Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 2

Time passed and I was getting the same reactions from the rest of my family as I did from my mom. Shock. They were all simply shocked I had showed up this year. Apparenlty a few of my uncles had a bet about me showing up or not. I didn't care though, the sun was setting and we'd be going back to our hotel soon enough. A Way family reunion wasn't just one day, it was usually a week. A week of 'family fun'.

"Michael, I found you!" My mom said once she found me sitting on the swings by myself. My dad and Frank were attempting to start a campfire, while Gerard went around, gathering supplies for his next prank it looked like.

"Yeah, guess you did." I said, looking up. My phone rang in my pocket, and I pulled it out to see it was from Ray. "Excuse me, Mom, gotta take this." I got up from the swing, walking away, not noticing my mother not far behind me.

"Hey Ray," I said, not too enthusiastically apparently.

" 'Hey Ray' is all I get? Why not a 'Hey, wassup Rayray?" Ray asked. I heard Sammy in the background. "Anyways, hello again Mikey dearest, how was your day? Did your mom like the pictures?"

"Oh yeah, she loved them," I lied, walking farther and farther from the family soon-to-be-bonfire. "Yeah, said Sammy looked adorable. As for my day, kind of sad. Lots of people were crying, aside from me and Gerard. We kind of snuck out, went to McDonalds, and got back before anyone noticed. Apparently everyone had something to say about him."

Ray laughed, "Glad she liked the pictures, and that sounds fun, Mikey. Sammy said her first real sentence today. Here Sammy, tell daddy what you told me," Ray said in a baby-ish voice.

"I love my daddies!" A child's voice said.

"We have a wonderful daughter," Ray said. I could tell he was smiling through the phone, "wish you were here!"

"Yeah, I wish so too. I should be home later this week, I'm not sure if I'll stay here the whole week, to be honest. I miss you two so much."

"No, you have fun with your family, Mikey! You haven't seen them in years, they didn't even come to our wedding! You just have fun, for us both. Oh, gotta go, Sammy's trying to walk down the stairs again. Getting a baby gate tomorrow for sure. Bye honey!"

"Bye Rayray," I said, hanging up. I stopped and looked up at the stars coming out. I heard footsteps behind me and m body went stiff.

"Rayray?" my mom asked curiosly.

I turned, "Yeah, a friend from work, we call him Rayray all the time. He was just telling me about our new supervisor, Eric. A real ass apparently."

"Mmhmm," I could tell she wasn't believing me, but I left her there, jogging back to the camp fire. I found Gerard and Frank starting another sing a long, and I pulled Gerard away.

"Gee, can we leave?" I asked innocently, doing a fake yawn. "We should probably check in to our hotel before it gets too late."

"Awh, really?" Gerard whined, I guess he was having fun.

"You and Frank can have some 'alone time' once we get back, since we got separate rooms.

"Hell yeah," Gerard whispered back. He went back to the fire, "Sorry guys, time for us to head out. See ya all tomorrow at Mom and Dad's! C'mon Frank!"

****************************************

We drove back to the hotel, Frank saying how cool our family was. "Dude, your guys' Dad is hilarious!"

Gerard checked us in, giving me a separate key, and he and Frank ran off to go who knows what.

I fell asleep, plannning to be a lot more careful when I talked to Ray; I'd only talk to him while at the hotel, or I was on my own somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 2 of my Rikey!
Enjoy!