Status: Done :)

My Family Doesn't Know

My family doesn't know part 9

*~* Ray's POV*~*

I dialed the number, moving to sit in the living room. I sat on our dark colored couch, listening to the phone ringing. It was about 5 PM, or so my clock said, but it usually lied to me.

"Hello, Way residents. Who is this?" a light female voice said.

"Uh, hello Mrs. Way. I'm Ray, a friend of Gerard's and Mikey's. We met once before I think, I used to play guitar in Gerard's band."

"Oh, hello Ray. What can I do for you? You know Gerard and Mikey don't live with me, right?"

I swallowed, "Yeah, I know. I need to talk to you, about Mikey."

"Haven't heard from Michael in months. You say you're a friend of his, do you know anything about his wife?"

I clenched my other hand into a fist, "He doesn't have a wife, Mrs. Way."

She laughed lightly, "Of course he does! He has a wedding ring!"

"That doesn't mean he has a wife, Mrs. Way." I said through clenched teeth, controling my voice.

"It does! I mean, my baby boy isn't gay, or lying about married."

"Mrs. Way, Mikey is gay. He's married, yes, and has four beautiful, adopted children. How do I know this? He's married to me. I just found out you didn't know he was married, and he ran off because he believed you wouldn't love him if you found out he was gay. He's been hiding the past seven or so years of his life from you, Mrs. Way. I thought it'd be right to tell you. Now, please don't hate Mikey for his sexuality and choices he's made."

The line was quiet and I was afraid she had hung up on me, that is until she spoke. "You're saying both my baby boys are gay?" she asked in a whisper.

I nodded, but then I realized she couldn't see me. "I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted, but it's true. They're both very happy, at least Mikey was until earlier today before he left. That's all that should matter, isn't it? If they're happy, not their partner's gender, right?"

I could hear her sigh, like this was the hardest thing she ever had to say. "I guess that's all that matters."

I smiled, "Now, I have a suggestion.."

*~*Mikey's wonderful POV*~*

I drove for hours, getting my supper through a drive thru window. I had no idea where I was going, but I was going. I was running from my troubles, hoping they wouldn't follow. I knew they would, though, but hopefully I could get away from them just for a few hours at least; I'd be happier.

The stars were starting to shine and I decided to go somewhere, the closest town was in New York, and I knew I didn't really have any other option unless I decided to go back, but I don't want to go back and face Ray. Not yet, at least.

"I will go back," I told myself the rest of the drive. I ended up going straight to New York City, and I knew I was in deep shit. "How the hell am I gonna find a cheap hotel this close to Christmas?" I asked myself, pulling into the first hotel I saw. There were tons of cars, but I managed to find a parking spot, that had to be good, right?

The hotel wasn't too fancy, but it was huge. The doors were automatic and I walked in with just the clothes on my back and my wallet in my jacket poket. I stepped up to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" a young brunette asked me.

"Do you by chance have a room available?" I asked as nicely as I could.

She turned to her computer, her fingers flying over the keyboard. "We have one room, $45 a night and one for about $200 a night."

"The cheap one please."

She laughed, "That's what I thought." her fingers flew over the keyboard again and she asked me a series of questions and I answered. She soon gave me a room key, "Have a wonderful night, Mr. Way." she said and I left the front desk.

As I headed up to my room, which was on the sixth floor, my phone rang in the elevator. I looked at the name. It was Gerard. I sighed, ignoring the call and opening my room door when I arrived to it.

The room itself was neat, but lonely feeling. There were two queen size beds, a TV, and a desk. The bathroom had a nice bath and shower mix. I sighed, sitting down on one of the beds, running a hand through my hair. My phone rang again and I saw Frank's name. Probably Gerard using Frank's phone. I again ignored the call; I didn't feel like talking right now.

I turned the TV on and I saw one of those cartoon Christmas specials on. I groaned, mumbling to myself as I decided to take a shower.

-Mini time lapse-

After my shower, I turned on the news, deciding anything was better than a Christmas special. My phone beeped and I realized I had a voicemail. Actually I had about three. All from either Gerard or Frank. After a long debate, I listened to them.

"Hey Mikes, your amazing brother here. Please don't kill me! Remember, you'll go to jail if you do, and I don't want that. I wouldn't be able to live with myself..."

"but you'll be dead!" I heard Frank chime in.

"Ah, shut up Frankie, I'm trying to tell my brother not to kill me! Anyways, I did something and you'll want to kill me. Just remember, though, I told him not to! Bye!"

Message one deleted.

"Hey Mikey, just calling to ask where the hell you are. Sammy is worried sick because she heard me telling Frank. Sammy, you wanna say something to daddy?"

"I love you Daddy," Sammy's voice said.

"Hope you're okay, bye."

Message two deleted.

The third one was from Frank's phone.

"Hey Mikey, just wanted to say I'm here if you ever want to talk," Frank's voice said. Then the line was dead.

Message three deleted.

I threw my phone on the other bed, grabbing the remote and climbing under the covers of this bed, only in my boxers. Tomorrow I would have to go find other clothes somewhere.

The last thing on my mind before I drifted off to sleep was Ray's voice "I can't trust you until you tell her."

*~*Gerard's sassy POV*~*

Frank and I had tried calling Mikey numerous times, but Mikey, being the stubborn bastard he was, didn't answer, so we decided to go to sleep.

If only the triplets would shut the fuck up, we would sleep. We'd get them asleep, then Frank and I would go lay down, and they'd start crying!

It's official, I don't want kids. I'll just be an amazingly awesome uncle to my nieces and nephews.

"You go get them this time," I mumbled sleepily to Frank, hitting him with a pillow.

"Hell no, you're coming with me." Frank got out of bed, pulling me onto the floor. He was used to being up late at night, since that's when he went to work. I don't see why he won't let me get my sleep.

"Ugh," I groaned, landing on the floor with a thud. "Fuck, that hurt." I opened my eyes tiredly, seeing a smiling Frank looking down at me. "Why are you smiling?"

He laughed, "Because you're so cute when you're tired. Let's go."

Frank and I went to the living room where the kids were. All of them were crying, except Sammy, she was sleeping. How could she sleep through this? No fucking clue. I sat on the floor, starting to rock the baby carriers they were in. "Shh," I whispered, rocking to a steady beat, "uncle Gerard wants to go to sleep."

"Why don't you sing to them, Gerard?" Frank suggested, rocking one of the kids - Georgie, I think.

I shrugged, "What song?"

"Rockabye baby, duh," Frank said with a smirk.

I coughed, clearing my throat and Frank laughed. I smiled. "Rockabye baby on the tree top, when the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all," I sang, repeatedly, and the babies slowly started to calm down. I heard little footsteps behind me and I saw Sammy coming to sit by me.

"I love that song. Sing again?" she asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

I started to sing again, and Frank joined in with me. Sammy started singing, making up her own words, though. Soon the triplets were back asleep - I really hoped for sure this time - and the three of us stayed in the living room. Frank took the recliner while Sammy layed with me on the couch. Soon we were all asleep, the room silent aside from quiet snores.

Okay, maybe having kids wouldn't be all bad, I thought as I drifted off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy