Status: Mini-fic...complete.

Everything Changes

Secret Tumblr

Louis practically passed out on the sofa as soon as he and Harry got home form some sort of press release that they had to do for One Direction. It took a lot more out of the older lad than he had particularly expected. He didn’t realized how wrecked he was until they got into the band’s van, and passed out on his best mate’s shoulder. He was tired to be honest, and he rather that he didn’t move for the next century. However, his curly-haired companion had other ideas. Harry chuckled lightly at the boy that was currently sprawled out onto their sofa in the living room of their high-end, much too big for two people, flat.
Harry, being Harry, walked over to pick up Louis’ feet before dropping them to the ground. Louis groaned in protest, but the younger lad just smiled, more like smirked, to himself. He was satisfied with himself, getting comfortable in the spot that Louis’ feet had previously occupied. He reached for the remote before switching on the teley. Louis reluctantly sat up from his position, and glared at Harry. He grumbled to himself, making slight facial expressions and gestures before actually turning to Harry himself. Harry pretended to seem interested in whatever he was watching before Louis tugged the remote out of the boy’s hand.
“I was watching that,” Harry argued.
“I was also lying here, but someone decided to be a twat,” Louis stated, crossing his arms.
Harry barked out laughter.
“It’s not my fault that you took up the whole sofa.”
“You could have let me be.” Louis argued.
The younger boy sighed.
“Would it make you feel better if I cooked for us tonight?”
“Don’t you always?”
“That’s besides the point, Lou.” Harry rolled his emerald eyes. “You look spent,”
“I am,” Louis ran his hands over his face. “It’s been a long day,”
“Long night last night?” Harry smirked playfully in at his best friend.
Louis scoffed.
“As if you would know,” Louis retorted. “You were out practically half the night,”
“Erm…sorry?” Harry laughed, a smile tugging at his lips.
“’S okay,”
But it wasn’t, not really. Louis was annoyed that Harry came in around four in the morning. Of course Louis didn’t say anything, he never did. He was just lying down in his own bed, silently waiting for the boy. Louis himself had ended his night with Eleanor by at least mid-night, and went back to their flat to find it surprisingly empty. He worried about the younger lad when he didn’t text him back about his whereabouts. It took Louis another hour to realize that Harry had left his mobile back in between their sofa cushions. It made Louis more than annoyed with the boy.
Harry didn’t saw anymore on the matter. If Louis said that it was fine, then it was fine. He would take his word for it. Instead of arguing over what to watch, the boy stood up to head into the direction of the kitchen. He had decided that maybe starting dinner a little bit earlier than usual would be better before his best mate fell asleep standing up. Louis didn’t question him but rolled his eyes before turning toward his bedroom up the stairs. His nap time had been ruined, so the lad decided to do some twitter stalking.
Louis grabbed the macbook, and logged in before he pulled up twitter. Reading fans questions was probably one of the best parts of the crazy life he got to live. He didn’t get to respond to all of the tweets or follow everyone that he would have loved to, but he did enjoy them. There were numerous ones that had been links to tumblr. Louis laughed to himself. Tumblr was a dangerous place for any Directioner, especially an actual One Direction member, but sometimes he couldn’t help himself. It was addicting, more so than he would admit out loud. In fact, it embarrassed him to even admit that he had been on the website. However, the search history would betray him.
After an hour of stalking the different One Direction tags to see what fans were posting, Louis found himself in one particular tag; Larry Stylinson. He didn’t really know how it happened. Maybe a few mis-clicks here and there, but he ended up in the tag. The oldest boy in the band furrowed his brows as he started to scroll through the different post more than he realized that he should have. The first few pictures were innocent enough. They were just him and Harry. The pictures looked normal, and made Louis smile in fond memory. It was interesting how invested the fans were in their bromance.
Then came the gritty stuff. Louis was a little confused at first. He didn’t know what exactly it was. He figured it was the fan-fiction he and the boys had previously talked about. He knew that it was there, but he had never really experienced the fan-fics in themselves. He had never taken the time out of his overly-busy day to actually read one of them. It was absurd, he wouldn’t have done it, but Louis was damn curious. He saw the pairings. He was very much aware that he was in these writings with his best friend, whom was just down the stairs.
“Oh my God…” Louis spoke to himself, eyes glued to the screen in front of him. He had found one fan-fic that really struck his interest. It was something about Harry committing suicide, and him being all lonely and slowly going crazy. The man himself started to tear up in just the first few paragraphs. The situation was weird; yes, but the writing was beautiful. He was amazed at how well the author worked the words to where it flowed. By the time he finished, he was a mess of tears. Realizing that it was time to leave the world that he recently discovered behind; he closed the tab. But not before saving it under another name on his favorites bar, just on the off chance that Harry decided to take a peak at his laptop.

