‹ Prequel: Light The Way
Status: Comments Make me update!

Empty Bottles, Heavy Hearts

What a mess I've made upon your innocence.

-Jack's POV-

I woke up at like one in the morning with Leikin's head on my chest an my fingers in her hair. She was so relaxed and at peace. I could feel her steady heartbeat through her skin. Then I started to think. Wait, what did I do? I promised not to hurt her or take things too fast and here I am laying down in bed with her after sex on a school night. Wait, it's a school night my mom's gonna murder me! I started to get up, but Lei groaned and pulled me back down.

"Where are you going?" She mumbled sleepily.

"I-I need to get home," I replied.

"No, you don't, you need to stay with me." I smiled because she was so cute, but I needed to go.

"Lei, I'm serious," I stated sitting up.

"You told me to never take you serious,"

"Unless I'm being serious," I replied kissing her softly. She stayed stiff when i kissed her. That was a first. I started to get dressed and then left. She didn't even reply when I said 'bye' to her.

-Leikin's POV-

After Jack left, I just sat up with my knees to my chest and rested my head on the headboard of my bed. Tears started to roll down my face, Did I say something? Did I do something? Maybe sex was all he wanted.. I'm such a whore for letting him have sex with me so soon. What's wrong with me?
Suddenly my door opened and my lights were turned on. It was Nick. I started to wipe my tears away.

" What's wrong? I got up to use the bathroom and I heard sobbing, so I assumed it was you," He said as his hand held the doorframe.

"Close the door," I sighed. Nick obeyed and sat on the bed next to me.

"Now tell me what happened."

"Well, Jack and I had sex a-"

"You did WHAT with WHO?" He whisper-yelled making sure he didn't wake our parents.

"Yeah, sorry,"

" I told you not to get attached to him for your sake, not mine," Nick stated rubbing his hands over his face. "So, let me guess what happened, he left you and now you don't know what to do."

"And I'm kinda his girlfriend,"

"But, I told you not t-"

" I already was, then he asked me out and then this happened," I replied.

"Wait, then why are you crying you seemed fine with him before?"

" 'Cause I'm stupid, he asked me out today and we ha sex today and he just left."

"So, he 'hit it and quit it' ?"

"If you'd like to put it that way, then yeah," I stated looking down.

"Well, if you'd excuse me, I have to get back to sleep so I have energy to kick his ass when we get to school," he stated getting up.

"Nick, no," I sated.

"No, I'm your brother j-"

"My younger brother."

" I look older and It doesn't matter, it's my job."

"Fine."

"Lei?" Nick said as he was about to leave.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really like him?"

"Yeah, I do,"

"Ok," he said. "Try and get some sleep, please?"

"Alright,"

-jack's POV-

-Morning at school-

I walked into school almost late and noticed that Nick was waiting for me by my locker and he wasn't what you'd call happy. You don't want to be around him when he's not happy especially when you're the one that he's not happy with. This guy could be a real asshole if you rub him the wrong way. Something gave me the feeling that he wasn't too happy with me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked when I got to my locker.

"Oh, nothing, you know the usual. My asshole of a friend decided to fuck my sister and leave her in the middle of the night," he replied calmly. You know how people say 'it's always calm before the storm'? That was Nick he'd start his arguments calmly then just go mad.

" I'm sorry about that," I trailed off.

"Sorry? You're fucking sorry? You don't do that shit, Jack. You don't ask a girl to date you then have sex with her, then leave her. All in the same day! You just don't. It's wrong. Wait you don't have a fucking conscience so you wouldn't know the difference," he was still a bit calm with a bit of hostility in his voice which scared me a bit.

"I know and I'm sorry , it won't happen again," I said looking down.

"You know in psychology, they say when you look down when you talk it's a sign of guilty or treacherous behavior," He stated.

"What does treacherous mean?"

"Dishonesty, deceit,fraudulence, unfaithfulness, ya catch my drift?" He asked giving me a cold stare with his pale hazel eyes. I almost forgot that this guy was a walking dictionary.

"Yeah," I replied making sure not to look down again.

"So, why'd you leave her? You even love her? Because she's in love with you," he said getting a bit angrier now.

"I do love her! Ok? I just feel that she deserves better than me!"

"I'm not saying that I disagree with you on that but you're not letting her know that by leaving her in the middle of the night. Do you think? How would that make you feel?"

"I'd feel b-"

"Yeah, you'd feel like shit! You can either go to her right now and apologize to her until Jesus comes if you love her or I'll hook her up with one of Matt's friends and you never get a chance with her again. You're lucky I like you, if I didn't, I probably wouldn't even give you this choice," Nick wasn't even joking he was like fucking Cupid if he wanted two people together, they'd be in love with each other by the end of the week.

"Ok, I'll go talk to her," I sighed.

"Smart cookie! Now go!" He said pushing me out in the direction of Leikin's locker.

"Um, hey," I said when I got to her.

" I almost thought you were avoiding me," she said slamming her locker shut and turning the combination.

"What would possibly make you think that?" I asked. She turned to me and stared me down for a few seconds. She was pretty pissed at me.

"I'm sorry I was just scared."

"Scared of what, Jack?" She yelled. I kept quiet. "I love you. If anything, I should be the scared one! I'm not the one that has hooked up with a ton of people! It makes me wonder what makes me so special to you, Jack and then I realize that I probably don't mean shit to you!" I could see the hurt in her eyes and it made me hurt that I hurt her.. If that makes sense.

"Lei-" I tried to hold her hand to calm her down a bit.

"Stop! Just don't touch me!" She exclaimed pushing my hand away. " now I know why Nick told me to stay the fuck away from you!" She stated grabbing her bag and walking away.

The warning bell for home room rang and I walked to home room quickly.

I sat through the announcements blankly staring at the ground. My home room teacher was astonished that I didn't misbehave yet. The bell rang and I made my way to my next class which was a class I had with Leikin. Luckily we had a substitute, so I made sure I got the seat behind her.

"Lei, please just listen to me, if your willing to give me another chance because I'm extremely sorry, Alex is having a party tonight at 10. Just show up and I'll know you care," I said softly. "I love you."

- Chapter song list-

Worst Thing I've been Cursed With - Sparks The Rescue
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter. I hope you liked it. Bye!