Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 12

"C'mon Frankie, we're gonna be late!" Gerard whined, pulling his boyfriend's arm behind him. "Come on! ...Please?"

"Ugh, Gerard, stop," Frank said, pulling his arm free from Gerard's grip. "I'm coming as fast as I fucking can, but trying to put shoes on with someone pulling on your arm does not work out very well and only makes me go slower. If you hadn't taken a half hour in the bathroom to do whatever the hell you did in there, we could've left by now. So chill out." Frank put his shoes on, an impatient Gerard standing by. He had started bouncing on his heels, eager to go.

"Frankie," Gerard whispered as Frank started going slower as he put his shoes on, just to agonize Gerard. "I know you're doing that on purpose. I'll leave you here if you don't hurry up."

"God, Gerard, calm the fuck down. We're just going over to Ray's. He won't care if we're late."

"Yeah, I know that, but the sooner we get there, the sooner we get to open presents and I really want to give you yours." Gerard said, handing Frank's jacket to the smaller man, opening the front door for him. They both stepped outside, the cold air hitting them suddenly. Gerard locked the door behind him, Frank already trudging to the car that sat at the end of the driveway, hopping in the passenger seat and waiting for Gerard, who was taking slower steps.

"Gee! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!" Frank said, snapping his fingers to emphasize his point. He laughed, Gerard glaring him as he put the keys in the ignition. The couple waited for the car to heat up a little more before pulling out of the drive way, Frank telling Gerard to hurry up just like how Gerard was saying to him earlier. "The roles have changed, my friend!" Frank laughed.

"Not for long," Gerard mumbled, leaning over to give Frank a kiss before pulling onto the street. It was around five o'clock, and it was slowly starting to get darker out already. There was traffic, but not as much as there usually was after work ended for most people, most people already had the day off since it was Christmas.

The drive to Ray's was filled with Frank trying to guess what Gerard got him, but he kept his mouth shut. "You'll have to wait until we get there. Why don't I have it? I left it at Ray's with the rest of the presents when I was there yesterday! Oh Frank...think a little."

"Hey, I do think! I've been told that I'm a very thoughtful person, as a matter of fact." Frank crossed his arms over his chest, defending himself.

"Frank, thinking and being thoughtful aren't the same thing, to be honest. One of them is caring and being nice and shit like that, while the other is actual thinking, something you seem to be lacking today." Gerard stated, pulling onto Ray's street.

"They're the same to me!" Frank mumbled, punching Gerard's arm when the car came to a stop in Ray's drive way.

"That doesn't mean they're the same to everyone else! Hey, ow! That hurt!"

"Pfft, did not. I barely touched you," Frank said, hopping out of the car.

"Wanna bet?" Gerard called, also getting out of the car, taking his keys with him.

"No! Get away from me!" Frank started to run up the driveway, to the steps that lead to the front door. "Stranger danger!" Frank was just close to the steps when he slipped on the ice that had formed and fell backwards.

"Frank!" Gerard called, running over as best he could without slipping himself, which wouldn't have been helpful in any way for either of them if he fell too. "Frank, are you okay?" Gerard knelt down by his boyfriend, a worried expression covering his face. "Are you okay?! Are you gonna live? Do I have to call everyone important and tell them you're dead?"

"You're gonna tell people I'm dead instead of calling for medical help? I see where you stand on me living or dying," Frank mumbled.

"I do care if you live! How dare you say otherwise! I was just kidding," Gerard said, holding a hand over his heart. "Are you hurt, Frankie?"

"Of course I'm not. I just fell backwards on the ice, didn't hurt a bit!" Frank rolled his eyes, "of course I hurt! I fell on the ice! My ass hurts! And I think I killed a majority of my brain cells when I hit my head..."

"Oh Frankie, should we go to the hospital?"

"No, I'll just deal with a sore ass. Not the first time it's happened," Frank winked, holding an arm out for Gerard to pull him up with.

"Oh god Frank, seriously gonna go there?" Gerard asked, grabbing his boyfriend's hand and pulling him to his feet carefully.

"Hell yes I am," Frank said when he was on his feet. He took careful steps up the stairs to the front door, leaning on Gerard who had an arm around him. Gerard pressed the doorbell and waited for the door to be opened. As the couple waited, Gerard started to wonder if Mikey had come back yet.