§•§•§


Louis was at it again. He didn’t mean to, that’s what he kept telling himself, but he couldn’t stay away. Tumblr was like a drug. He knew that he shouldn’t be on it, yet he didn’t have the will-power to stop. Once he read more than one of these “one-shots” he had to keep going. He had then stumbled upon actual stories. They were marvelous too. Intriguing, suspense-filled, and even down-right filthy works were posted. The Doncaster lad couldn’t get enough. He rather enjoyed reading about what fans fantasized he did with Harry. He couldn’t help feeling slightly excited in the lower region for whatever reason. He wasn’t exactly ready to face that reality.
As the secret obsession with tumblr and fan-fiction increased, his time with Harry slowly started to dwindle. Not only his time with his best mate, but the time spend with his girl had went down to. Louis was pushing dates back to later times because he just had to finish the latest chapter or he needed to reblog something interesting. Yes, Louis had sunken to that point. The boy had made his own blog, following his ‘bromance’ tag, and started to reblog a few things. Of course it wasn’t his-his blog. He was simply posing as another Larry fan within the popular website.
Louis was in the middle of a very…colorful post when a loud knock sounded on his door. In a panic, Louis slammed his laptop shut. The boy clumsily jumped off of the bed in time to reach his bedroom door before Harry, he assumed, could knock again. He thanked God that he was wearing joggers instead of his usual chinos. He flung it open, and sure enough the boy was standing there. He wore his casual smirk that suddenly had Louis’ heart beating. He tried to convince himself that he was just over-worked from the tumblr post. Louis forced a smile to his lips, and looked at Harry.
“Hey stranger,” Harry playfully stated.
“Uh…hi?” Louis asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “Sup?”
Harry nearly laughed at his best friend before moving into the bedroom to sit down on the bed, right next to Louis’ laptop. In momentary panic, the boy moved back to his bed quickly, taking the stop where the laptop once set. The older lad made sure to keep it out of reach of the younger boy. Harry furrowed his brows at his best friend before he finally let another smile break onto his features. Louis suddenly wished that he hadn’t read those posts about his non-existent sex life with Harry. He offered a friendly smile back at him.
“So…you’ve been in here a lot.”
“Yeah…”
“And I miss my best mate.”
“I’m right here, Haz.” Louis argued.
“Yes, but we never spend time together anymore.” Harry interjected. “I was thinking…
Louis sighed.
“Yes?” Louis interrupted, but Harry continued like he hadn’t heard him.
“…that we should go out for drinks with the lads tonight!” Harry broke into a wide grin.
“I don’t know, Harry. I was rather busy.”
“Doing what?” He boy questioned.
Louis panicked again.
“Nothing!”
Harry’s eyebrow rose.
“You’re busy…doing nothing?”
“Correct,”
“How is that even possible?” Harry chuckled. “Come on, Lou. It will be fun!”
“I’m not so sure that I’m really ready to deal with Zayn and Liam just yet.”
Harry winced.
“Come on, Boo…” He trailed off. “They won’t be that bad.”
“Speak for yourself,” Louis grimaced. “You didn’t see them,”
“Stop being dramatic and get yourself dressed up. We’re going out whether you like it or not.” Harry instructed. He patted Louis’ knee twice before gripping it lightly. Louis will deny his breath getting caught by the simple action. Again, he blamed the damn fan-fictions for his reaction. “Besides, you could use it.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Louis called, but it was already too late, Harry had retreated back down the stairs to get ready himself.

