Blossoming Fates

Positive

Payton and I sat on the tiled bathroom floor as I threw up all of the contents in my stomach. I had made an appointment to visit the doctor in a day. Payton was more worried than anyone and I didn’t understand why she was. I knew she probably thought I was sick like how Kylie got at first. I had to reassure her that I was fine throughout the day as I got up to either pee or puke. Payton stood up headed towards my kitchen to make a sandwich and I shouted out for her to bring me a pickle. I had enjoyed pickles ever since I was young, but today I couldn’t get enough of them. Payton walked back into the bathroom handing me the pickle before walking back and leaning against the door frame.

“Hey Em, have you taken into consideration that you may be pregnant?” Payton asks me and my eyes go wide with pure fear.

“That’s impossible Pay,” I say using her nickname as a way to lighten the conversation.

“Is it impossible? When was your last period? Did you and that one night stand guy use anything?” She questions me before rubbing my back as I hurl again.

I try to count back the days, but fear soon consumes me, “Payton, I’m two months late.” I say as I look up at her from my spot leaning against the tub completely scared.

She opens her mouth to tell me something before we hear a knock on the door. I ask her if she’d answer the door while I clean up myself in here. She nods her head and leaves me alone I lock the door behind her and begin to cry. How could I have been so stupid? I take a few deep breaths as I try to calm my nerves. I run some water through the faucet and collet some in my cupped hands before splashing my face with some of the water. I run a hand through my hair that had been stuck to my face due to sweat.

I leave the bathroom and walk into the other room where Payton and Rachel both stand talking lightly amongst themselves. I try to smile at Rachel, but she knew something was wrong with me and I couldn’t do anything other than to admit what was wrong. She was shocked but offered her support to me. She left quickly after hearing what I had to say and ran to get a pregnancy test. I was nervous to say the least and at the same time my mind went to Zack. He was at one of his friend’s house talking about the band. Zack would hate me once he found out how trashy I was. I put my head in my hands and jumped when my phone vibrated in my jeans pocket.

“Hello,” I say into the phone

“Hey beautiful,” Zacky’s voice chimed through the phone causing me to smile “is everything okay? You sound a little upset.” He comments and I sigh heavily

“I would like to see you tomorrow and talk you about something.” I say sadly hoping he’d stay my friend.

“I can stop by tonight if you’d like,” He says and I tell him whatever he decides is fine before we say our goodbyes and hang up the phone.

Payton comes up and hugs me before patting my stomach. She makes a baby voice and tells me to be happy because there’s a bun in the oven. I smile at her trying to cheer me up but it isn’t long before her attempts come to a halt when Anthony shows up at my place. He is here to get some things, but when Rachel walks in yelling for me that she got the pregnancy test Anthony turns and glares at me before all hell breaks loose. He starts yelling at me calling me a slut and that he wanted to know right now who the other guy had been. I felt so utterly ashamed and eventually ending up in tears. Payton tried kicking Anthony out while Rachel locked us in the bathroom where she handed me the stick I’d have to pee on. I felt sort of uncomfortable as I peed in front of Rachel but I really had to pee and she didn’t want to make me feel like I was going through this alone.

I told Rachel to go in the shower so I at least didn’t have her eyes on me while I peed. I stood up from the toilet and placed the stick on the countertop while I can hear Payton and Anthony still screaming at each other. She never did like Anthony and it was nice to know she could get her frustration out. I wash my hands as Rachel steps from behind the curtain and over towards the box to read that we have to wait a few minutes before getting the results.

I nodded my head and walked out of the bathroom and walked into a firm chest. I looked up into the emerald green eyes I’d come to adore and suddenly all the chaos going on around me had faded. I wrapped my arms around Zack’s neck tightly and buried my face in his chest then began to cry again. I knew it was my now screwed up hormones. He rubbed small circles in my back and told me everything would be okay but all I could do was shake my head. I pulled away from his arms as walked back into the bathroom locking myself alone inside.

“You really need to get the fuck out of here.” I can hear Zack yell at Anthony who was now saying awful things to him.

“Anthony, you don’t even have a right to be here.” Rachel tries to reason before Payton or Zack completely loses their patience and hits him.

“Enjoy the whore!” Anthony screamed before slamming my front door shut and I buried my head in my hands.

I muttered a few curses at myself as I could hear the three people whispering from outside my bathroom door. It almost made me want to go out there and talk to them, but I knew what I was and that was irresponsible. I was no better than Elizabeth except I didn’t steal or do drugs. I cracked my fingers trying to focus on something other than what was presenting itself to me. I knew if that test read positive I’d have to find the guy I had slept with. I was going to have to either ask him to be a part of his child’s life or to sign all custody rights over to me. I shook my head as I stood up. I brushed the dirt off of my hands and walked towards the sink where my fate awaited me.

I stood in front of the sink and looked down at the small white stick. I picked it up and starred at it for a minute before quickly realizing what the lines had meant. I had to face the harsh truth of this reality.

“I’m pregnant,” I muttered to myself before exiting the bathroom to face my friends and sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann