McGonagall quickly gave him the money and hurried out, rushing Ivy and Matt out as well.

"So, where are we going?"Matt asked, "Since someone refuses to go home."He frowned, glaring at Ivy.

"I have a place in mind."McGonagall sighed, as she held out her hands again. Ivy and Matt both groaned, as they hesitated but took hold of her hands. The spinning, twisting, and suffocating feeling took over them again. This time, Ivy managed to keep her footing when she landed, grasping on to the old women's robe to keep her up.

Ivy found herself believing what was happening. There was really no other way to explain it. "There is no way we are staying in that." Ivy stated coolly as she stared up at the lopsided old house.

"Ivy, just shut up."Matt frowned, "You are just talking to hear your own voice, nobody else wants to hear it!"Matt exclaimed as he stumbled forward to fallow McGonagall.

"You two will fit in just swell."She sighed, as she kept walking.

"I'm-"Ivy was about to protest again, but the smell of fresh apple pie hit her nostrils as the door opened before McGonagall even knocked. It smelt warm, and loaded with apples. It made her remembered her birthdays from when she was little, she had never liked cake. So, her dad would buy her an apple pie instead. She hadn't had any since.

Ivy walked in to the old house, hesitantly. The kitchen was small, in the middle of it was a cluttered table. The sink was washing dishes, by itself. There was a rocking chair, and next to it, was knitting needles that knitted extremely fast all by themselves. It all amazed Ivy. None of this could be real.

"Mrs. Weasley, thank you so much for doing this last minute." McGonagall sighed, snapping Ivy back to what shouldn't have been her reality. "Do you think you can manage staying here the rest of the summer?"

"Ivy, this pie is amazing..."Matt sighed as he took another bite from it.

"You remind me of my Ronald, help yourself dearest."A older women smiled, her ginger hair had strands of grey, her kind brown eyes twinkled as she talked. "It is no problem at all, Miverva. With Fred and George out of the house, it's been awfully quiet."She explained, "Well, Ivy, take a seat and help yourself with the pie. There is plenty more where that came from. When you are both done, I will show you to your rooms. It is getting late, ya'know." She grinned, as Ivy dropped her suitcase next to her when she plopped down in to a chair across from Matt who had already helped himself to a second piece of pie.

"Mrs. Weasley, may I speak without outside briefly?"McGonagall asked, as the two bags set themselves down on the couch.

The short women, Mrs. Weasley- nodded and followed Minerva outside. "Matt, this is crazy! We are not staying here!"Ivy hissed standing up quickly.

"Just sit down, Ivy."Matt groaned rolling his eyes, his red hair still messy, and his face still lacking color from that horrid twisting feeling. "Just face it, this is real-"

"No! It isn't! It can't be."Ivy stated, crossing her arms and glaring at him from where she stood.

"Can't you just admit you aren't as perfect as you think you are!"Matt snapped, almost shouting at her.

"I know I am not perfect, Mathew!"Ivy snapped back, in the same tone that he used. It was silent between them. An awkward silence, both of them waiting for the other to say something. Matt's brain seemed to be spinning even more though, his eyes seemed dull, hurt almost. "Neither are you."Ivy mumbled.

"I hate you, you do know that right?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrows standing up from where he was sitting. What he said seemed to hit her like a big brick, right in the stomach. Then it just felt like boiling anger.

"No you don't."Ivy stated calmly, glaring at him.

"Oh really?"He asked, "I've been compared to you for everything. Grades, sports, and even personality." He stated, he just looked hurt. No other emotion was there. "Everyone thinks you are miss perfect. You are anything but, you are selfish, self-centered, stubborn, and you care about nobody but yourself."He stated coldly, Ivy thought for a moment.

"That isn't true, Matt-"

"Just stop, Ivy. You can drop the act."He said, cutting her off. The door opened and shut, as the women stepped back in to the house. She wore a clearly old robe, that was red, with tattered patches of different colors.

"Well, you two, fallow me, I will show you to your rooms."She smiled, noticing the tension between the two of them. "I hope you won't mind sharing a room, Matt you will have to share with Ronald, and Ivy you will have to share with Ginny."