§•§•§


“Lou, are you alright?” Zayn yelled from across the table.
Louis jumped at his name being called before looking up at the Bradford boy.
“Huh?”
Zayn shared a look with Liam before they both turned back toward one of their best mates.
“He asked if you were alright,” Liam repeated for his other half. “Are you okay?”
“I’m fine,” He answer automatically.
“Really? You seem out of it,” Zayn added. “Did you and Harry have some falling out?”
Louis barked out a small laugh.
“What on earth are you talking about?”
“You two have been acting different,” Liam filled in. “Normally you’re the one out there making a fool of yourself with Harry. Why are you still here?”
“If you want to snog, all you have to do is ask me to leave,” Louis yelled across the table.
Liam laughed, and shook his head at the eldest member.
“Stop avoiding the question,” Liam lightly scolded.
“No, we didn’t have a falling out,” Louis sighed. “I’m just not really up for it tonight, ya know.”
“I guess,” Liam shrugged. “I’m just hear to make sure you idiots don’t make fools of yourself,”
“We’re ever thankful, Liam,” A new voice came.
That voice belonged to Harry. He was smirking over at his friends before he sat down with Niall in tow. Once the group was together, Zayn ordered them all drinks, excluding the boy tucked closely to him. Louis silently envied their relationship. His own relationship, with Eleanor, never seemed up to par compared to Zayn and Liam’s. It made him do a lot of second-guessing. He would admit that part of the second guessing had to do with the Larry tag too. Even a ton of his fans didn’t believe him when he said that he loved Eleanor. According to them; their relationship is too staged. They even gave her the nick-name The Beard.
“I think I’m going to head on out,” Louis sighed.
“What?” Niall asked loudly.
“Come on, Lou!” Harry protested.
“Are you sure?” Liam asked, ever the sincerity loaded in his voice.
“Yeah, I am,” Louis replied, standing up.
“I’ll see you out,” Zayn offered, walking side by side with one of his best mates to make sure they got out in one piece. Once they did, Louis took in a deep breath of London air. “Louis…”
“Lay off it, Zayn.” Louis sighed.
“Is something bothering you?”
“Slightly, yeah,” Louis admitted.
“You would tell me, or Harry, if it was something major…right?” The dark-haired boy questioned, leaving Louis to just nod.
“Yeah…’Course,” Louis shrugged before heading back to the flat that he shared with the tipsy boy he left back in the club.
Louis knew that something was very wrong. He never left the party early unless it was for something important. Sure, since dating Eleanor had been a little difficult to go out with the lads, but that never stopped him from having a good time. Eleanor herself was quite the party animal. They could go out with the lads together, and have fun. It took Louis a minute to realize that he hadn’t properly spoken to the girl in a day. That was rather unusual, even if he was busy. Louis always found time for Eleanor. As he made his way back to his flat, he vowed to himself to call her first thing in the morning and make a date. He could use her company, and he honestly missed her.
Much like he had a few days prior, Louis passed out right on the sofa. He let his body get used to the cushions underneath his body. He let out a content sigh before letting his eyes droop closed. His peace and quite didn’t last very long for Harry stumbled into the flat not only fifteen minutes after he did. Harry mumbled an apology for making him go out when he clearly didn’t want to. Louis rolled his eyes and sat up. He offered to make them some tea, and Harry gave him a droopy smile.
Without having to be told to, Harry climbed up the stairs to Louis’ bedroom to make himself comfortable whilst Louis made their drinks. He tore off the plain white t-shirt and his skin-tight jeans in exchange for a loose pair of Louis’ basketball shorts. He went ahead and climbed into the older boys’ bed. Harry’s foot hit something, and he furrowed his brows. He reached down at his feet, and picked up Louis’ laptop. Curiosity got the better of him, and he flipped it open. He knew Louis’ password by heart, thus making his breaking in not hard whatsoever. His eyes widened on what had been pulled up on the screen.
Harry wasn’t that drunk. He only had a few beers. He simply had enough in him for him to be tipsy. He realized that Louis was miserable, and felt obligated to come back to the flat where his best mate was. Harry just wanted to spend some bonding time with Louis, but the boy had other plans. Now Harry got a little glimpse as to why he had been acting strange lately. It was currently staring him in the face. It was dirty, and raw. Somehow, Harry couldn’t really look away. Louis had been spending his time doing this. It confused Harry. Louis certainly wasn’t in love with him, was he? Or was he just curious about the world of tumblr? The second guess made much more sense in Harry’s brain. Harry himself had been interested on the matter.
Before Harry could read anymore, footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs. The boy quickly closed the laptop, and put it back down at the bottom of his feet. Harry tried his best to look normal as his best friend entered his room with two cups of hot, tea prepared just the way that they liked it. Louis handed over Harry’s with a smile, and all Harry could think about was sex. He had just read about sex with his best mate. This was the same best mate that was now undressing to get into the bed with him. Harry flushed a little red, unable to take his eyes off of the boy.
Louis’ blue eyes flickered over to the green orbs that were Harry’s eyes for a brief moment. They started to slowly drink some tea, never breaking eye contact. For some odd reason, Harry felt more connected to Louis. He knew something about Louis that no one else in the world did. Sure, Harry had a lot of those moments, but he couldn’t help that this one felt more special. It wasn’t like the two actually have had sex before, that was just absurd; unheard of. Before Harry could really register what he was doing, he picked up Louis’ left hand into his own. The older boy watched him earnestly. It took all but a second before his own lips were grazing his best friends. The kiss was small, nothing that hadn’t happened before.
“Haz?” Louis questioned.
“Hmm?” Harry hummed, paying attention to both Louis’ hand and his tea as opposed to the small kiss they just shared.
“Have you ever been on tumblr?”
“No…” Harry lied.
“Do you know about fan-fiction?”
“I’m aware of erm…what it is.” He stated.
“Want to read some with me?” Louis asked, feeling rather bold in the moment.
Harry just nodded encouragingly.

