Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 5

I opened the door for Sammy, and she ran into the building. The building being McDonalds, the closest restaurant to the hospital, which Ray was at. Ray wasn't hurt, no, Ray was there, waiting, just like I would be doing, but Sammy got hungry and hospital food didn't look appetizing.

"Hey, Sammy, get back here," I commanded, crouching down to catch Sammy as she ran towards me, and I caught her, lifting her up as I stood, moving behind the line. The door to the restaurant opened, but I didn't turn to look - I mean, who cares who comes in every second?

I was looking up at the menu, debating on what to get. "Hmm, you want nuggets, don't you?" I asked Sammy, who wrapped her arms around my neck, I could feel her nod. "Okay then, what should we get daddy?"

"Booger!" she said, pushing away from slightly, smmiling in front of my face like the child she was.

"I really hope you mean 'burger' " I chuckled, grabbing my wallet out of my jean pocket. I started humming quietly, and Sammy was playing with my hair. "No no Sammy, don't mess up my hair - it's my best feature."

Sammy giggled, bouncing in my arms. I heard whispering behind me, but I thought nothing of it.

"Michael?" a familair voice asked, tapping me on the shoulder.

I turned to see my mother and father behind me. My eyes widened. "W-what are you two doing here?"

"We came to town to see Gerard, he said he'd meet us here. How are you, Michael? We haven't seen you in almost a year now! I thought you were going to come for Thanksgiving! Ooh, whose this?" She asked, pointing to Sammy.

I gulped, "Uh, this is my boss' daughter, Samantha. I'm looking after her while his wife is in labor," I said, that being the best excuse I could come up with. It was sort of true, though.

"Mhmm," my mom said, I could feel her eyes moving across me, examining me. I had just seen her almost a year ago, had I really changed that much? "I see you're wearing a wedding ring, Michael."

I started cursing myself in my mind, mentally slapping myself. Sammy was trying to touch my parents, but I held her closer to me. "Uh..." I mumbled.

"Sir?" a voice behind me asked. I turned and saw I was next in line.

"Excuse me," I said to my parents, stepping up to the cashier. "Uh, kids nuggets with apples and milk, and then like five cheeseburgers and two medium fries." I handed her the money, and stepped out of line. My dad went next, ordering, while my mom stepped by me.

"When did you get married? And when were you going to tell me?" she questioned, I could feel her eyes burning into me.

I looked down, "It was a private thing...she didn't want to tell anyone until we knew for sure if it would work..." The best excuse I could come up with.

"Daddy loves Daddy," Sammy mumbled in my arms, her hands going back to playing with my hair. I was nervous at that, but she changed the topic.

My mom furrowed her brow, "What is this toddler talking about? I thought you said your boss was with his wife who was in labor."

"I-I did, she just has a friend in day care who has two dads..She likes repeating what her friend says, a lot, don't ya Sammy?"

"Don't mess up my hair," she giggled, messing up one side of my head.

My order came, and I quickly grabbed it, "I'll talk to you later, Mom, gotta get these burgers to my boss." I walked out the door, running into Gerard. I gave him a death glare, and he saw our parents behind me, and how I was holding Sammy. I didn't say anything.

Sammy and I were walking back to the hospital since it was so close. Well, I was walking, and carrying her, because I did not trust her enough to walk by a busy street yet. Well, I sort of did, Ray didn't, and if he found out, he'd kill me. I heard my phone ring in my pocket, but I coudln't grab it because my hands were full. I stopped, setting Sammy down, "Stay, do not move." I commanded, getting my phone out.

I saw a text from Gerard. I opened it. 'Sorry bro, I didn't know you'd be there.'

I texted him back, rolling my eyes 'Warn a guy when they come to town next! They saw my ring! GEE! THEY SAW IT!'

'Dude, I know. They're questioning me about your 'wife'. Why are you going to the hospital? I see you thru the window.'

