‹ Prequel: Light The Way
Status: Comments Make me update!

Empty Bottles, Heavy Hearts

Have You Ever Felt Like You Did Everything Right And It Still All Went Wrong?

-Leikin-

"I love you," Jack's voice whispered into my ear paralyzing me momentarily. This guy drives me out of my mind. I mean, I love him back, but I'm not sure if I should anymore.

"Then, why did you leave me?" I whisper-yelled at him.

"It was a school night I-"

"Bullshit!" I said lowly turning around to face Jack while gaining attention from a couple of people who sat around us. "If you wanted to stay, you would have! Since when do you obey the rules?" Jack looked down at the desk quietly because he knew I was right.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight and I had no intentions of hurting you. I never would hurt you on purpose. You know why? Because I love you I-"

"Get to work on your packets! Your teenage romance can wait," the substitute remarked glaring at Jack and I. We quieted down and started to work.

"I know that you're mad at me right now but, please just come tonight. It would mean a lot if you could forgive me," Jack whispered into my ear as I did my work.

"I'll think about it," I mumbled back.

"Alright," he replied. I could hear the smile in his voice, he sounded almost victorious. Damn this boy.


♠️♥️♣️♦️

-after school-

I threw my bag over my shoulder and I started to walk out of the doors of school. I was happy to go home today I mean, I was still mad at Jack but my older brother is staying for a week because he couldn't make it for Christmas. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was my mom; she was probably about to put Nat on the phone. I picked the phone up immediately. I was pretty excited to talk to Nat.

"Hello?" I asked with a smile plastered on my face.

"Leikin, get home now." My mom said sternly. My smile dropped and I stopped walking. My mom sounded pissed.

What did I do now?

When I finally got home, I pulled my keys out shakily and opened the door.
I saw my mom and my brother sitting at the island in the kitchen.

"Hi mom, hey Nat,"

Nat got up and hugged me tightly.
"You in trrrooouuubbblleeee..." He sang "get ready," With that, he let go of me and my mother walked over to me. I sighed and prepared for whatever was coming my way.

"I found this in your room," my mom said, holding up an empty condom wrapper.

God dammit Jack.


"When did you become sexually active?" It amused me so much because Nick lost his virginity way before me and she knew about it and didn't care. Also, he always has girls over and she doesn't care. So, God forbid I fucking get laid once.. I was done. Fuck this, fuck everything. "Answer me, Leikin!" my mother yelled.

"You don't care about Nick's sexual activity and he's younger than me. I think I'm entitled to a sex life as much as my younger brother is, mom." I stated, calmly but angered at the same time.

She had a shocked look on her face and I just made my way upstairs.

"Oooh Killem!" I heard Nat say from downstairs. I held in my laughter because I was way too fucking pissed to laugh right now.


I got to my room and packed enough clothes for the weekend and left out the back door. I walked to Alli's house. I usually did this when I needed to get away and Alli and her family would always invite me in with open arms. She was like a sister to me. When I got there, Alli opened the door and we walked straight to her room like it was routined. I told her everything that happened to me today.

"Everything is gonna be fine in the end, I promise," she said with her eyes piercing mine.

"I hope so."

"You should go to Alex's party tonight and see what Jack has to say. Maybe you'll get back together,"

♦️♣️♥️♠️

-Jack's POV-

-Party-

I got to the party on time and a few other people were here, too. I took a seat and waited for Leikin to come- if she was going to. I checked my watch 10:30. I sighed and looked around for her a little bit. I turned around and Rian was sitting right next to me, startling me a bit.

"Hey."

"Alli said that she and Lei are on their way now," he smiled at me and I smiled back feeling a
Page 2 of 2 little better.

Rian got up and wandered and I stayed where I was waiting for Lei to show up.

"Hey," Catherine, Alex's girlfriend said.

"Hey Catherine."

"How have you been? I mean, you never talk to me anymore. What happened to us, Jack?"She whispered into my ear seductively, lightly running her hand over my thigh. I kinda forgot to mention that we kinda had a thing last year, but it's done-at least I thought I was.

"Stop. Your my friend's girlfriend, we've been done for over a year now," I said sternly and a bit confused that she came to me now.. Of all times?

"C'mon Jack. You serious?"

"Yes, I'm actually seeing some-" she cut me off by crashing her lips to mine roughly. I didn't kiss her back I was focusing on on trying to get her off of me. She noticed me pulling away and kissed me harder. I finally pushed her off of me and met eyes with Leikin. She looked like she wanted to cry. Catherine looked at us both, smiled, an walked away.

"I'm so sorry, Lei. it's not what it looks like. I promise!"

"Yeah, ok. You know if you were gonna do that you shoulda just left me the fuck alone!"

"Lei-"

"I'm done!" she yelled as she started crying and walked away. I just wanted to hug her and explain, but I know she'd probably kill me if I did.

How could I fix this?

-Chapter Songlist-

Miss/Understanding- We Came As Romans
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I'm back after like a year.
Sorry about that.. I hope you like it! Comment, subscribe, and rec if you do :)
-Kyra