"Can you please just go with it, Ivy? I don't want to hear you complain how this is near to impossible."Matt sighed, as he picked up his bag from the couch, and Ivy hers. "Even if you don't believe it." He stated, his eyes following Mrs. Weasley up the stairs.

"Ronald- Ronald, open up."She sighed, "Ronald is in your year, dear."She smiled, looking back at Ivy as the old rickety door opened. A ginger boy, who was tall, he was pale, but had freckles spread across his face to make up for it. "Matt, you will be staying in here with Ron." Ron thought for a moment, before Mrs. Weasley pushed past him, and waved her wand, and a second bed appeared. "Harry will be here too, of coarse but not for a few weeks."

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley."Matt sighed, as he and Ron looked at each other with out saying a word.

Ivy followed Molly up some more stairs, the stairs were uneven, and old and the creaked. "Ginny, dear."Mrs. Weasley smiled, as she knocked on the door. "Ginny is in Mathew's year."She sighed, as a girl with flaming red hair opened the door. Her hair flowed to the middle of her back. She was pale, with some freckles sprinkled across her cheeks, and her eyes were light blue. "Ginny, this is Ivy. Ivy, this is Ginny." Mrs. Weasley smiled, waving her wand and a second bed appearing.

"It's nice to meet you, Ivy."Ginny sighed, half smiling. Clearly not sure if she wanted to share a room.

"It's nice to meet you too, thank you Mrs. Weasley." Ivy half smiled, as she stepped in to the bedroom. There were now two bed, the walls were a pale maroon color, and they were covered in posters of people moving around on brooms.

"If you don't mind me asking, but what are you doing here?"Ginny asked, as she closed the door and flopped back down on to her bed.

"I-I...I don't really know."She sighed, "Minerva just brought me and Matt shopping..."Ivy drifted off as her eyes watched the moving people on the posters.

"In Diagon Ally?"Ginny asked, Ivy didn't say anything. She only continued to watch the pictures. How could they be moving? They couldn't be moving...although, so much had happened, so much of it had just been a fairy tale once, something she could only wish would happen. Now it was all happening, and she couldn't believe it. Or maybe it was just she wouldn't let herself believe it. "Ivy, are you going to lay down or something?"

Ivy jumped at the sound of her voice, snapping her back to what seemed to be reality. "Oh, um...yeah."Ivy nodded, "Actually, I think I'm going to go sit downstairs. I have somethings I need to do."Ivy sighed, dropping her suitcase and bag on to her bed.

"Alright."Ginny sighed, as she grabbed a book from her nightstand. "Wait, what house are you in?"She paused, "I haven't seen you at Hogwarts before."

"I've never been to Hogwarts before."She paused, "To be honest, I didn't even know I was a...witch in the first place."

"How can you not know you were a witch?"Ginny asked, raising her eyebrows. Shocked that Ivy didn't know.

"My mom didn't want me to know."Ivy frowned, the smallest thought of her mother made her stomach churn. She was disgusted by that women. She had been lieing to her and Matt their whole lives. From what she understood from Minerva, her mom and dad had agreed to home school the two of them. Which, never happened. Her mother was nothing but a liar. She even lied to them about how their father died.

"Oh..."Was all Ginny could say, "But you didn't answer my other question. What house are you in?"

Ivy shrugged, "Sounded like a snake-"

"Slytherin?"

"That's the one."Ivy nodded, as she opened her suitcase and dug around for her sketch book. "Well, I'll see you in the morning, Ginny."

Ivy made her way back down the old stairs, until she found herself in the kitchen again. She set down her sketch book and pencil, and saw that the pie was still out. She started thinking about her dad even more as she looked around for a clean plate. He would always say little things about fairy tales, like there was one story he would tell her and Matt all the time. One that he made up, it was about a boy who's parent's were killed by an evil wizard, and when the wizard tried to kill the boy, the rebounded, and killed him instead.

"This can't be happening..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! You guys are awesome! Thank you for all the feed back! Keep on commenting and subscribing!

Also, this chapter was just a filler, to help introduce others.