Blossoming Fates

Splash

Emilee looked over at Zack as they walked along the shore line. He had rolled up his jeans and walked in the water that rolled up onto the sand. Zack had convinced Emilee it wasn’t cold and that she’d enjoy the water. They walked before finding a spot in the sand that was dry to sit down. Emilee placed her head on Zack’s arm and he began talking to her about something he’d been keeping secret. Emilee’s heart beat quickened and her breath hitched in her throat. She removed her head from his shoulder and looked up at him. His face was hardly visible in the dark. He asked her first if she would explain her life better, because he felt as if she hadn’t told him things. Emilee nodded her head before thinking back to where she left her life blank.

“My sister Elizabeth, she’s hardly eighteen and she just got back from rehab. She was a drunk and a drug addict. She stole from our family. She caused us all immense pain. She got pregnant at a young age and then she gave the baby boy up for adoption after claiming Rachel could care for him.” I state looking into his emerald green eyes.

“Sounds pretty rough on all of you,” He comments as he tucks a strand of fallen hair behind my ear

I nod my head before looking out at the ocean. It was a sea of blackness and the stars shined bright in the dark sky. I felt so comfortable around Zack and I didn’t want that to change. I bring my attention back to him and ask him to tell me what it was he was talking about earlier and having to tell me his secret. He sighs again and runs his hands through his raven black hair.

“Emilee, I’m not really just an owner of a graphic design company. I’m in a local rock band. I play the guitar, rhythm guitarist to be exact. I’m in a band called Avenged Sevenfold and I’m famous.” He explains

My mouth forms a perfect ‘o’ shape and I don’t know what to say. I had heard of them, but I guess I just never put the two things together. And why would I? I had no reason to suspect of my Zacky being a famous musician. Now I knew why Elizabeth may have known about Zacky because she was into all the famous people who she had a chance at seeing around Huntington Beach. I was stunned I had been around Zacky for nearly two months and I hadn’t known something so important as that.

He turned to me and wrapped his arm around my side and brought his hand to lift my chin up and make me look him in the eyes. I bit my lip and he smiled before asking if I was mad. I thought about it because after all he did lie to me, but I wanted to believe it was because he truly enjoyed my company without me knowing his double life. I could understand why he didn’t tell me the whole truth about his profession.

“Are we still going to be friends and everything, or are you going to get rid of simple me?” I asked him slightly afraid of his response

A smile broke out on Zack’s worried face and brought me into a hug placing a kiss on top of my head, “Of course we’re going to be friend Lee! I never want to get rid of you.” He stated firmly looking me in the eyes.

Zack had asked me if I would want to meet his friends which were also his band mates at a barbeque that was next weekend. I was excited and quickly the uneasy feeling between Zack and I was forgotten as we moved on to a different topic. He told me much about his friends and they defiantly sounded like a wild crowd she knew she’d enjoy effortlessly. Although, Zack warned me about his friend Brian who apparently was in between girls and was on the prowl, Brian was a big playboy and liked flirting with women. I just chuckled at Zack and leaned against him until he challenged me to a foot race to the water.

He takes off before me and rushes towards the water but he stumbles and falls on his chest causing him to come to wince in pain. I rush back towards him and make sure he’d okay. I help him up and we laugh at each other for being so ridiculous. Zack pulls his button up shirt over his head and undoes his pants stripping down to just his boxers. I blush at him being half naked before he takes off towards the water again and successfully making it this time. He screams out for me to come join him and I look at my feet thinking about his crazy idea. I laugh as he dives back underwater and chose to slide out of my dress and discarding my jewelry on top of my dress. By doing so it leaves me standing in my black boy shorts and my black push up bra from Victoria secrets.

I run to the water joining Zacky and he begins splashing me with the California summer waves. I swim towards him and dunk him under. He bobs back up with a faux glare and I giggle at him before he grabs me and pulls me into his arms. His fingers dance across my stomach and lower back as we laugh at each other making faces at the other. We slowly stop laughing and soon he and I are just staring at each other. Zack begins to lean in towards me but fear seizes me and I splash him.

“You distract me with your beauty to splash me.” He jokes but I can hear a hint of disappointment in his voice.

“Oh you know it, babe.” I wink at him causing him to laugh again.

“I don’t know how you manage to make everything so much fun, but you really do.” He admits to Emilee who can only grin at him

They put on their clothes and decide to head back to the car. Their astonished that it’s almost one in the morning and they spent so much time playing in the water. Emilee flicks on the radio and lets alternative rock play through the speakers on a low volume as she and Zacky start up a conversation. Emilee had been hurt at first that he chose to keep such an important part of him a secret, but she also understood why he would do such a thing. She was only happy that she and he could remain friends about this. Emilee began to feel extremely sick and she had to ask Zack to pull over in order for her to throw up the contents in her stomach.

Zack pulled into her apartment parking lot and walked her to her door she was pale and sweating. Zack grew with worry and had convinced her to let him stay for a few just to make sure she got settled inside and didn’t have any trouble with anything. Emilee obliged and smiled at her friend as he took her hand and led her to her bedroom. She took off her dress in front of him and grabbed dry clothes then headed to the bathroom to change. She came out said goodbye to Zack and curled up in bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Will Emilee fall for for Brian's antics? Find out soooon.
--Lindsey Ann