'I hope he's back...it'd be nice to see him...' Gerard thought, biting his bottom lip. The door opened to reveal a worn out looking Ray, who still wore a cheery smile.

"Hi," Ray said, moving out of the doorway for the couple to move in. Frank went in first, limping a bit, possibly exaggerating the pain a little bit. "I just got Henry and Bridgit to sleep, so be quiet. Georgie and Sammy are in the living room..Hey Frank, are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I fell on my ass though," Frank turned to look at Ray as he took off his jacket, hanging it on the coat rack by the door. Ray shut the door as Gerard came in, who took of his jacket as well.

"Oh, ouch. Do you need a new ass, then?" Ray asked, smirking.

"Sarcasm was never your strong point, Ray," Frank said, making his way to the living room, still limping, leaving Gerard and Ray in the little entry way.

"Is Mikey back yet?" Gerard asked carefully as Frank left, watching Ray's smile falter.

"No, not yet." Ray whispered, looking down at his hands in front of him. He closed his eyes, standing still in the entry way.

"Oh Ray, I'm sorry," Gerard whispered, wrapping his arms around his brother-in-law and former bandmate. "He'll be back soon, Ray, I promise."

"You say that, but you don't know," Ray whispered so quietly, he didn't know if Gerard had heard him, but he did. "I've tried calling him a thousand times and I get sent to voicemail each and every time. What if something bad happened to him, Gerard?"

"He's okay, Ray, I promise." Gerard whispered, hugging Ray tighter. Ray had a tear rolling down his cheek, and more threatening to fall. "I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It's okay," Ray mumbled, pulling away from Gerard. He wiped his eyes with his fingers, sniffling. "I'd probably ask if I were you, too."

Gerard gave a small smile, giving Ray another quick hug. "I'm always here to talk, so you know."

"I know. Thank you." Ray did his best to smile, but with eyes bloodshot from unshed tears, it didn't seem to brighten his mood. "Can you help me in the kitchen? You know I'm a horrible cook..." he asked, changing the topic.

"Oh yeah, sure thing. What's left to do?" Gerard asked, glad the subject has changed.

"Uh, just small stuff like veggies, biscuits, potatoes...stuff like that." The two entered the kitchen, Ray leading the way, which was covered in mixing bowls of various sizes, and other utensils scattered about,

"Do you have the turkey in the oven, then?" Gerard asked, sifting through some bowls.

"Oh, I'm not making a turkey. Or ham. Or any other meat."

"Why not? Just because Frank's vegetarian doesn't mean we can't have meat. He won't mind," Gerard said, "he told me."

"I know," Ray hummed, turning the water faucet on to rinse off some utensils. "I'm not making the turkey, though."

"Why not? We need a turkey! Turkey completes Christmas!" Gerard said, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation.

"I know. I'm expecting a few more people to come. They're bringing the turkey."

"Oh..Who's coming?" Gerard asked, putting frozen biscuits on a cookie sheet.

Ray paused, biting his bottom lip as he turned away from Gerard. "It's a..secret..."

"Someone I know?" Gerard asked curiously, placing the cookie sheet in the oven. "Hey, where's your potato masher?"

"Uh, yeah. They should be here with the turkey soon," he looked at the clock on the wall. "Oh, it's the third drawer down, I think."

"Awesome. Now, potatoes! Prepare to be mashed!" Gerard held the masher inbetween both of his hands and started to furiously beat the potatoes, Ray watching him with an amused grin on his face.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

*~* A bit later *~*

"Gee!" Frank whined from his spot on the couch, "my ass still hurts! Make the pain go away. Can we open presents soon?"

"No can do, Frankie. As much as I hate to see you in pain, I can't do anything." Gerard said, leaning on his arm in the recliner he sat in, his eyes closing. "No Frank, not now."

"Why not? I wanna know what you got me!"

"You'll find out soon, Frank, promise," Gerard mumbled, yawning.

"Are you going to sleep, Gerard?" Ray asked as he walked in the room, holding one of the triplets in his hands, coming back from changing the baby, the other two in a play pen in the middle of the room, Sammy following right behind Ray. "You better not be."

"Nah, I'm awake. Just tired of putting up with Frank's complaining right now." Gerard said, opening his eyes and smiling at his boyfriend. "When's the turkey getting here?

"Hey, you better take that back!"

"What are you gonna do about it? Your ass hurts too much!" Gerard taunted, sticking his tongue out at his boyfriend as he saw signs of defeat.

"Now. Just wait for later, though. You're gonna get it," Frank leaned back on the couch, looking back at Ray, who was standing in the middle of the living room still. "Which one you got there?" he asked.

"It should be here soon, Gerard," Ray said, bouncing on his heels. "It's Georgie. He's wearing the green onsie with a candy cane, while Henry's is red with Santa on it."

Sammy moved onto the couch, leaving Ray's side. She crawled along the cushions before plopping herself down on Frank's lap, a noise of pain and surprise leaving his lips suddenly.

"Gah, Sammy, you have such a bony butt," Frank said, wrapping his arms around the girl on his lap.

Sammy laughed, "I know!" she said excitedly before freeing herself from Frank's grasp and sliding off his lap. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at Frank, "You can't catch me!"

"I don't think so," Frank said, moving to make it look like he was going to stand up, Sammy running out of the room before Frank could get her. "Oh no, where'd Sammy go?"

Gerard looked up at Ray, who was standing next to Gerard now, an arm laying on top of the chair. He looked across the room at the playpen and saw the three triplets playing with toys in the confined area. He heard Sammy laugh and come back into view, only to run up and slap Gerard's knee before taking a step away from him.

"What was that for?" Gerard asked, pretending to look hurt.

Sammy laughed, running out of the room, her brown hair flying behind her.

"Hey! You get back here!" Gerard called after her, leaning forward in his chair.

"Never!" Sammy said, coming into view again, only for a moment before disappearing again down the hall, running towards the stairs.

"Then I'm coming after you!" Gerard said, getting up from his chair, running at a slow pace, chasing after his niece. As Gerard ran out of the living room, moving towards the stairs to find Sammy sitting on the fourth step up, the doorbell rang.

"Oh, must be the turkey," Ray said, looking over at Frank who was sprawled out across the couch. "I'll get it."

"Good, because I didn't plan on getting up." Frank smiled up at Ray,

"You lazy ass," Ray said, smiling though, stepping out of the living room, leaving the triplets with Frank, and taking a deep breath as he approached the front door. Now or never, he thought, pushing shoes aside that were blocking the door. He opened the door, a rush of cold air hitting him suddenly, a shiver running down his spine. At the door was a couple in big winter coats, a pan, or something, covered in tin foil held by the man.

"Are you Ray?" the woman asked carefully.

"Sammy! I'm gonna get you!" Gerard said, chasing after his niece, moving closer to Ray at the door.

"Yes, I am. Won't you come in?" Ray moved out of the door way, making room for the couple.

"Daddy, help me!" Sammy screamed as Gerard caught up with her, scooping her up in his arms. He laughed, Sammy trying to escape, but he held her carefully.

Gerard looked up, "I told you I'd get..." he trailed off, his thought gone. He took a step closer to the front door, a feeling of recognition spreading over him as he looked at the couple at the door, who were shedding their jackets. "Mom? Dad?"

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

"Mom? Dad?" Gerard asked, setting Sammy down, who went to stand behind him, "what are you doing here?"

"Hello Gerard," Mrs. Way said, hanging her coat up carefully. "We were invited by Ray. He didn't tell you? Oh, well how've you been doing? You've been avoiding me as much as Mikey."

"No, he didn't. I've been doing good, Mom," Gerard said, looking at Ray through the corner of his eyes. "I see you're well."

"You sound so formal, Gerard."

"Where do you want the turkey?" Mr. Way asked, grabbing the platter once more after taking off his jacket.

"Just here in the dining room. Or does it need to be warmed up first?" Ray asked, pausing mid-step.

The older couple looked at each other, "I'd put it in the oven for a while and let it heat up." Mrs. Way eventually said, "in the meantime, Donald and I can meet our grandchildren." She smiled. Sammy came out from behind Gerard, looking at Mrs. Way with confusion.

"Who are you?" Sammy asked, holding Gerard's pant leg in her small fists.

Mrs. Way bent down, becoming somewhat eye level with Sammy. "I'm your grandma, Donna. Who are you?"