'I'll explain later. Gotta get Ray these burgers. Just..keep mom and dad away from me, 'kay?' I felt like an ass after that last statement as I put my phone back in my pocket, lifting Sammy back up and continuing my walk.

The doors to the hospital lead to a waiting room. I saw Ray. He was sitting all alone and didn't see us come in. I set Sammy down and she ran over to him, jumping on his lap. "Daddy!" I threw the bag of food on him after taking out some fries for myself.

"Sorry we took so long, Gerard showed up and questioned me as to why I was going to the hospital."

"Oh..Liz came out not long before you came. She said they were starting the C-section.." Ray paused, taking a bite of his burger. "You know, Mikey, we can invite Gerard and Frank here now to see them right away. I could tell him, if you wanted. It doesn't seem right that they don't know.."

I chewed my fries, thinking. Gerard was with my parents, and no idea where Frank was - not like he was my brother. "I can text him," I mumbled, pulling out my phone.

'Ray wants you @ the hospital..If you come tho, mom and dad can't. Frank can, tho.' I texted with slightly greasy fingers. "GAH! I hate how greasy these fucking fries are."

Ray chuckled, handing me a napkin from out of the bag. "Here."

Liz came into the waiting room, a smile on her face. "First one's a boy!"

I looked at Ray, who was watching Liz as she left again. "A boy?" he seemed so happy by the thought.

I remembered the day when Liz's sister, Amy, asked us if we'd adopt the kids she was carrying. She had just graduated high school, getting her life on track, when she had made a 'really stupid mistake'. It took a lot of convincing for me to agree, considering I thought Sammy was enough trouble to take care of at times. It's not that I don't love Sammy, I do, but she can be a handful.

Anyways, we had gone to the park one morning, eating doughnuts and drinking coffee when they asked Ray and I. Of course, he was all for it after just a few minutes of discussing. He gave me his puppy dog eyes, and I agreed after much arguing. Amy said she'd help out as best she could, but she 'just wasn't ready for kids' and 'didn't want to get an abortion or give them up to strangers.'

So here we were, at the hospital, about 3 months after we had agreed to adopt the kids. I still hadn't told Gerard, or anyone for that matter, aside from some people at work. When I say 'kids' I mean it. She's having triplets. That fact alone scared me. Three babies </i>plus</i> Sammy? It was too much to handle.

The doors to the hospital opened, and I saw Gerard with a worried expression. "What happened to Ray?" he breathed, I guess he ran here, before he saw Ray sitting next to me. Sammy ran up to him, hugging his leg.

"Nothing happened to Ray, as you can see." I said, looking away.

"Then why am I here?" Mom and Dad are practically right behind me, I seemed to hear in my mind.

Ray coughed, "Somehting important, Gerard." he motioned for Gerard to sit, but he stayed standing. "We're adopting again. My friend's sister is getting a c-section as we speak. I thought you'd want to meet your new nieces or nephews.."

Gerard's jaw dropped, and he moved to the chair beside us. "Seriously?" he looked at me, "why the fuck didn't you tell me? I just saw you like ten minutes ago!"

I shrugged, "It didn't seem like the right moment to tell you.." I whispered.

Liz came into view again, "Second one's a girl!" she beamed at us, noticing Gerard. She waved to him, disappearing again.

"Second?" he asked. I nodded.

"Triplets." Ray and I said in unison.

Gerard gave a shaky laugh, "God, I don't know if I'll ever see you two again. Four kids? When will you sleep?"

We were silent for a few moments. Sammy was running around the room, her hair flying behind her as she went. I chuckled, leaning closer to Ray.

"I wonder what the third one is.." I whispered, looking up at him.

Ray shrugged, "I can tell, I already love all three of them. And Sammy. And you, I love you most of all," Ray leaned down, and I met him in the middle for our lips to share a passionate kiss. That is, it was passionate until I heard something that made my blood turn cold.

"Michael!" an all to familair voice called.

Fuckshit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh shit's going down haha
Part 5.
Enjoy!