Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 6

Fuckshit.

I saw my parents standing there, looking at Ray and I with confused eyes. I looked at Gerard, who scrambled out of his seat, almost tripping over his feet. "Uh, hey!" He said, "what are you two doing here? I thought I said I'd be right back!"

"We followed you, because you looked worried," my mom said, pushing past Gerard and walking over to me. "Now Michael, what is going on here?"

Gerard pulled my mom back, mouthing something. I grabbed Sammy up and pulled Ray by his wrist, running down the stairs nearby. This couldn't be happening, could it? This is a nightmare, right? Ray stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"What the fuck is going on, Mikes? Who the hell are they?"

"Uh, long-time stalkers. Let's go. Which way is the nursery again?" I started to wander the halls, walking a fast pace. We ran into Liz. "Third one's a boy!" she said, grabbing our hands and pulling us forward. "She wants your opinions on names, since they're techinically yours.. C'mon!" She led us up a flight of stairs on the otherside of the building, into a room where I saw a tired Amy and three newborns in those container things on wheels. All were crying, and nurses were attending to them.

"Amy, I found them!" she said, sitting by her sister.

I looked at the newborns, all were cleaned up and covered in blankets. One pink, two blue. Sammy was trying to get a closer look at them, but I held her back. I locked my gaze with Ray for a moment.

"C-can I hold one?" he stuttered. One of the nurses picked up the girl, smiling as she handed the baby to Ray.

The girl - our new daugther - slowly stopped crying as Ray bounced back and forth. "She's so beautiful," I heard Ray whisper, probably to himself. Ray sat down on one of the chairs, Sammy walking over to him, poking her new sister in the stomach. The baby started to cry again.

"No no, Sammy," Ray said, "gotta be nice to your new sister."

Sammy kissed the newborn's head, "Sorry," she whispered. I cracked a smile.

I walked over to Ray, kneeling beside the chair. "What do you want to name her?" Amy asked tiredly from the bed, giving a weak smile.

"She looks like a Bridget.." Ray whispered, looking at our new daughter.

"Beautiful name." Amy said. Liz was holding one of the boys, and handed him to Amy. She picked up the other one and handed him to me. "You should hold your new son," she said with a smile.

The second he was in my arms, I felt a connection, "Georgie. His name should be Georgie. He looks like a Georgie," I pointed out, giving Ray a closer look.

Ray smiled, nodding, "Amy, you should name the last one. You gave birth to them, after all." Ray stood up, holding Bridget carefully, walking over to Amy.

Amy looked at the little boy she had in her arms, and I wondered what she'd name him.

"Henry." She said suddenly. "That what his biological dad's name is. Henry. Henry John..It just sounds right." She smiled down at the boy in her arms, and I could tell she already loved him, and probably didn't want to give him up anymore.

"Bridget, George, Henry, Sammy, Mikey, and Ray." Liz said, "you're an oddball in this family, Ray. One syllable. Tsk tsk."

"Technically, my name is Raymond," Ray laughed, "so I'm not an oddball."

There were laughs all around the room. I was forgetting about my parents showing up, and I hoped Ray forgot completely - I did not want to explain what I meant by 'long time stalkers' to him. He couldn't know they were my parents.

* * * * * * *

Gerard did his best to hold off his parents, but they eventually got past him.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck," Gerard whispered under his breath, chasing after them. "Hey, wait up! Where are you two going?" he asked, running in front of them, stopping, and causing them to stop.

"Who the hell was Mikey with?" Gerard's mom asked. Gerard was shocked, his mom hardly ever swore, unless of course she was pissed.

"Uh..." Gerard whispered, "what are you talking about? Mikey's not here.." Gerard decided to play with his parents old minds'.

"You know he is! He was kissing some guy and then ran off with a little girl he told me was his boss's daughter!" Gerard's mom was clearly pissed off, but was showing signs of confusion.

Gerard furrowed his brow, acting like the true professional he secretly was at acting. "No..Mikey isn't gay, Mom. He's married, remember? I told you, her name is Raven! Or Ray for short. You see? Ray can be a guy name, but trust me on this."

His mom stared at him in pure confusion now, "Oh yeah..."

"Why don't you two go back to my place? You're clearly tired. I'll go get groceries or something. I'll bake us an amazing supper."

Gerard lead his parents to the front of the hospital, leaving them as they went back to McDonald's to get their car. Gerard let out a slow breath of air, straightening his posture as he walked back into the hospital. "I'm so good at acting, I should be in a fucking movie." He smiled, spending many minutes looking for the room Mikey and Ray would be in. After many mistakenly opened doors, he found his brother.

* * * * * *

I looked up when the door opened, expecting a nurse to come in to check in on us. It was Gerard. I stood up, holding my new son, Georgie.

"Look, Gee! It's Georgie!" I had a big grin on my face, "my son! My new son!" I handed Gerard Georgie, taking a step back. I saw Gerard's face soften a little from his previous somewhat worried expression.

"Georgie?" he asked, I nodded. Gerard laughed, walking further into the room. "And who are these two?" he asked, looking at the other babies.

"Bridget and Henry." Ray said proudly, his finger being held onto by both of Bridget's hands. "Henry is the oldest by a few minutes, Georgie's the youngest."

"Nu uh, I'm the oldest Daddy!" Sammy said from her spot on the floor. She had managed to find a coloring book somewhere, and was scribbling all over it with a pen.

"Oh, that's right! How could I forget?" Ray laughed, placing Bridget down in those container things.

The room was silent as far as talking to each other went. People were talking baby talk to the babies, and a nurse came into the room with food for Amy, who had just woken up from a nap.

I coughed, catching the nurse as she left the room. "When do you think the babies will be allowed to leave the hospital?" I asked.

The nurse thought for a moment, "If everything goes okay, could be as soon as tomorrow. Don't hold me to that, though." She gave a small smile and left the room.

I could have my new kids tomorrow. I was beyond excited and nervous, I can't even describe how I felt. I can tell you, Ray and I spent the night at the hospital, staying as close to the kids as long as we could, talking with Amy about the kids.

It was a peaceful ending to a day that wasn't so great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 6.
Four kids. hmm interesting
Enjoy