Blossoming Fates

Appointment

I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctor’s office. I was currently flipping through a magazine that had been sitting on the end table before Zack walked in and took a seat next me. I was thankful to have him in these moments when I felt wrong doing something alone while most women had someone there coaching them and telling them they were doing great. I looked over at Zack smiling widely at him as he bounced his leg up and down rapidly. He seemed more nervous than I was and I was the one carrying a small human in me. It was adorable the way he was acting. He and I were going to go out after this appointment and then I was going to run over to target and get a nice bathing suit and outfit for the barbeque Zack had invited me to last weekend after he had told me who he really was.

The sweet red headed woman who I had checked in with earlier called my name out and I stood up taking Zack’s hand and pulling him towards where she now stood by a door that led to the smaller private patient rooms where examination would be held. The woman sprung quick into step and showed us to the room. Zack sat down in the orange chair as I sat up on the table where the doctor would come in and talk to me.

“Are you really that nervous?” I ask Zack as he began to chew on his fingernails

“Yeah, I’m not too fond of hospitals,” He says and I nod my head understanding what he means.

“They give me the creeps.” I state right before the doctor walks in.

The doctor braces both me and Zack with a smile and introduces herself before she quickly runs through a list of things she’d like to schedule and talk about while we’re here. I have to inform her that Zack is not the father or my boyfriend. She seemed a bit flabbergasted, but quickly moved on to informing that I was in fact pregnant as they tested my urine. Dr. Willows asks me if I’ve ever been pregnant or if I have any other children. I shake my head and she tells me I’m in for a treat. I give a weak grin and Zack reaches up grabbing my hand and squeezes it gently letting me know he was there for me.

Dr. Willows gives me a list of food I should eat while I’m pregnant. I was thankful that much of the foods on the list were things I already incorporated in my diet. She was very pleased to find out that I still took vitamins and didn’t smoke. She recommends that I eat in smaller portions to help with easing my morning sickness and also to fight the fatigue she suggested I take a nap at some point during my day. She also explains that my baby, since I’m two months pregnant, is developing its major organs and any disturbance by drugs, viruses or pesticides could cause a birth defect if I wasn’t careful. She warns me that my breasts would become tender and probably swell if they hadn’t already.

“Does either or you have any questions for me?” She asked looking at both Zack and I.

“Should I exercise while I’m pregnant?” I ask because I loved doing yoga and running.

“Routine exercise is healthy and it also may be beneficial. It may even help lift your mood or help reduce pregnancy symptoms.” She explains and hands me a pamphlet for prenatal yoga classes held at a local gym.

She schedules me for another appointment in about four weeks after doing an ultrasound which I was happy for. It would be in early August by the time I had my next appointment. All I had to focus on now was taking care of both me and the baby. I knew my next step however was telling my family and finding a new place of residence. I smile as Zack and I leave the doctors. People smiled at me who was now waiting the same way I had been doing not too long ago. I felt lucky to have a support system like Zack. He suggested he go to a small diner not too far from here and then we could head over to target or I could by myself. Although, I doubted he’d let me do anything by myself right now. He was extremely overprotective ever since he was told I was pregnant which was cute but strange as well.

He and I chatted before heading over towards our vehicles which were actually closer than either of us had expected. He gave me brief directions and soon we were off on our way. I was craving fluffy syrupy pancakes at the moment and hoped that this place would have them. Yet, I wasn’t for certain I’d end up ordering them because I flip flopped between dishes. I never could make up my mind and Zack normally ended up doing it for me. He was always so good at picking the better dish.

“I think you’re going to have a hard time figuring out what you want here.” Zack said as he walked over to me as I got out of my car.

I pouted at him, “Why would you take me somewhere with such great food?” I ask looking up at him.

“Because it’s delicious here and I’m paying so order whatever you want.” He instructs me

I’m quick to oblige because he didn’t have to come to my doctor’s appointment. This was also my turn to pay for the meal and I wasn’t sure why he wouldn’t let me. I could understand him having money and not having to really worry about it, but I didn’t want him to start to think I was incapable of paying for my own food. I didn’t think it’d be very far, but he reassures me otherwise and tells me to fine something good on the menu once we’re seated.

I grumble mostly to myself as I scan over the menu before finding something that sounds extravagant and delicious. It was banana foster and I’ve never had it before, but the picture looks radiant and the description sounded superb. Zack ordered a sub and a Greek salad while I ordered the banana foster and some tomato bisque soup with a fruity flavored drink. The waitress looked at me as if I was disgusting but I didn’t care. I knew what I wanted and I was going to order it.

“You kind of do have that motherly ‘glow’,” Zack says to me after our waitress wanders off

“You think so?” I ask unsure of it

He nods at me and smiles my way before we start talking about what gender I would like the baby to be I admit to him a girl would be easy as well as a bot, but other all I decided I want a boy rather than a girl. Zack was shocked at first, but soon said he could see me with a baby boy, but he knew it was a girl instead. I only laughed at him as he told me he was willing to bet on it, but I promised him he was wrong and that it was my womb so I would decide. Our chatter dies down some once our food arrives but we keep the small talk going. I always enjoyed myself around Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Brian is introduced next chapter, what do you think will happen?
--Lindsey Ann