Love Sucks.

My existential crisis

Present Day

Anastasiya was sat alone at a bar not being able to get the fact out of her head that Klaus was still looking for her, she knew it was a bad idea to even run away with him in the first place. She knocked the last drop of bourbon down her throat and gestured to the bartender.
“Another one of these,” she said with a sharp face.
“Come on Stace, you don’t want to be one of these day drunks do you?”

“Eh, I couldn’t care less,” she snapped her fingers at him as she was getting agitated.

She took it upon her to look at her surroundings and check out any hot guys she could drink from. Her eyes wandered the Mystic Grill until they fell upon a familiar face, but didn’t notice the very familiar one next to it.

“Hey, who’s that guy,” she asked the bartender and pointed, “right there?” he followed her line of sight and quickly looked back.

“That’s Stefan Salvatore.” His head shot up at the mention of his name but Anastasiya had soon disappeared.

“Stefan? What’s wrong?” Elena asked worriedly.

“I’ll call you later, Elena.”

Anastasiya couldn’t believe that of all places in America, she chose to go to this petty town in Virginia. She thought it would be less busy and the death rate wouldn’t matter too much. But turns out they are well aware about Vampires. All these thoughts ran through her head but one seemed to be distant, but then she realized. If Stefan’s here in Mystic Falls, doesn’t that mean Damon will be too?

She waited in the shadows until Stefan stepped out of the Grill and began looking around, as he felt a weird sense of being watched.

He took off into the woods at human speed and Anastasiya soon followed, zooming around him, making sure not to make a sound. Little did she know, he knew she was there, but he didn’t know who it was. He figured he’d wait until he got back to the Boarding house and mention it to Damon. When he got there he looked around before entering the house to find Damon and Rose cuddling on the couch.

“Get up, we have another Vampire stalker.” Rose bolted towards Stefan with embarrassment written all over her face.

“Who could it be? Katherine?”

“No, she would have tried something already. I keep thinking it’s someone that we know, I don’t know why.”

“We know lots of people, Stefan; granted, not many of them are alive.” Damon slowly made his way over to the two and slung his arm around Rose.

“I just felt this strange presence.”

“That’s probably Elena nagging in the back of your mind,” he overdramatically yawned, “Well, I think I need some sleep, Rose?”

“Yeah, me too.”

***

It had been a week or two since Anastasiya went back to the Boarding house, she’d gotten herself worked up over the fact that the Salvatore’s were there, but what was worse, was that Damon seemed to have a girlfriend. That killed her already dead heart, but she drowned her sorrows in bourbon.

She was walking through the woods on the dark Sunday night when she heard a drunken voice, she followed the sound until she was just meters away. She decided not to make it openly clear she was there, so she peeped her head around to see Damon with his hands on a dithering girl’s shoulders in front of him. Why won’t she run?! Then she realized. Compulsion!

“What’s your name?” she missed hearing that voice.

“Jessica,” the girl trembled

“Jessica?” He paused, “I have a secret, I have a big one, but I never said it out loud. I mean, What’s the point? It’s not gonna change anything, It’s not gonna make me good, make me adopt a puppy. I can’t be what other people want me to be, what she wants me to be. This is who I am, Jessica.”

“Are you gonna hurt me?”

“I’m not sure, because you are my existential crisis. Do I kill you, do I not kill you?”

“Please don’t.” She cried out.

“But I have to, Jessica because I’m not human and I miss it. I miss it more than anything in the world!” She knew he would miss it, which is why she still to this day hates her own sister. “That is my secret but there is only so much hurt a man can take.”

“Please, don’t.” She repeated.

“You’re free to go.” She ran for the car but Damon soon caught up with her and bit into her, which caused Ana to take a sharp breath and Damon’s head to snap up in her direction. He lunged at her throwing her back into a tree.

He was about to rip her heart out when he saw the freckle on her neck at his head shot up to look at her face, but she held it down, refusing to look at him.

“Tay?” she slowly lifted her head up, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for Katherine,” they both stayed silent for a few seconds, “I didn’t expect this to be so awkward.”

“So you heard all of that, huh?”

“I heard enough,” she bit her lip to stop herself from smirking

He couldn’t get over the fact that she was actually there. He knew he missed her, but she would just be another distraction to him.

“What do you want with Katherine?”

“To kill her, what else would I want?”

“Why? Besides the fact she made your life hell,”

Ana was hoping that question wouldn’t be asked.

“For what she did to you. That wasn’t the first time something like that had happened – I just didn’t want the same to happen to you,” he pushed her up against a tree forcefully.

“Go on. Enlighten me. What happened before me and Stefan?” he spat.

“Damon, get off.” She threw him away from her, rubbing her neck, “Jeez, you’re strong!”

“Yeah? I’m worse when I’m angry.” He then repeated his actions.

“DAMON!” she punched him in the jaw and he stumbled back. Very un-vampire like. She got up in his face and an evil glint shimmered in her eye, “You don’t realize that I can rip you limb from limb without a thought,” She snapped her fingers, “Snap, and I lose it. Don’t want that do you?”

“You’ve turned it off.” His jaw clenched.

“You only just realized? You’re a lot more stupid than I thought,”

“Why did you do it?”

“Because, Damon, What was the point in feeling all this hurt? All the guilt, love,” she laughed humourlessly, “My life is a never ending cycle of pain, Damon. What’s the point in feeling all that, if it can be ended in an instant?”

“So where’s the caring, and unselfish girl I knew before I turned?”

“She stayed in 1864, and she’s never coming back.” She turned around to walk away before he spoke again.

“I know there’s good in you,” she saw red and pinned him against the same tree.

“Don’t try looking for good in me Damon! You’re not going to find it. That went away when I left you two to suffer Katherine’s mistakes.”

“It’s still there, and you know it. You’re just too damn stubborn to look!” she grabbed a branch and stabbed him in the stomach.

“Then where is it? Don’t bother looking, Damon. Because it’ll get thrown back in your face, that’s not a threat, that’s a promise.”