Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 3

The rest of the week was dragging by slowly, each day being more tiring than the last. Of course Frank and Gerard were having tons of fun, but I was never the life of a party, or so I've been told (Ray would say I AM the life of the party). I was just kind of left alone most of the time - except at kickball time on Thursday. I was the most wanted - apparently I'm the best at kickball. Gerard, who was on the other team, wasn't paying attention at one point and got hit with the ball when I kicked it. He fell to the ground, holding his chest where the ball hit him, acting as if he was seriously hurt. Me, being the fool I am, fell for it, and he tagged me with the ball when I checked to see if he was okay.

That sneaky bastard, but I admired him for that sneak attack.

When Friday rolled around, though, I was extremely happy. It was our last day in Bellevile, and I'd be home later today. Today consisted of a family picture, and our paintball gun war, I didn't sign my name or address to get the picture, didn't want Ray finding a copy anywhere, now did I?

The paintball war was fun. Gerard and I teamed up, apparently Frank wanted to be with our dad - he had really taken a liking to him this week, it was kind of scary. Frank was closer to my dad than I was, I think.

Gerard and I were stalking around the paintball course, guarding each others backs with our lives, it seemed like. I remember getting my cousin Angie out right away, getting her when she was doing her make up. Gerard got her teammate, Henry, before he got me.

The course was huge, it consisted of lots of tables, walls, trees, and other things to hide behind. You never really knew where someone could be hiding, just waiting for you to come in range. It was thrilling, terrifying, and one of the best days ever.

There were just two teams left- Gerard and I (we started calling our team 'The Rainbow Unicorns'..we found twigs and put them in our helmets, and our colors were rainbows..it makes sense, don't lie!), and my father and Frank (we called them 'Soon to be losers' I know, we're so nice).

"Where the hell are those two?" Gerard whispered, crouching down behind rocks as we walked along, guns at the ready.

"No fucking clue. Think they left, forfeited and didn't tell us?" I suggested. My phone rang in my pocket, and I cursed, pulling it out. "I thought I put this fucking thing on silent!" I said, checking the caller ID. It was Frank.

"You did, but I changed it before we started." Frank said, appearing out of no where. He held his gun, pointing it at me turned slightly and saw my dad pointing a paintball gun at Gerard.

I leaned in close to Gerard, "You get Dad, I'll get Frank." Gerard nodded.

"ATTACK!!" Gerard cried, taking a shot at dad who so easily dodged it. I turned and shot at Frank, just barely missing him because of my horrible aim.

"Stand down and no one will hurt you!" He said, laughing, aiming his gun. I started running at him, aiming my gun better, screaming "Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!" and shooting, hitting him on his protective vest, shooting a couple more time, just so he would get the message. He fell to his knees dramatically, pretending to die. I laughed before I heard Gerard shouting my name.

"Mikey!!" Gerard called. I turned to see him on his knees, clutching his chest. I locked eyes with my dad who ran away from me, laughing like a child. "Go on without me! Get him so the Rainbow Unicorns can win this game!"

I nodded, leaving him and Frank behind, chasing after where I last saw my father. A paintball whizzed past my head, hitting the tree behind me. My eyes widened. I saw movement behind a boulder, and I chuckled silently, tiptoeing over. He knew I was coming, though, and he popped up over the boulder and shot at me. I took a shot at him too, hitting him.

I threw my hands up, cheering. "Fuck yeah! We won! The Rainbow Unicorns won!" I laughed, giving my dad a hand up. He shook his head and pointed at my chest.

"I got you, son."

I looked, there was a paintsplatter on me that I didn't feel when it hit me, apparently. "Then who won?" I asked.

"Tie?" He suggested, and I nodded, laughing.

"Fine, a fucking tie. Let's head back, eh?" We headed back to where the game started, finding the rest of the family waiting in anticipation for us. We were laughing as we approached them.

"Who won?" Gerard and Frank asked in unison, asking the question that was on everyone's mind.

"It was a tie between the Rainbow Unicorns and the Manly Men," my dad said, smiling.

"No! I say we settle the tie with rock, paper, scissors!" Gerard suggested, not happy with the fact that we didn't win, he apparently wanted the prize...it was just a coupon for a discount on a pizza at Pizza Hut. He didn't even like Pizza Hut! "Between Dad and Mikey! Best two out of three!!"

I glared at Gerard, then looked to my dad, "Challenge accepted?"

Dad nodded, dropping his paintball gun and held out his fist. I did the same.

"Rock, papers, scissors, shoot!" We said in unison. I had a scissor, he had a rock. Point one to dear ol' dad. The second time I came out victorious, I had scissor and he had paper. The third and final time, I did paper and he did rock. Gerard cheered, "The Rainbow Unicorns win!"

"That's not right! How the hell does paper beat rock? Here, hold this piece of paper while I throw this rock at you, Mikey!" Frank said, clearly unsatisfied with the result.

"No fucking clue, Frank. But we won!" Gerard and I high fived. Frank started to come at me, but Gerard stopped him. "Now Frankie, be nice." Gerard said, and Frank gave a pouty look, but let it go.

"Fine," he lowered his voice, "but you owe me." He winked at Gerard, just as one of my uncles announced it was picture time.

After this picture, it would be time to leave. I hurried into the shot. The camera flashed. I blinked away spots from my eyes as another few shots were taken.

This was definetely an awesome day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 3 of my Rikey! :D
Enjoy~