Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know - epilogue

*~*Mikey's Awkward POV*~*

"Are you ready, Gerard?" I asked my older brother, walking up behind him in the full sized mirror. We matched a little. He wore a grey striped suit with a white shirt and a blood red tie. There was a red handkerchief in the front pocket. He had long black hair which was parted down the middle and reached his jawline. It was also a big day, and we needed Gerard before anything could happen.

"Yeah," Gerard mumbled, taking one last look at his reflection before turning around and facing me. "You look nice, Mikey," he said with a smile as I stepped to the side.

"Thanks, you look better though. Does Frank know you dyed your hair black for this?" I asked, taking a look at myself in the mirror. Damn, I did look good. I was wearing a grey suit jacket, a white collared shirt, and a red tie like Gerard's. It wasn't the most extraordinary outfit I had ever worn, but I didn't have a say in it. And, I still looked good in it, and that's all that mattered.

"Nope, he thinks it's still that blond color I had a few days ago. I wanted to surprise him with having red hair, since he said he loved it and everything, but I ended up going with black, since that's the hair color I had when I met him." Gerard seemed so distant when speaking and I turned around to face him again.

"Are you okay Gerard? You don't sound like your usual self right now," I said.

Gerard took a deep breath, looking down at the carpet for a moment. I waited patiently for him to speak, and he looked back up after a few moments. "I'm scared, Mikey. I'm marrying Frank, and I'm so fucking excited to marry him, but I'm nervous as hell."

I gave a small smile, stepping close to him and placing my hands on his shoulders. "Do I have to give you the same motivational speech you gave me at my wedding, Gerard?" I asked and he nodded. I hugged him close, "You'll be a wonderful husband, Gerard. The best husband ever. No one compares to you in any way. Frank's so lucky to have you, I know because I've been your brother for as long as I can remember, and you're the best brother ever, therefore you'll be the best husband ever." I took a deep breath and our hug separated, "Do you want me to continue?"

"No, I'm good. You'll stay by me, though?" he asked quietly and I nodded.

"As long as you want me, and then even longer. Hey, if Frank ever calls you a bad husband, remind him I ran away from mine," I let out a forced laugh, and Gerard joined in, but the moment was awkward. Ever since I came back from New York City with Bob, it'd become kind of a joke about me leaving. It bothered me at first, but I grew used to it over the months. "Not saying he will ever call you a bad husband, because he won't."

Gerard let out a shaky laugh, looking at me through his fringe. "I have a question for you, Mikey. It's kind of important."

"Turning Mr. Serious on me, now?" I asked. "What's your question?"

Gerard took a deep breath, "Will you join my band? Sal, my bassist, is a real asshole, and I don't want to go through auditions, since I already know you can play, but if you don't want to, you don't have to..."

I looked at Gerard, my eyes widening. "Holy shit, you're actually asking me?" He nodded. "Of course I will! Why wouldn't I want to join?"

"Yay!" Gerard said, wrapping his arms around me unexpectedly. I hugged Gerard back, smiling, and was interrupted by a knock at the door. Ray opened the door, poking his head in. I let go of Gerard to smile at him.

"Gerard, you're needed down at the altar. Frank's walking down the aisle soon," Ray opened the door wider, revealing the hallway outside. I saw Sammy sitting in a chair, playing with the flower petals in her basket. I motioned for Gerard to go first, following him out of the room. Ray proceeded to lead him to the doors of the sanctuary where our family and friends sat waiting. I stopped and knelt down by Sammy, who looked up at me.

"Hi Daddy," she said, pulling out a flower petal and handing it to me. I took it carefully, the red color staining my fingers slightly.

"You excited to throw some flower petals?" I asked. She nodded, smiling . She was wearing a white dress, that would almost touch the floor if she was standing without shoes on. It had a black sash wrapping around her in the middle, with a big, fake red flower on the left side. It was a simple dress, but it fit with the colors of the wedding so nicely, and she loved it. With it, she wore white tights that had a lacy pattern on them, and black shoes. Her hair was down and curled, with a flower barrette in her hair to match the one on her dress, just on a smaller scale.

"You know it!" She said, and grabbed a small handful and threw them at me.

"Hey, don't do that," I scolded, picking them up and putting them back in my basket.

"Sorry Daddy," she said, but I could tell the apology was meaningless.

"It's okay, sweetie."

"She threw flowers at you too?" Ray asked, coming back into the hallway. Ray must'ved had to talk to Gerard too because he was gone longer than I'd have expected. "She likes doing that, should've warned you."

