Status: Active c:

I Trusted You

Chapter 1

"A-Are you alright?" Cody asked. "We can take a short break if you're tired"

Cody had grabbed me and we had ran all the way to the woods, where we should be safe. But we were both completely soaked and dirty head to toe. But now I was wearing the jacket to his tux. He gave it too me so my arms didn't get scratched by stray branches. A soft sigh escaped my lips and I closed my eyes, then opened them again as I spoke,

"I'm okay." I spoke with a passive aggressive tone. "But honestly what are we going to do now, Cody? We've been running around like this forever! We don't even know where we are!"

"I-I'm sorry Milady. I was just trying to do what was best for you. But I failed..."

I sighed and tilted his face back up when he looked down. "'Failed'?" I replied with a question. "We're both still alive, are we not?"

Cody looked at me and smiled, "Yes, my apologies milady, I'm just worried."

Then his gaze flipped toward something I couldn't see.

"... Hmm? It might just be my eyes but I believe there is something in the distance."

We began walking closer and I could finally see it,

"N-No! I see it too! It looks like a village! T-There's even a castle too!"

Cody beamed, "Yes! A castle! Certainly if we tell them you're a princess they'll help you! Hurry, Milady, let's go!"

~~~

It was pitch black as ee ran through the village and we got to the door of the castle.

"Well here we are..." Cody said, "I suppose all we can do now is knock and cross our fingers."

I gave him a little nod and he knocked on the door. Nothing happened but after a few seconds, a loud but soft demanding voice came from inside,

"Do you have any idea what time it is? If it's not important come back in the morning. State your name and business."

Cody nodded to himself, "Ah! Y-Yes! I apologize for bothering you this late at night. M-My name is Cody Ashton and I'm here with the Princess of the Solar Kingdom. Our castle was attacked... and we were forced to flee..." Cody stopped for a slight breath, "... We've been wandering around for hours, with no destination or shelter. I would be grateful if you were so kind as to let us stay here..."

There was a very long pause and Cody and I began getting concerned, I poked Cody's arm,
"Say something." Then I pointed to the door.

Cody nodded, "Uhm, hello? Are you still there?"

A rush voice came back. "I'm thinking! If you're that impatient then come in for now."

Cody grinned at me then wiped it away as he spoke, "Y-Yes, of course! Thank you very much."

We opened the doors and walked in. There was a long carpet on the light marble floor that led up to a velvet purple throne.

"Uhm, hello? Is anyone here?" We were told to come in but-"

The familiar voice boomed into the room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Can't you just wait for one second?"

Suddenly walked in a dark haired man with gorgeous purple eyes, shades lighter than Cody's defiantly. They were almost grey. His body was wrapped in a regal gold and blue tux, fit for a prince. The man sighed and looked us both over, his eyes lingering on me longer than necessary.

"Just what I need," he said, "More useless people asking me for help."

Cody frowned a bit at that comment than his eyes brightened as he spoke, "O-Oh you're name! I'm sorry I forgot to ask earlier, but uhm, what is your name, sir?"

The dark haired man sighed again and closed his eyes for a short period of time, than he opened them and studied Cody, "Lucian Knight. My name is Lucian Knight. But you may address me as 'your Majesty' instead of 'sir' from now on."

Cody's eyes grew wide as Lucian spoke, "'Y-Your M-Majesty'?! Ah! Wait, I've heard your name before! You're the youngest king in this country! So then this must be the Hepcatsis Kingdom right?"

Lucian nodded and then his gaze wandered over to me, "Correct. And if I remember correctly you said that you two were from the Solar Kingdom?"

"Um. y-yes your majesty. The Solar Kingdom was attacked by Cesathis."

Lucian's gaze went back to Cody as he spoke, and I let my eyes wander over the room. It was extravagant. There was a huge crystalline chandelier over our head and a large spiral staircase.

"Sakka a la Folie is your king, isn't he? Where is he right now?"

Cody shook his head and closed his eyes as I frowned, "I... I don't know. But I'm sure he escaped safely just like his daughter."

Lucian then wandered over to his throne, sat down, put a finger up to his mouth and gently closed his eyes in thought. A slight humming sound came from his mouth and Cody tilted his head to the side.

"U-Uhm y-your Majesty...?

Then king Lucian's eyes shot open and he gave us both a slight glare.
"I have made my decision. Please escort yourselves out of this kingdom and never return. I don't want to see either of your faces ever again."

Cody's eyes grew wide and you could clearly see he was beginning to panic.
"Wh-What?! Y-Your Majesty, why? P-Please! We have nowhere else to go!"

Lucian looked at Cody and then looked at me, I swore his eyes softened a bit but I could've just been the light.

"I've just decided that I don't like you two. There are no benefits for me if I let you stay. The only useful thing I could ever gain from the Solar Kingdom are relations with their royalty, anyway."

Lucian got up from his throne and walked a few steps towards the staircase. Not turning back to us he said, " Now please leave. I'm tired and I don't want to deal with this anymore."

The king began to walk away when Cody stopped him.
"Wait," he cried. Cody took in a deep breath, frowned deeply and said,
"She... She'll marry you."

Cody opened his eyes without look at me, "King Lucian will you take the princess's hand in marriage?"

For the first time since we got her I opened my mouth,
"C-Cody!! Are you crazy?! What are you doing? You're not serious, are-"

Lucian opened his eyes and looked at turned to look at us both, "Fine."

I took a step towards the king,
"W-Wait a second! I never said I would marry you! You can't do this!"

Lucian looked at me matter-of-factly,
"I can and I will. If you disagree, than leave."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1
Oooh. :OO

What's gonna happpeeennn?? xD