"I'm Sammy," she said, stepping closer a little bit. "Grandma?"

"Yes, dear," she held her arms out for a hug, but Sammy didn't move any closer. "Aren't you a pretty little girl, Sammy?"

Ray came back in the room, Mr. Way behind him. He watched Sammy, who looked at him, as if asking permission to hug the woman who claimed to be her grandma. "Go ahead, Sammy. She is your grandma, and this is your grandpa."

Sammy closed the distance between her and Donna, hugging the older woman, who's arms went around her easily. "Nana," she said.

Donna placed a kiss on Sammy's head, then let go of her.

"The other three are in the living room. Georgie, Henry, and Bridgit. They're about 11 months old." Ray said, breaking the silence.

Gerard left the room, slipping past his parents. He moved to sit on the couch next to Frank. "Frankie...my parents are here."

"I thought I heard someone..." Frank noted, taking his eyes off the TV he had turned on in the absence of everyone. He looked at Gerard, who was rubbing his hands on his pants, but otherwise sitting still. "Gee? You look nervous, why?"

"Because, Frank, my parents are here," Gerard said quietly, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone had come into the room yet.

"Yeah, so? They know you're gay, and they probably figured out we're together. What's the big deal? They seemed accepting of it then."

"Yeah, then before Ray told them about Mikey. Who knows how they'll react with the thought of two gay sons..."

"Gee, it's okay, I promise. Please relax, okay?" Frank shifted his position on the couch so he was leaning on Gerard, kissing his cheek before his parents walked in.

"Oh my, aren't these three the cutest babies ever?" Donna said in excitement, moving to the middle of the room without acknowledging the couple on the couch. Donald looked at them for a moment, trying to keep a serious composure, but anyone who knew him well could tell he was excited to see his grandkids.

Ray stepped into the room, Sammy in front of him. She moved to sit on the couch between Gerard and Frank, snuggling into Gerard. "Georgie has the green on, while Henry has the red one. Bridgit is easy to tell apart - she's the only one with actual hair."

The couple on the couch watched the older couple coo over their grandchildren. Ray stood by the playpen, smiling. Deep down, he was nervous as hell and wondered if this was the right decision, but he kept smiling and answering questions that Donna or Donald had. Until the question he had dreaded would come up.

"Is Mikey back yet?" Donna asked, holding Bridgit in her arms.

Ray's face fell, "No..." He heard a beep come from the kitchen. "I think the turkey's done, let's go eat." He quickly moved to the kitchen, grabbing two potholders and opened the oven, extreme heat exiting the thing. He bent down, careful of the sides, and grabbed the turkey as best he could. He got a tight grip on it before shutting the oven with his foot and carrying it to the dining room only a couple footsteps away. In the dining room, everyone was already shuffling in. The two older Ways each carrying a baby while Gerard carried another, each put in a high chair inbetween an adult. Sammy came in last, taking a seat that would be between Donna and Ray.

Ray set the turkey down in the center of the table, taking a seat. Sammy on one side, Gerard on another. He wouldn't be responsible for feeding none of the triplets and part of him was relieved, although it'd be weird not having to feed one.

Gerard grabbed a dish that was in front of him, dishing it onto his plate.

"Aren't we going to say a prayer?" Donna asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No. Who says prayers anymore? Eat all the food!" Gerard gave a sarcastic smile before setting the dish down and grabbing the next. The whole table started to pass dishes around.

"This'll be an interesting supper..." Ray mumbled, looking at the people to his sides. "A very interesting supper."

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

"Presents?"

Ray turned to look at the toddler at his feet, setting the stack of plates he had on the kitchen counter. "Almost, Sammy. Frank and Daddy got to clean dishes."

"Clean faster, then!" Frank said with a smile, carrying his own small stack of dishes into the kitchen. "Frankie wants to find out what Gerard got him!"

"Trust me, you'll love it," Ray said, opening the dish washer.

"You know what it is?" Frank asked curiously.

"Possibly." Ray closed the dishwasher door after fitting as much as he could into the machine.

"Ooh, tell me!" Frank said, jumping up a little. It was only the two of them in the kitchen, the others were in the living room, Gerard probably hiding upstairs or something.

"I can't, then it won't be a surprise! Trust me, surprises are good, Frankie boy," Ray ruffled Frank's hair before pressing the on button on the dishwasher. He looked at the counter, a few dishes left - nothing he couldn't get later. "So, I'm done for now..."

"Present time now?"

"Almost, I guess. I got to run upstairs and do something first. I shouldn't be too long..." Ray scratched his chin.

"You better not go jerk off or something. That's just wrong...on holidays at least." Frank smiled innocently at Ray, who just blushed but shook his head.

"God Frank, I swear you're more of a pervert than Gerard. Nah, I got to do something..." he bit his bottom lip, "I want to, uh, get a special present I have up there."

"Ooh, for me?" Frank asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Psht, hell no. I already got you your present. It's under the tree. This one's for Sammy." Ray took a step closer to the archway that led to the stairs.

"Sounds wonderful already," Frank said, biting his thumbnail. "Don't take too long, and I mean that in a nice way, not a selfish 'I can't wait to open presents' way."

Ray gave Frank a smile before leaving to ascend the stairs. He opened up his bedroom door, shutting it behind him quietly. Crossing the room to the closet, his eyes drifted over the picture sitting on his dresser. He stopped, picking up the photograph frame in his hands, his thumb tracing over the image carefully.

The photo was an old one, from years ago. It was when Ray and Mikey first met - Mikey being an awkward guy, wearing his glasses at the edge of his nose, with a beanie and clothes many sizes big on him. Trying to look like a douchebag and a nerd, was how Ray and Gerard had teased him then. Mikey was standing next to Ray, wearing a band t-shirt from then, a huge smile plastered on his face, unable to contain his excitement in meating the man he had a crush on.

"Hey, Ray! This is my brother - the one I've been telling you about." Gerard walked into the backroom where Ray was smoking a cigarette, an open beer in his other hand. He had been talking to their drummer at the time about one of their songs. Ray looked only when Gerard mentioned his brother, curious to see the younger Way for the first time.

"Hey," Ray smiled, taking a drink of his beer before setting the can down and standing up, offering his hand to Mikey. "I'm Ray, as you possibly know."

"I know," Mikey mumbled shyly, his face turning mad crimson. "I'm Mikey."

"So I've heard."

"Mikey wants a picture with you, and you're autograph, but he's too fucking shy to say so." Gerard laughed, patting his brother on the back, "Isn't that right, Mikey?"

If it was even possible, Mikey's faced turned an even darker shade of red, looking up at Ray over his glasses, his vision blurred a bit.

"A picture? With me? Why the hell would you want that?" Ray asked, sounding confused, but he was smiling.

"Because he clearly has a crush on you!" Gerard said, laughing again. Mikey turned and shot him a death glare, punching his older brother's arm.

"I do not!" Mikey protested, his voice squeaking.

"That's not what you told me last night!" Gerard said, nudging Mikey with his elbow, "now are you going to need me to take the goddamn picture of you two or can I go get a beer?"

"Come here Mikey, I don't bite," Ray said, holding an arm out, "unless of course you're into that. But even then, I'd do some serious considering."

Mikey stepped next to Ray, his big arm going around the skinny Way. He smiled, not forcing one like he'd been doing for a while. The camera flashed as Gerard took the picture, capturing the memory of the day the couple first met forever.

Ray put the picture down, wiping away a tear that had manged to appear while remembering the day. He remembered how Mikey was in the very front of the crowd, being pushed and shoved, but never taking his eyes off of Ray. Of course then, Ray saw it as creepy, but he realized just how much Mikey loved him then.

And now he's gone.

Ray shook the thought out of his head, 'He'll come back,' he thought, moving to his original target - the closet.

It was a walk in closet, but not a huge one. It fit the couple's clothes with room to spare for other things. Like guitars. It's where Ray kept his few guitars when he wasn't play them. Oh, and diapers, since there wasn't much room in the nursery for them.

And it was good for keeping a special presents, too.

Ray shuffled around, pushing around some of the clothes to get it. A small music box, with butterflies engraved on the sides, Sammy's name in the front. He opened it up carefully, music starting to play. "Rockabye baby, on the tree top..." it sang. Actually, he sang. He had recording the song of him singing and playing guitar. He had wanted to add Mikey doing bass or something, but since he left, he didn't get the chance.