§•§•§


Louis didn’t know what the outcome of reading the Larry fics with Harry would be. He certainly didn’t expect anything to happen. He assumed that the two could laugh it off, maybe show the boy that he wasn’t crazy. He just thanked his lucky stars that his tumblr account wasn’t currently logged in when he pulled up the screen. That would have been majorly embarrassing. However, he didn’t think that Harry would take it so…well.
At first he started him off with the less-physical ones. Harry seemed to laugh at the cute ones. He even pointed out a few times of things that he would actually say. It was odd, that was for sure. He didn’t see that they would be able to do this. Louis suddenly didn’t feel quite as weird about reading it as before he did. Harry seemed to rather enjoy the fics himself.
Louis couldn’t have imagined that reading a few steamy fan-fics would have ended up with him pinning Harry Styles down underneath him. It happened rather fast. At first they were reading some really explicit shower scene then they were playfully tickling each other until Harry got the guts he had been praying for from the second that he started reading the fan-fics without Louis’ permission. His lips just surged forward, and met Louis’. The snog was messy. Their teeth clashed way too much, and the tongues were being over-generous. But that didn’t stop their last articles of clothing from ‘falling off’ of their bodies.
Breathless and sweaty, Harry looked over at Louis. Louis looked like he was concentrating on the shapes above his head. The ceiling had no particular pattern to it, but Louis needed a distraction. Harry wasn’t going to be the one to distract him this time, he was the reason that Louis desperately needed one. He didn’t want to really do that with Harry. They were just mucking about. Nothing really serious happened beforehand that would foreshadow the events that went down.
“I don’t think that was a good idea,” Louis finally spoke, turning toward an equally as breathless Harry.
“What do you mean?” Harry questioned. “The sex or…”
Louis smacked his best friend with his pillow.
“Which one do you think, you prat.”
“Right…well…” Harry trailed off. “This is rather awkward.”
“Tell me about it,” Louis rolled his eyes.
“It’s rather hard to take the walk of shame out of your room and down the stairs. It’s not like we live in different places,” Harry reasoned.
Louis sighed, sitting up from his horizontal position.
“There are so many things wrong with that sentence.” Louis complained. “I’m going to shower now,”
“Care if I join?” Harry asked with that familiar smirk that used to focus on girls.
“Oh no, not going to happen, Styles.” Louis stated thoughtfully before grabbing some fresh clothes. “Get dressed will ya?”
“You like the view!” Harry called as Louis walked out of his bedroom, and toward the bathroom.
Harry laid back on his arms, and stared up at the ceiling. So many words and thoughts ran through his head, but he couldn’t really come up with something about what had taken place. The only real thing he could say is that he felt less uptight. He wasn’t tense, and he felt downright amazing. Harry laughed to himself. His best mate, Louis, was the cause to all of that. Louis the boy he had trusted with his life, and someone he had just shagged. It was all weird, really, but comforting at the same time.
And it all happened because of fucking tumblr. Go figure.

§•§•§


“Where are you heading?” Harry asked casually from the couch, watching some show.
“Out with El,” Louis mumbled, tugging his TOMS onto his feet.
“Oh,” Harry sighed, standing up and walking toward the kitchen instead. “What time will you be back?”
Louis chewed on his bottom lip.
“Don’t wait up,” Louis called before making his way out of their flat.
The previous night had made their friendship a mess, Louis knew that much. The first warning sign that something was changing should have been the light kiss or hand holding that Harry did. However, that was normal for them. The light kisses didn’t happen often, they were rare, but the hand-holding happened more casually. Then actually reading tumblr with his best mate? That was a little careless, Louis realized. If he ever wanted them to be the same again, the tumblr stuff had to stop. He felt dirty as he walked to his car to meet his beautiful girlfriend for some afternoon bonding time.