"Yeah, and it's not a big deal. As long as my hair isn't messed up," I said, straightening my posture so I was standing.

Ray laughed and stepped closer to me. I turned and kissed his lips, and he wrapped an arm around my waist. "You look fabulous, Mikey. So do you Sammy. So do I. We're just a fabulous looking family, even though I'm not entirely sure what the triplets are wearing." I looked at him and we were matching, except his shirt matched his jacket, and he wore a fedora-type hat. All his hair was tucked up under it, almost unrecognizable to someone who wasn't used to seeing his curly locks.

"I'm sure they look fabulous," I said, leaning on him.

"I don't know. You're parents had full control over what they wore and I worry about their fashion sense some days. I mean, your mom wears leopard print with purple. Just weird."

"Hey, that was one time! And it was only because Sammy picked it out, and you know that. Your mom wears weird stuff too," I defended, but laughed slightly.

"Yeah, but the fact that your mom willingly put it on just weirds me out. Then she went out in public like that. It was weird." Ray shuddered, and Sammy laughed. "I know my mom wears weird stuff, that's why she hasn't dressed any of my kids."

I bit my lip, unable to think of a comeback. The sound of another door opened and we both turned to look, even Sammy looked.

"Mikey! Ray!" Frank ran into the hallway. He looked different than both Ray and I. He had on a white shirt with a grey vest, and a red tie. He had a hat like Ray, too, except his was more of a flat cap, but it matched his vest. Neither of couple who were getting married today wore dresses (thank God), and together they matched each other. Frank had his tattoos covered up, which was a miracle, considering how many he had on his arms and neck. The only ones visible were the ones on his hands, but you could never see Frank without those.

"Hey Frank," I said. He was smiling as he stopped a few feet from us. He had very short hair, and his face piercings were missing. "Don't you have a jacket to go with that?."

"Not that I know of. Why does this look weird?" he asked, looking down at himself.

"Nope," Ray said, "not at all. Except your hair. Is that white? Did you dye the sides of your hair white?"

"Yeah, my hair's been like this for like two weeks, Ray. The rest is black, if you don't remember," Frank took off his hat, revealing his colored hair. He put the hat back on, "Does it look okay now? I can't believe you forgot that I did my hair like this. For Christ's Sake, you were with me!"

"Yeah, I like your hair, Frank," I said, giving a smile. He smiled back, and started bouncing on his toes.

"I'm sorry! I have a horrible memory!"

"Whatever. I'm hurt. The damage is done now. Get out," Frank pointed to a door behind Ray and I.

"You're not gonna kick me out, Frank. You love me too much. Plus I'm your best man, or as you put it 'maid of honor' which I think is a weird term for me, by the way."

"I don't care if you like it or not." Frank huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "that's what you are. Or were before you offended me."

The two stopped their little argument, the hallway going silent for the millionth time. I hated the silence. "You nervous?" I asked finally, breaking the silence of the hallway and Frank nodded.

"A little, but I figured I would be."

I turned to Ray, "This is why I'm glad we got married in front of like ten people and went out to a bar afterwards for the reception. I was nervous as hell, but I didn't have to do all this," I motioned to everything with my hands, "in front of lots of people like my brother has to do."

Ray rolled his eyes, "A big wedding would've been nice, but I'm glad too. It's even worse for Gerard considering how famous his band's become and fans trying to find the church and get pictures of them or stop the wedding."

"Yeah, true-"

"You two aren't helping me here!" Frank cut in. He looked more nervous than before, not that he looked nervous earlier.

"Sorry," Ray and I mumbled, looking down at the floor. I stared at my shoes for a second, the sound of a door opening again causing me to look up. Bob walked into the room, shifting his jacket around on his body. He was dressed just like me.

"Hey, Frank, you ready to go anytime soon?" Bob asked, standing at the end of the hallway. He was near the door that would lead to the sanctuary. If I remember the rehearsal right, Bob walks Frank down, since Frank's dad couldn't make it or something, while Ray and I walk down together, Sammy in between us somewhere.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Good enough for me," Bob motioned us closer to the door. I held my hand out for Sammy to grab, and so she did, hopping off the chair, swinging her basket in her other hand.

"Don't even ask if we're ready. Feeling the love Bob," I said, pretending to be hurt. "I thought we were friends!"

