Love Sucks.

Undecided

June 1st 1864

We were sat around the dinner table, with Damon and Katherine sneaking glances at each other, then her doing the same to Stefan. It would help if I wasn't sat in front of Damon. I was concentrating on my wine glass that was in front of me rather than the thoughts flying around me, until I felt someone nudge my foot. I looked up at Damon was smiling at me, my eyes widened slightly but I smiled back. I couldn't be the one to break him. I wasn't going to stand by and watch while Katherine aimlessly hurt them both.

I realized that we were staring at each other when I felt a sharp pain run through my hand that was under the table. I looked and sure enough Katherines nails were doing the damage. I pulled my hand back and put it above the table, though Damon saw the blood seeping from it. He tried to hide the confused expression on his face when it slowly started to heal but then I'm sure he clicked on and returned to his meal.

"So, Miss Petrova," Katherine and I both turned to the voice, that belonged to Mr Salvatore, "I meant Anastasiya, I heard that you are to be wed, is that so?"

"Not entirely, Mr Salvatore. I would like to think I have a choice, of who I can marry."

"I always thought that you were to marry one of my sons, I suppose I am mistaken,"

"Though Katherine has her eye on someone haven't you, Katherine?" I looked to her with a smirk on my face waiting to see her reaction. I didn't want to hurt either two of the boys, I didn't realise I had until I saw the pained expression on Damon's face when she answered.

"I am severely undecided, Sir. Though I will make my decision in the near future, let's hope my dear sister doesn't die alone." My turn to dig my claws in her hand.

"Excuse me," I got out of my chair and walked into the living room, with Damon hot on my tail.

"What was that?"

"Damon, don't."

"No, don't 'Damon, don't' me! You could have at least told me," he quietened down towards the end.

"What difference would it have made? Would you be in any less in love with Katherine, If you knew I was the same as her?" he stayed quiet and that was enough for me, "I don't know what you see in her Damon, you are so much better than her, you don't even realise it." I held my hand to his face, but it dropped when I saw Katherine in the doorway.

"Am I disturbing something?"

"Yes, you are," I looked into Damon's eyes and smiled, "I'll leave you two, to it."

I walked out of the room and blinked away the tears that threatened to fall. I found myself walking to Stefans room unwillingly. I took a deep breath before knocking, and when I did I saw the concern spread across his face.

"Ana?" he pulled me into his room and I wrapped my arms around him, "Ana, what's wrong?"

"Stef, can I stay in here with you? I just don't want to be in that huge room on my own," I spluttered out, but he didn't even look surprised.

"Of course, you sleep in my bed, I'll be over here."

"Don't be like that Stefan, you know me enough to know that I am not like most of the Ladies you've met," I sat on his bed and patted the other side of it.

Soon enough, I was lay under the covers just staring up at the ceiling, thinking about anything to take my mind off of things.

"Ana, you're going to have to go to sleep soon," he tiredly said.

"I will, I just can't sleep Stef." I looked to the side and saw him worriedly glancing at me, "I'm going to get a glass of water."

I got up and stepped out of the room, quietly closing the door behind me, until Katherine appeared in front of me.

"Oh don't start, Katerina." She was furious.

"What, you can't have Damon so you're going after Stefan? That sounds like something I would do." I pushed past her and made my way to the kitchen.

"You're despicable."

"Is that so? Then what are you? Damon is convinced you are trying to break us up, though that has nothing to do with me," she said sarcastically.

"Katerina, just stop with the compulsion. It's getting tedious," I turned the corner and walked to get a glass, I opened the cabinet and realised Katherine had stopped talking, so I just carried on. She only reappeared when I was ready to go upstairs.

"Stefan said he doesn't want you in his room for the rest of the night, he will be occupied," and with that she disappeared upstairs.

I could never control my anger when I was human, which was magnified when I turned, Aswell as my strength. And I subconsciously smashed the glass of water in my palm.

I winced at the pain and began wiping the blood mixed with water and glass that was on the floor beneath me.

"Tay?" I heard from behind me.

"Hello, Mr Salvatore. What can I help you with?" I tried my best to sound like I didn't care about anything.

"Why are you being like this with me?" he whispered softly.

"Like what, Damon?"

"Like I don't even matter to you,"

"You're my bestfriend, of course you matter to me. I just think Katherine means more to you than I do, so why should I bother?"

When I got no reply, I simply finished cleaning up and walked past Damon, up to my spacious, empty bedroom.