The pair walked around London. They went shopping for a little whilst, holding hands, and looking well…like a couple that they were. Eleanor dragged him toward some coffee shop, and Louis smiled. He rather enjoyed the adorable girl. She was fun, and much like him. They got along rather well. That’s why they had been together for all this time. Ten months is a long time for a couple under their circumstances. They considered themselves lucky. He couldn’t believe that some people called her a beard. The thought simply made him laugh. On the other hand, he understood why people ‘shipped’ him and Harry so hard.
“Lou, are you alright?” Eleanor finally asked as the two were sitting down and waiting for their tea.
“Huh?” He snapped out of his daze to look over at the girl.
She placed her hand over his, and smiled at him slightly.
“Are you okay?”
“Everything’s fine babe,” Louis promised.
But it wasn’t fine. He was beginning to freak out. It had just occurred to Louis that he and Harry had sex the previous night. He was inside his best friend. How weird was that? Sex wasn’t supposed to be that filthy. It wasn’t supposed to be that loud, and aggressive, but it was. Louis had enjoyed himself more than he would actually admit. Now he was feeling rather guilty. This girl didn’t deserve that. She should have been the one withering underneath him, not Harry. She should have been the one making him feel that way, and not his best friend.
“Are you sure?” She furrowed her perfectly manicured brows together. “You’re barely talking. It’s worrying me.”
Louis slid an easy smile onto his features.
“I’m fine, love, really,” He promised, picking up her hand and kissing it for good measure. The smile that broke over his girlfriend’s face made him feel sick to his stomach. He knew that he shouldn’t have let things go as far as they did the previous night. Louis knew that it was a bad idea. His body, however, had other ideas. It was like it was silently craving Harry’s touch for everything the curly-haired boy did drove him insane. He begged Harry more than once. Louis was baffled by it. He never begged.
“So there’s a new club that I have been dying to check out…” Eleanor trailed off.
Louis smiled over at the girl.
“El, would you like to go to it with me?”
The brown-headed girl nodded her head, and smiled over at him.
“You’re the best boyfriend, Lou.” She stated.
Louis wanted to die then and there. The guilt became even worse.
He didn’t change from his current outfit, deeming himself dapper enough for his new club. He drove his lovely girlfriend back to her dorm room that she was currently living in. He waited like a wonderful boyfriend that he was pretending to be whilst she got dressed. He approved of the mini-dress she decided to wear. He rather liked her long legs.
The club was crawling with life. People were dancing, and the drinks were flowing. Louis, however, couldn’t keep his mind there. He was silently wondering what his best mate was doing back at their flat. He didn’t care that Eleanor was drinking more than normal, or that she found a pack of friends that she wanted to dance with. He didn’t care. He sat by the bar, ordering himself a non-alcoholic drink. That was a first for him. He usually was the life of the party. Even the night before he had a little something to drink, but tonight, he didn’t feel up to it.
Louis found Eleanor an hour or so later. She wasn’t compeletly pissed, but she was well on her way. He told her and he wanted to go, but the brunette girl didn’t want to. Her friends from Uni promised to get the girl back safely. Louis nodded, giving her a parting kiss before turning around to leave. He made it back to his car in one piece. He didn’t know why the feelings started to slowly come up, but they were. The lad only wanted to be back at his flat, cuddling maybe, with his Curly.