Bob rolled his eyes, "I'm not in the mood for this Mikey. I'm horny and crabby."

"Oh no, a crabby Bob!" I said, and he sent me a death glare. I shrunk back into Ray, who wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry Frank," Bob muttered an apology to Frank, "long night. Don't mean to ruin your day."

"Oh, it's okay. I know exactly how you feel," Frank said, and he winked. The room burst into laughter, aside from Sammy of course. Frank took a deep breath, "You guys up for this?"

"It doesn't really matter if we are or not. No one's here to see our pretty faces," Ray said. I could tell Ray was glaring at Bob, even if I couldn't see Ray's face. Even over the past months, the two hadn't been getting along like I'd hoped they would. Ray pretty much still hated Bob, but he'd gotten better at hiding it.

"True," Frank laughed, "except me. I always love to see your pretty faces. Especially supporting me in something insane. Like marriage. Marriage is an insane idea, and here I am."

"Frank, don't you dare cry," I said, seeing tears well up in his eyes. "I will cry if you cry. Then the wedding will be postponed because we'll be sitting back here crying in each other's arms, and Gerard will think I'm trying to steal you from him - even though I don't love you like that, just saying - and call the wedding off and I'll have gotten all dolled up for nothing."

Frank laughed, and smiled at me, wiping his eyes carefully. "Okay, I'm good. Can we just get this started?"

"Sure thing, just have to open the doors and walk down, say some words and then we're done!" I said, moving to stand in front of the door since Ray and I would be going down first. I interlocked my arm with Ray's, turning my head to look back at the two men behind me. "You two have to give Sammy a push to go down when it's her turn." I reminded them, the doors slowly creaking open.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy-pants," Frank said and I stuck my tongue out at him before Ray started to pull me forward. We started to walk down the aisle, going past faces of friends and family. I saw Gerard standing at the altar, looking nervous. We'd probably taken longer than he'd expected back there, and if I were him, I'd start assuming Frank was having second thoughts.

"Isn't this lovely?" Ray whispered as we walked down, taking even steps. I looked forward, locking eyes with Gerard.

"Yes, very lovely. Like a stroll through the park, except we've never done that so I don't know why I'm comparing the two," I whispered back and he cracked a smile. We reached the end of the aisle, music starting to play. Ray and I separated, me going to stand behind Gerard while he went to go stand opposite of us.

Everyone looked back, seeing Sammy emerge from the doors. I saw a hand push her forward slightly, and I smiled, recognizing the arm as Bob's from this distance (I didn't see any tattoos on it). She looked around, pausing for a moment. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Ray motion her forward. She put on a huge smile and started to walk down the aisle, throwing flowers on the ground around her, making sure to cover every inch of the floor was covered. When she was just past halfway down, the big doors opened. Frank and Bob stepped into view and I quickly turned to look at Gerard.

"Your fiancee," I whispered, giving him a pat on the back.

I will admit it was a weird sight to see Bob and Frank walk down together, Frank smiling like an idiot and Bob kept a straight face. I wonder if it looked weird when Ray and I walked down. I saw Georgie, I think, try and reach out into the aisle with my mom holding him back. He was wearing a tiny black suit and a green tie. Bridgit sat on my mom's leg, an arm wrapped around her, wearing a purple and white dress. Henry sat on my dad's lap, giggling so loud I could hear him from up here. He had a red tie on, matching the wedding party more than the other two.

Gerard stepped away from the altar as Frank got closer, meeting him at the end of the pews. Eyes glued on the two as Frank let go of Bob and took Gerard's arm, looking each other in the eye before stepping up to the altar. Bob went to go sit down, taking a seat in the front row next to where Katelyn sat, wearing a strapless green and purple dress, with sparkles all over it. Her usual frizzy hair was straightened, and she looked different than she usually did.

I locked eyes with Ray as Gerard and Frank passed between us, Sammy holding her basket and standing by Ray. People in the crowd sat as the minister started talking. I flashed Ray a smile, turning to face ahead, just over an arms length away from Gerard, being the support he was to me.

After exchanging vows, the miniters smiled and had the two turn towards each other. "May I present to you, Gerard and Frank Way-Iero." I watched as my brother kissed his husband, smiling. People clapped as the two interlocked arms, smiles bigger than the sun on their faces.

They walked down the aisle, back to the big doors at the end, where we had emerged not long before, starting off their married lives together.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's it, my readers.
The end.
It took me around 6 months to write this story.
Hope you enjoyed it! :D