On the inside of the lid, there was a quote written. It said: "Freedom lies in being yourself" in fancy handwriting that he knew Sammy wouldn't be able to read yet, but he figured now was as good a time as any to give it to her. She would at least enjoy the music it played, he knew that for a fact.

Slipping the music box into a small giftbag, since he never had the time to wrap it, a bag would have to do, he slipped back out of his room, shutting the door behind him. He descended the stairs, carrying the bag by his side. "Hey guys, I'm back." he said, stepping into the living room.

"Welcome back, Ray," Gerard said, looking over at Ray, smiling for the first time since his parents had arrived.

"Where's Frank?" Ray asked, taking a seat on a recliner, setting the bag on the side table next to him.

"Out having a smoke with my dad," Gerard said, picking at his fingernail. "Mom's changing Henry, I believe."

"Oh, that's good, I guess," Ray said, leaning back in the chair. The two were silent for a while, then slowly, everyone started to return. Frank came first, sliding on the couch next to Gerard and kissing his cheek, holding a miseltoe above their heads.

"That's so cheesy," Gerard laughed, kissing his boyfriend on the lips.

"I know, but you love me for being cheesy."

"That's not the only reason I love you," Gerard said, kissing his boyfriend again, a little more roughly. There was a moan and Ray rolled his eyes.

"Not on my couch, you two. I just cleaned it."

The two pulled away as Donald and Donna came back in, Henry being held by Donna. Sammy followed behind, pulling a blanket behind her.

"What's with the blanket, Sammy?" Ray asked, holding his arms out for his daughter.

"I'm cold," she said, climbing up on her dad's lap, wrapping herself up in the blanket.

"Too cold to open presents?" She nodded her head against Ray's chest and he smiled. "I guess we can open presents once you warm up. Would singing warm you up?" She nodded again. "Have any requests? Anyone?"

"Jingle bells!" Sammy said excitedly.

"Okay, but first, we should include your siblings in this. Donna, want to hand me Georgie?"

"Sure, here you go," Donna said after handing Ray the baby. Georgie yawned in his arms.

"Oh god, I managed to bore him to sleep just by holding him. Hmm, this actually isn't all that bad," Ray laughed, but careful not to wake the baby. Sammy jumped off his lap as Ray started to sing, running over to Gerard and pulling him off his feet.

Unknowing, as the family in the living room sang, they had no idea who was coming in. Who was in their house. They hadn't even heard the door open or any sound signaling someone was there. Someone just was. Two people, actually. They barely managed to get to the chorus of the song before they were interrupted by the voice of one of the strangers, who wasn't really a stranger.

Mikey.

"I'm home." he said, visibly shaking.

"Mikey!" Gerard, Frank, and Ray said, their voices mixing together. Although he was happy, and relieved to see him, he was pissed. Pissed that Mikey had left in the first place, but that was repalced shortly.

"Daddy!" Sammy left her dancing partner and ran up to Mikey, hugging his legs.

"Hello Michael." Mrs. Way said, and Ray watched Mikey freeze.

"Uh, hi Mom..." he said, his voice shaking as he noticed his parents in the room.

A strange man stepped out from behind the wall, his beanie, that had become apart of his everyday outfit, still on his head. He whispered something in Mikey's ear, who just nodded. The man must've noticed the weird looks he was getting, but he didn't say anything except for: "I'm Bob, a friend of Mikey's."

The room was silent now, Gerard standing in the middle of the living room, the singing seized. People were froze, until Ray stood up, pushing the blanket off of him, handing the baby to Gerard and walking over to Mikey.

"I missed you so much," Mikey whispered, tears escaping his eyes.

"I missed you too. Don't you ever leave me again." Ray grabbed Mikey, wrapping his arms around the skinny man before kissing Mikey on the lips, right in front of everyone.

Mikey was startled by the kiss, and by his parents sitting right there. Nothing what he expected. He wrapped his arms around Ray, leaning up into the kiss, tears falling out of his own eyes now. When the couple pulled away, they were both crying, but after a moment they smiled.

"Welcome home, Mikey," Ray whispered, completely oblivious to the world around him. Mikey was back, and in that moment, that's all that mattered.