§•§•§


“I thought that you were going to be later,” Harry sighed as soon as the blonde left their flat.
Louis’ cheeks were still blazing red when he walked in on Harry and some unknown blonde snogging each other senselessly on his sofa. It was rather a heartbreaking site to be honest. He didn’t expect the boy to be home. Louis hoped that he would, but he was shocked to find the girl pressed up against the taller boy. She was embarrassed and apologized a thousand times before she was actually out of the flat for the night, and hopefully for good.
Louis collapsed onto the now-dirty sofa. He couldn’t help but scrunch up his nose to the fact that the half-naked girl was there just a few moments ago. Harry ran his hands threw his wild curls, and sat down beside Louis. He didn’t sit too close, in fear of upsetting the older lad. They sat there for a minute or so before Louis sighed. He had had enough of the silence.
“Eleanor was having more fun than I was.” He admitted. “We went to that new club downtown, and she was getting smashed.”
“Why aren’t you?” Harry asked quickly.
“Because I didn’t want to actually go, Curly,” He spoke. “Is that excuse enough?”
Harry shrugged.
“I suppose.” He answered slowly. “Want to talk about it?”
“Christ, Harry…” Louis trailed off. “I can’t even sit on this couch right now,” He admitted, standing up.
“Why?”
“How many times have I told you not to bring randoms back to the flat?”
Harry blushed.
“I dunno…”
“Harry.” Louis said pointedly. “Honestly, I feel too much like an adult right now.”
“Louis…” Harry trailed off. “Come here,”
Louis crossed his arms and sighed.
“Why?”
“Let me make it up to you,”
And Louis let him. He moved back over to the younger boy on the couch. He wasn’t still for a minute before their lips were tangled back with each other’s yet again. Their clothes were thrown somewhere across the living room, and bodies meshing together effortlessly. The sweat built along with the pure passionate heat between the pair. It wasn’t fully until Louis collapsed on top of Harry’s sweating body that he realized something. Lying on the sofa on top of a naked and blessed-out Harry brought Louis to a realization. He was completely and utterly fucked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! My first-ever Larry one-shot. Please comment. This one just sort of happened. Don't really know how, but it did.

Enjoy! :)

xoxo Rae